The online racing simulator
seriously please someone kamikadze into Ferrari headquarters......
I have seen Alonso in a new light this year, an after the recent nonsence today you have to give him serious credit for overhauling the FIAt machine in 05 06
Quote from duke_toaster :Completely ignoring the fact that it was Raikkonen who forced Hamilton off the road at Bus Stop anyway?

I didn't say anything about that...

On that incident I think Raikkonen didn't leave enough room for Hamilton to be able to go round the outside and take him in the second part of the chicane. However, I don't think he needed to because of Hamilton's position on the track. Anyway, regardless of that, Hamilton swerved multiple times on the straight which is enough for me.
Quote from amp88 :
I don't think he needed to because of Hamilton's position on the track.

+1

It would be a rather amusing statement to say that you have to give room to someone diving to the corner on the outside. Besides, why not use the brake pedal (?) and stay betwen the white lines?
The penalty is for this

Quote from formula1.com :
Hamilton was penalised after stewards decided he had gained an advantage by cutting the final chicane in his late-race battle with Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.

After which he handed position and mommentum back to Raikonnen, who was then passed by bottling it at La Source. If Kimi had the balls to be a racing driver then they'd maybe have looked at the 'swerving', although I dont think Kimi could have passed either way on that one.
Look at this video about 1min50secs in it shows the 'incident' and you can see Kimi gave him no room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTG7hnjg0w (I know the quality is poor but I tried to quickly find a video)
Quote from hyntty :+1

It would be a rather amusing statement to say that you have to give room to someone diving to the corner on the outside. Besides, why not use the brake pedal (?) and stay betwen the white lines?

He didn't dive, it was controlled. If Kimi hadnt pushed him off he would've been still on track you can clearly see it in the replays.

The decision is simply stupid specially because he did give back the position to Kimi and then outbraked him at La Source. The F1 stewards are idiots, it's official.
The thing that really irks me about all this is we had a fantastic fight for the lead, which is a rare enough event anyway, and it only ended when Kimi lost control and nerfed the wall which had nothing to do with Hamilton.

The incident between the bus stop and la source didn't decide the outcome of the race. This is just another cynical move to make the championship closer in Ferrari's favour. Isn't it against the regulations to do anything that brings the sport into disrepute? The FIA should be smacking their own arses over this.
I want to know how they can justify this insane penalty, I only just heard about it on the news and was shocked, I knew they were under investigation but I thought that would just be a formality and common sense would prevail.

Lets analise this a bit...

-Hamilton gets alongside in the chicane, tries to go round the outside, Kimi forces him to cut the chicane by pushing him out (totally fair thing to do)

-Hamilton gained a place by cutting the chicane, but immediately gave it back as the rules state he should do.

-Hamilton makes a seperate attempt to pass at the next turn, which he completes.

-Kimi hits Hamilton after the pass.

...the only way they can justify giving him a penalty is by saying he gained an advantage by cutting the turn. But any advantage was given back when he lifted off on the straight, that also meant he had carried no extra momentum. Even if he did gain an advantage it would of been about 2 or 3 tenths of a second, not 25 ****ing seconds.

I wonder if they would have penalised Kimi for using the run off areas 2 laps in a row if he had finished.
Pitty the FIA dont let the public get their email address, I think people will be sending a lot of emails to them saying along the line of 'wtf was the penalty for, he didn't gain a advantage'. We will just have to wait for Mclaren to appeal against this and see what the outcome is then.
This result has made me wonder just who is scripted to win this year, Massa or Raikonnen. And how much does it cost to buy a championship anyway, seeing as Ferrari are the largest share-holder of F1 Holdings, do they win all championships or just most?
Well Kimi would not have been penalised for weaving to prevent a pass, or going off the track to gain an advantage, because his car is red.

Another thing, where are the penalties for dangerously rejoining the circuit? We saw the Toyota at the start of the race do it, and the Williams at the end.
Meh.. that's absolutely disgusting. Penalised for doing everything he was supposed to do, after being FORCED off the track by Rakikoknnaen. This sport plain sucks sometimes.
Quote from evilpimp :
The decision is simply stupid specially because he did give back the position to Kimi and then outbraked him at La Source..

So he didn't actually lose anything. Let's do some Maths.

In a fair fight: (You gain advantage illegally) - (You give your advantage back) = (it's even now)

That situation: (Gain advantage) - (Lose nothing) = (I prayed for rain! one111!)

Why not drive a few meters behind Kimi? What was the rush?
Quote from FIA Rules :"A driver behind can cut corners at wish, if he can't overtake on track, to keep going close to his friend; instead of crash and DNF"

And that's why there should not be any penalty!
it wasn't serious in any bit ;-)
Imo Räikkönen didn't need to force Hamilton off the road at the Bus Stop, he would have been able to stay in front even without that up to La Source. After being handed back his position by Hamilton when he cut the chicane Räikkönen did what was essentially a Massa: he moved to the outside early, leaving Hamilton no other choice but to make the pass at La Source.

Räikkönen was already disadvantaged coming to La Source, but that move gave the position away for free. He could have held the inside and then tried to hold position after Eau Rouge. Completely rubbish decision by the stewards.
Quote from hyntty :Why not drive a few meters behind Kimi? What was the rush?

Racing drivers have traditionally tried to drive infront of eachother, not behind. Maybe Lewis had seen some old motor racing on TV and got the ridiculous idea that he was supposed to try to win the race, when everybody knows that's not how it works any more.
I wondered why 25 seconds.. then suddenly it all made sense. 10 seconds for being run off the track and giving back the place, plus 15 seconds in buffer reserve in case anyone finds anything to complain about regarding Massa's driving. There is no justification for the demotion.. it's sick, frankly. It's a sick, sick sport.
Man, this is just a fecking disgrace. F1 has sunk to a new low. I'm really disapointed by this. I've been watching F1 for 20 years almost, but I'm really questioning if I'll continue after this.
Quote from DevilDare :thats it good bye F1..... only gonna watch singapore now...... its ****ed up mate....... no other words......

Quote from Intrepid :I think that's last straw! No more F1 for me... i's just a joke

Quote from J.B. :May well have been the last F1 race I ever watch.

I placed my bets.
Quote from SamH :Meh.. that's absolutely disgusting. Penalised for doing everything he was supposed to do, after being FORCED off the track by Rakikoknnaen. This sport plain sucks sometimes.

why forced, he could stay on track if he wanted...
Dear readers, life is *unfair*.
So what Mafia boss bet on Ferrari to win today?
Can we send a complaint to the FIA, you can get hold of this email address for the FIA, but only the email address for the webmaster, would it be redirected to a person who deals with complaints? This is the only email address you can get for them [email protected]
Don't know why I posted this lol.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG