The online racing simulator
#1 - aoun
2008 Formula 1 Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix *Spoilers*
Too early or late, i really don't know, and I'm sure half don't really care.

But i thought id make discussion already because i think this is going to be a very interesting round.

You have Kimi who appears to be off form in the last few racers. However, this is as if its his home track. Hes dominated here for years now and it will be a big boost for him if he wins this round. You have Lewis who is the championship leader with a good 6 points and you got Massa who has shown domination in the last few rounds.

I think even though Robert Kubica is a top driver, i think he is completely out of this battle.

Plus i feel this is more of a Ferrari track, longer turns and straights.

More to talk about, of course, but il keep it for more discussion .

This track is one of my favorites, with Monaco, Australia and Brazil.
Massa will win im thinking.

i think Vettel might get a podium(ferrari engine), but then agian i doubt it.

Mclaren wont have a chance here i would think but we will have to wait till practice to get a fair indication.
#3 - HVS5b
I imagine Spa is one of everybodies favourite circuits on the calendar. It certainly is for me, although the changes they made to the bus stop chicane a few years ago were not to my liking (much like the tweak to Rascasse). Why make a slow but potentially tricky corner into something much more straightforward?

If anything maybe Eau Rouge should be altered so it can't quite be taken flat out and the drivers have to worry about more than just getting the line right

Yes, traditionally this is one of Ferraris strongest tracks, but I wouldn't be writing off Hatemelol for a podium finish. 1-2 for the prancing horses, Kimi first

This is definately a three horse race, but the STR's should do well again.

The big battle will be in midfield with Toyota, Williams, Renault, STR and BMW all fighting for positions 4-10.

So looking forward to this race, I'm even quite glad the forecast for my home town is $hitty for the weekend so I don't feel guilty about sitting about the house!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4935

Forcast for Spa is sunshine and showers both days , hold on to your hats everyone!!
Everyone talks about big come back of Kimi in here and Kimi probably feels himself the same and the pressure from whole thing.
I'm strongly behind Massa and I supporting him for a win.

On the other hand, Vettel showed great performance at Velincia and I hope that will continue. Oh it would be so awsome if he finishes in front of Hamilton

@chicane changes: Looks like they found best option for overtaking there, and you can see so many passes there in other series but F1 now, and let's hope we'll see in F1 too
TBH it's bit stupid that it lost standard Bus stop appearance...
#5 - samjh
Ferrari will be strong here, and Kimi knows he NEEDS to win this. Massa won't disappoint. But that's assuming they've ironed out their reliability gremlins.

BMW were quite good on this track last year, and their car has improved. I think Kubica might get a surprisingly good result, but he's on his old engine and tranny. Heidfeld has a new engine and tranny, so he might be tempted to push more. Watch out.

The STRs have Ferrari engines, but their aero is nowhere near as good, and this track needs good aero. There might be a battle brewing between Toyota and STR on this track: STR has the power but not the aero, while Toyota has the aero but not the power. I wonder where Renault will fit into the scrabble.
Qual:
1st. K. Raikkonen
2nd. L. Hamilton
3rd. F. Massa

Race:
1st. K. Raikkonen
2nd. F. Massa
3rd. L. Hamilton
Quote from samjh :Ferrari will be strong here, and Kimi knows he NEEDS to win this. Massa won't disappoint. But that's assuming they've ironed out their reliability gremlins.

BMW were quite good on this track last year, and their car has improved. I think Kubica might get a surprisingly good result, but he's on his old engine and tranny. Heidfeld has a new engine and tranny, so he might be tempted to push more. Watch out.

The STRs have Ferrari engines, but their aero is nowhere near as good, and this track needs good aero. There might be a battle brewing between Toyota and STR on this track: STR has the power but not the aero, while Toyota has the aero but not the power. I wonder where Renault will fit into the scrabble.

But STR has a higher top speed then Ferrari.

Red bull might be good, becuase there car is practicaly based on high speed aero, its a shame there engines are not.
#10 - AMB
Quote from aroX123 :Qual:
1st. K. Raikkonen
2nd. L. Hamilton
3rd. F. Massa

Race:
1st. K. Raikkonen
2nd. F. Massa
3rd. L. Hamilton

aroX123
S2 licensed

Racername: -TR- AroX
Online at: [url="lfs://%7CNO+GAYS+ALLOWED%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]NO GAYS ALLOWED[/url]
[url="http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=aroX123"][/url] [url="http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=913618#"][/url] [url="http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=913618#"][/url]

Nice servers you visit,

On Topic: Hamilton Will pwn because he's the best.
Everything might happen
I bet on a Ferrari 1-2 with Massa in first. Third place to Hamilton.

However, everything might happen. McLaren is better than Ferrari on corners, but lose on straights, while Ferrari loses on corners, but wins on straights. Have you noticed that McLaren won at Monaco this year with Hamilton and last one with Alonso, and that Ferrari won twice in a row at bahrain and thrice in a row at Istanbul, all with Massa? Monaco clearly favors McLaren, while Bahrain and Istanbul favor Ferrari. These two are both fast courses, while Monaco is the slowest in the season. So, fast courses favor Ferrari and slow ones favor McLaren... Spa is a very fast course, and that clearly un-favors McLaren (in short, it favors Ferrari), wich means that Ferrari should do better than McLaren on this weekend's GP, but, as I said before, everything might happen...
How is there spoilers in here when the race hasn't even been run yet?
Quote from nismoCat :How is there spoilers in here when the race hasn't even been run yet?

I think its there for when there are spoilers - saves the mods having to change the title
Quote from speedemon57 :However, everything might happen. McLaren is better than Ferrari on corners, but lose on straights, while Ferrari loses on corners, but wins on straights. Have you noticed that McLaren won at Monaco this year with Hamilton and last one with Alonso, and that Ferrari won twice in a row at bahrain and thrice in a row at Istanbul, all with Massa? Monaco clearly favors McLaren, while Bahrain and Istanbul favor Ferrari.

I think this year's Monaco result was less to do with the Ferrari's slow corner speed and more to do with the fact it doesn't perform in the wet. Silverstone's a fast circuit but where were the Ferraris? Trying to decapitate bunnies as they spun across the grass.
Quote from speedemon57 :McLaren is better than Ferrari on corners, but lose on straights, while Ferrari loses on corners, but wins on straights.

This conclusion isn't accurate at all.

It isn't as simple as how you describe. There's a big difference between slow corners and fast corners in terms of car setup. And it's a severe oversimplification to say that the Mclaren is better at slow tracks and Ferrari at fast ones. It depends totally on the overall nature of the circuit. Monza is the fastest circuit, yet Mclaren was better than Ferrari there last year and are likely to be again this year. Their aero package has been more efficient than Ferrari's this year, and at Monza efficiency rules. The Mclarens have tended to have higher trap speeds than Ferrari all season, which indicates they are actually better in a straight line than Ferrari. The Ferrari has very good downforce, but it isn't quite as efficient. The Mclaren is also more compliant over bumps and kerbs. The Ferrari is more forgiving to its tires than Mclaren as well. This is why the Ferrari is so good on tracks with fast, sweeping corners like Spa and Istanbul and why Mclaren was better at, say, Montreal. Ferrari can generally run a riskier tire strategy on tracks with long fast bends which stress the tires more, while Mclaren often have to alter theirs because the tires wear so much. Just look at Turkey this year.

No useful conclusion could be drawn from whether one or the other was better at Monaco. It's a complete one-off in terms of setup, and it rained there anyway. It rained at Silverstone as well, which is why the Ferraris weren't slapping Lewis around a bit. Hell, Kimi nearly did anyway except the team pissed it away on tire strategy.
Quote from aroX123 :we just make funny name server XD

Nah - you just randomly spam on forums and make insulting and offensive server names.

I keep thinking Ferrari will dominate this but with their recent luck i'm thinking someone new will come out on top. I hope it will be someone like Vettel or Trulli - would both be great for my F1 Fantasy Game.
I just hope Spa's crazy weather gives us some surprises. Anyone has a weather forecast for the weekend?

Quote from mcintyrej :would both be great for my F1 Fantasy Game.

*Runs to place the bets*
Quote from de Souza :I just hope Spa's crazy weather gives us some surprises. Anyone has a weather forecast for the weekend?

Here you have
Quote from NitroNitrous :Here you have

Gracias.

Damn, not as rainy as I wanted, but there's a chance to rain on qualify. Hopefully this will mix things better for the race.
At least, Spa usually is quite entertaining in the dry, too.
True, that track is simply awesome. Aw remember Alonso and Hamilton together at Eau Rouge? :eclipsee_
Yeah, and this, of course!
Beautiful! I remember Zonta saying he just lifted and prayed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG