The online racing simulator
Quote from Bean0 :I think they would just full course yellow and bring out the safety car.

I seem to have a vague memory of them doing this somewhere before, can anyone confirm it ?

Fuji 2007 perhaps?
Quote from Bean0 :I think they would just full course yellow and bring out the safety car.

I seem to have a vague memory of them doing this somewhere before, can anyone confirm it ?

I was thinking of something like 1994 in Japan, but yeah, it depends how heavy and fast it comes down, like always.
3 cheers for Wikipedia.

Quote from samjh :Fuji 2007 perhaps?

Started under SC due to rain. Ferraris on incorrect tyres and had to pit.

Quote from RossUK :I was thinking of something like 1994 in Japan, but yeah, it depends how heavy and fast it comes down, like always.

Red flagged and restarted, with times aggregated.

This is most likely the one I was thinking of though.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :There was that nightmare wet race at Adelaide too, sometime in the 90's , dont remember the details well, but im sure there was disagreement about whether the race should even be run, mainly between senna and prost i believe?? I just have memories of an Adelaide track looking like a swimming pool

Either Senna or Prost had already won the championship and didn't race if I recall correctly.
Eurosprt/Yahoo! Italian GP History
Who will win the italian Grand Prix?

My guess:
Qual:
F. Massa
L. Hamilton
H. Kovalainen/K. Raikkonen.

Race:
F. Massa
K. Raikkonen
F. Alonso

(I'm a Hamilton Fan but i still think thats the result)
Why does everybody suddenly think that almost the whole race will be run under safety car conditions or even be red flagged when it starts to rain?

We had several wet races this season and that never happened.

I am hoping for rain because we are basically guaranteed an entertaining race then.
I really don't know actually, just thinking about the worst rain races I could remember.

And never say never, though you're right it shouldn't.

As for predictions, if it doesn't rain I think Kimi might be able to take it, but if it does rain Mc seem much stronger than Ferrari so I would say Hamilton. I'd like to say Kovalinen could win one but it keeps going wrong for him.
In the dry : Ferrari do well.
In the wet : McLaren run to daylight, FIAT make tits of themselves and the Tifosi go home unhappy.
if the great races under wet conditions on this season dont prove to the Fairly Intelligent Apes that the cars need their downforce cut by some 50%, nothing will...

Hooray.
Damn, I can't find any live streams.

1st session is gone and 2nd is on now, Sutil got first in the 1st session(this guy can always do something special in the rain).
Kimi in Ferrari until 2010.
Quote from diablo21 :Kimi in Ferrari until 2010.

That's... surprising. Wondering, where Vettel will go. I expected him to replace Kimi.
Nice driving there by Vettel.
Quote from Kid222 :That's... surprising. Wondering, where Vettel will go. I expected him to replace Kimi.

Me too, but that will happen in 2010 (I hope)
BMW's are strong.
The live stream I linked before is going to broadcast the qualification and the race as well, without commentary.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :The live stream I linked before is going to broadcast the qualification and the race as well, without commentary.

It's exceeded the bandwidth limit.

Rye-coconut just clocked fastest. He sure is motivated!
Quote from samjh :It's exceeded the bandwidth limit.

Oh noes. I hope it comes back, the quality was good enough!
what did sutil do? he missed the pit entry after checkered flag!
Huh the pits started flooding. I would like rain but that was a bit too much lol.

It looks like its almost guaranteed to rain either in the quali or race.

Exciting...
Well it's over, but at least the site is back

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG