The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :So what Mafia boss bet on Ferrari to win today?

Don Ecclestone, after hearing his consigliere's (unexpectedly named Max) opinion.
I would like to see them try to explain this to new F1 fans...

Did you see Hamilton win last week?

He didn't win, it was taken away from him.

Why?

He cut a corner gaining a place, then followed the rules and gave it back again.

But if he followed the rules why did he get a penalty?

Well...ummmmm, he cut the turn so got a 25 seconds penalty

Why 25 seconds?

Because he gained an advantage.

How much of an advantage?

Well...eeerrr, maybe a tenth of a second if any.

So...why 25 seconds?

Because Massa was 23 seconds behind him!

Oh...
The only way to get a message through to the FIA is by FAX or post.
OK then, there is no known FIA e-mail address but we do have their fax and telephone numbers.

8, Place de la Concorde
75008 Paris
France
Telephone: +33 1 43 12 44 55
Facsimile: +33 1 43 12 44 66

Services Administratifs / Administration :

2, Chemin de Blandonnet
1215 Genève 15
Suisse / Switzerland
Telephone: +41 22 544 44 00
Facsimile: +41 22 544 44 50 (Sport)
Facsimile: +41 22 544 45 50 (Tourisme et Automobile)

I'm not suggesting that anyone does it but I would be tempted to black fax the FIA ... if I had a bloody fax machine
Quote from sam93 :Can we send a complaint to the FIA, you can get hold of this email address for the FIA, but only the email address for the webmaster, would it be redirected to a person who deals with complaints? This is the only email address you can get for them [email protected]
Don't know why I posted this lol.

Are you seriously expecting email spam to help?
They obviously filter the contents of the sewer in Interlagos in to the FIA's head.
Quote from deggis :Are you seriously expecting email spam to help?

Well it shouldn't take long untill a bot finds that address posted here while searching the web
I think the FIA will be renamed to: Ferrari International Assistance
Quote from deggis :Are you seriously expecting email spam to help?

I was joking about emailing them lol.
Quote from duke_toaster :They obviously filter the contents of the sewer in Interlagos in to the FIA's head.

I think that's where the FIA puts all the emails received from despairing race fans.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm confused. Hamilton handed the place back and did not have a mommentum advantage over Raikkonnen. Further, from what I remember of the incident I dont think Hamilton was particularly at fault for having to take to the escape road. Even Charlie Whiting said it was a fair move, but seems to have been over-ruled by the need to have a red car win the championship.

Ridiculous.

ditto.

i honestly will feel dirty if i watch another F1 race.
F(arce) 1 is what it is now....
thank god it wasnt as LFS:
Drive thru
Stop and Go
or 30 second penalty, that's what you get for cutting when there's a layout with those red circles
Heidfeld penalised too? ITV showing Hamilton as 2nd now
McLaren to appeal Hamilton's penalty

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70402

Rightfully so, and look at the comments by Stefano Domenicali, typical biased bullshit, there are too many important people in F1 that don't like actual racing, they just want their billboards to parade around the track in formation so they can keep their sponsors happy.
Quote from hyntty :So he didn't actually lose anything. Let's do some Maths.

In a fair fight: (You gain advantage illegally) - (You give your advantage back) = (it's even now)

That situation: (Gain advantage) - (Lose nothing) = (I prayed for rain! one111!)

Why not drive a few meters behind Kimi? What was the rush?

What was the rush??? To win maybe???

Plus Hamilton braked at his usual braking point and Kimi braked earlier a bit because of the rain. Hamilton dodges Kimi when he brakes early and gets on the brakes and gets along side him. He gets PUSHED off the track (that should be some kind of penalty for Kimi) and uses the escape route to cut through the chicane. He gives the advantage he gained back to Kimi and managed to overtake again because of his braking point which is later then Kimis.

(Gains advantage) - (Gives back time won by that advantage) = Penalty for being safe instead of punting both of them?
Quote from evilpimp :What was the rush??? To win maybe???

Plus Hamilton braked at his usual braking point and Kimi braked earlier a bit because of the rain. Hamilton dodges Kimi when he brakes early and gets on the brakes and gets along side him. He gets PUSHED off the track (that should be some kind of penalty for Kimi) and uses the escape route to cut through the chicane. He gives the advantage he gained back to Kimi and managed to overtake again because of his braking point which is later then Kimis.

You do realise how absurd this conversation is? The initial problem here is that there is a chicane you can cut.

Second of all, and I think I said it before, Hamilton being along side of him on the outside isn't really the ideal place to try and overtake. No-one is ever going to give room there. and why should anyone? IIRC a longer route takes, well longer, so he won't be alongside in the middle of chicane anymore.
The points you raise in the other thread are not contraversial amp88. The decisions which cause upset and the belief of bias, it is a belief that runs through people within the paddock too incidentally (see Brundle's recent Q&A).

If there is something in the FIA rulebook about not passing a car at the next corner after handing a place back i'll accept the decision. I'm not aware of any such rule. What I saw was the place being given back and the mommentum advantage being given away, and Kimi loosing his nerve at the next corner and braking like a pansy (again).

I am aware that Lewis had significant overlap on Kimi when Kimi turned in on him.

I'm also keen to see the Kimi pass on Lewis where Nico Rosberg was spun as i'm curious to know whether or not it was under yellow flag.
Quote from hyntty - Kimi Raikkonen :
If there had been a wall there, he (Hamilton) would not have ever driven through there

Well no shit sherlock but then you (mister kimi) wouldn't have been able to finish the race due to major suspension damage or he (hamilton) wouldn't have finished the race because you (master kimi) would have pushed him into the wall and you (master kimi) wouldn't have gotten a friggen penalty for it because your in a red car!

Quote from hyntty :You do realise how absurd this conversation is? The initial problem here is that there is a chicane you can cut.
Second of all, and I think I said it before, Hamilton being along side of him on the outside isn't really the ideal place to try and overtake. No-one is ever going to give room there. and why should anyone? IIRC a longer route takes, well longer, so he won't be alongside in the middle of chicane anymore.

Does Hamilton have the right to be on Kimi's outside? Yes. Does Kimi have the right to push someone off the track? No. (Yes because he's driving a red car actually.)

And what if he's not alongside? He got pushed off while being practicly alongside... He is allowed to go on the outside there is no rule stating that he cant. I'm pretty sure on the other hand that there is a rule which prevents hitting someone off the track.
Quote :Second of all, and I think I said it before, Hamilton being along side of him on the outside isn't really the ideal place to try and overtake. No-one is ever going to give room there. and why should anyone? IIRC a longer route takes, well longer, so he won't be alongside in the middle of chicane anymore.

He was, he actually still had significant overlap at the second part of the corner and Kimi turned in on him, Lewis took to the escape route to avoid a crash.
Well it was plain stupid. Massa was saying his 2nd place was luck, imagine now that his only 2 points behind Lewis. Hamilton won, end of story. I reckon Massa vs. Kubica (Japan last year) was much worse, with *lots* of contact and people actually overtaking from outside the track. So ok, it was unfair and you're right to complain.

On a side note, I must say this because some people here have selective memory: Hockenheim 2008, Hamilton overtakes Massa at the hairpin and pushes him out of the track on the corner exit. Massa backs off to avoid colision. Now I remember people saying in this very forum that that move was pure genius and that's how racing/things are. So stop complaining about Kimi pushing people off track, he did *exactly* what Lewis did.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :What about the overtaking in T1? Hamilton cut the last chicane. However he left Kimi go away, but he DID gain time with cutting and it was easy to overtake due to drafting...

If Hamilton didn't cut the track, he COULDN'T have taken Kimi over. That's a fact!

Thats because Kimi forced him off the track. If Kimi didn't force him off the track he would have passed at the chicane. That's a fact!

EDIT: I've just seen that Hamilton didn't get the win - they should seriously just stop F1. Everytime gets passed with a tiny bit of contact or anything like that they cry until the stewards fix it. Stop whining like little bitches and drive your damn cars around the other ones. Its pathetic that the championship is decided on who is penalised the least rather than who's the bloody quickest at driving the car.
Quote from hyntty :Hamilton being along side of him on the outside isn't really the ideal place to try and overtake. No-one is ever going to give room there. and why should anyone? IIRC a longer route takes, well longer, so he won't be alongside in the middle of chicane anymore.

He was much faster than Kimi at that stage of the race - look how easily he passed him into La Source. He may have thought it was worth a try around the outside once he realised how far infront he'd got after braking.

Maybe he should've backed off before the left-hand corner, maybe that would've been wiser, but he didn't deserve a 25s penalty for it. I've never seen a time penalty given for an incident like that before, where no advantage was gained. In fact I've seen Ferraris do much worse than that repeatedly and not get penalised (again, Schumacher, in Hungary).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG