The online racing simulator
Where did he qualify at Monza? Okay, okay, that's unfair.

Where did he qualify at Monza relative to his team mate with an identical car, and relative to the Ferraris that at known to be poor at maintaining tyre temps in cool conditions?

That Hamilton, he sure is great in those conditions.
Quote from evilpimp :LOL @ Hamilton saying '' I'm great in those conditions'' xD Now thats being cocky :P. I mean he is but don't rub it in their faces! :P

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, Hamilton not only crossed that line, he told it he was straighter and whiter than it as he did so.
Quote from tristancliffe :Where did he qualify at Monza relative to his team mate with an identical car, and relative to the Ferraris that at known to be poor at maintaining tyre temps in cool conditions?

Kimi's conditions were the closest to Hamilton's in Q2, and, well, they're 14th and 15th on the grid.
massa managed to get into the top10 while hamilton was out there stuggling not to go 4 seconds slower than everybody else
Quote from Shotglass :massa managed to get into the top10 while hamilton was out there stuggling not to go 4 seconds slower than everybody else

Maybe cause rain actually dubled before he did a serious run? Drivers that did their hot laps before the rain got worse had better times, that's all, nobody improved their times after that, it was a mistake from the pit that Hamilton was late to do a lap on time..
Quote from Shotglass :massa managed to get into the top10 while hamilton was out there stuggling not to go 4 seconds slower than everybody else

Indeed, mainly due to the stupid decision to go on Inters when the rain was starting to get worst..
did both of you watch the quali at all? lewis was driving on extreme wets long before massa managed to get into the top 10
when massa managed to jump up to 10th hamilton was only about 10 seconds behind him on extreme wets on a hotlap somewhere in parabolica
I did watch the whole quali but dont remember that. Oh well.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Kimi's conditions were the closest to Hamilton's in Q2, and, well, they're 14th and 15th on the grid.

The current Ferrari is notoriously poor in the wet due to its easy treatment of the tyres.

Edit: Wtf, this is the Spa thread still!
Perhaps race threads should be closed when the next GP is on.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Kimi's conditions were the closest to Hamilton's in Q2, and, well, they're 14th and 15th on the grid.

Oh I see. Well that proves that Hamilton IS the next Senna. No question about it. He'll probably start telling people he's from São Paulo soon!
Quote from joshdifabio :Wtf, this is the Spa thread still!

Quote from samjh :Perhaps race threads should be closed when the next GP is on.

when i first thought about that, it sounded like a good idea, but what if people want to talk about spa still? wouldn't make sense to clog the monza thread with spa stuff... maybe a nice moderator will do a split/merge to move things around.
Well, if there are issues to be discussed a week after the finish of a GP, then someone can start a new thread for that specific issue.

This Spa saga has gone on for long enough IMHO. Enjoy the race today, let the Spa saga go through to the ICA (FIA International Court of Appeal) hearing, and then we can resume discussions about the Spa saga again.

It was a small incident in the big scheme of things. The drivers on the grid have had their clarification through their drivers' briefing and team managers' meeting. The only thing left unsolved is McLaren's appeal to the ICA.
Bumpity bump bump bump. I can't wait to find out who wins the Euro GP today!*

(the FIA world court[?] is hearing McLaren's appeal today/now)
Quote from srdsprinter :Bumpity bump bump bump. I can't wait to find out who wins the Euro GP today!*

(the FIA world court[?] is hearing McLaren's appeal today/now)

you won't hear until tomorrow probably, and I will put you out of your misery. the FIA will not overturn the stewards (wrong) decision
I do hope so. Justice will then be served, and maybe Hamilton will turn over a new leaf.
Hamilton has done a lot of foolish things in F1, but this was not one of those instances. If I were in Hamilton's car, I'd probably have done the same as he did. If I were penalised like he was in that situation, I'd be pretty furious TBH. It's still a rediculous decision.
Quote from DaveWS :Hamilton has done a lot of foolish things in F1, but this was not one of those instances. If I were in Hamilton's car, I'd probably have done the same as he did. If I were penalised like he was in that situation, I'd be pretty furious TBH. It's still a rediculous decision.

It's a silly situation and makes everyone in car racing look like a bunch of p*ssy boys. no wonder all the kids want to do motocross or whatever instead!

F1 and 4 wheel motorsport in general just looks like some gentlemen's club and it's just wrong. it should be young, vibrant, and exciting! Like back in the day!

How are we supposed to compete with this in car racing - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VngJrAIzFNE . A young kid sees that and there is just NO competition! No wonder MSA licences numbers are dropping!

it makes F1 looks dull and lifeless. And when we do get some action that can rival other motorsports and it's penalised.
Quote from Intrepid :F1 and 4 wheel motorsport in general just looks like some gentlemen's club and it's just wrong. it should be young, vibrant, and exciting! Like back in the day!

Yeah dude
!
How young do you want it to be man?

Didn't Alonso start F1 at the age of 19? or was it 21? That's still young either way.

Kimi = 29 years old racing f1 for about 7 years
Massa = 27 years old racing f1 for about 6 years
Alonso = 27 years old racing f1 for about 6 years
Lewis = 23? years old racing f1 for about 2 years now
Hekki = 27 years old racing f1 for about 2 years now
Vettel = 21 years old on his 2nd year in f1

A few fast drivers

Vibrant? Passing or not, just watching them even on TV before the lights go off seeing the red Ferrari's and silver chrome Mclaren's are very vibrant!

Seeing some amazing battles, plenty. Monty, Schumy, Kimi, Alonso. Amazing. Not everyone can be as amazing as Senna and Prost or Clack, Gilles etc. Things don't work like that.

I enjoy watching circuit racing much more then the motocross, and i love the motocross. Where did motocross come from anyway? Its practically two different motorsports.

Back in the day? Dude, how old are you anyway?
F1 did go a bit timid at the end of the 90s and I think it is surging back up with all this new young talent and slicks returning, removing of more aerodynamic grip and KERS might bring some good racing.
Quote from aoun :Back in the day? Dude, how old are you anyway?

He's about 18. But only looks about 12, or at least he did a couple of years ago.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG