The online racing simulator

Poll : Which foot do you brake with whilst playing LFS?

Left foot always
Right foot always
Normally left, but right for when down-shifting (G25 H-Shifters...)
Depends on the corner / situation
Whatever takes your fancy
Left foot, since I've got a MOMO, which has only two pedals.
No clutch pedal,so i use right foot,left foot is unused,just for holding my right foot on it :P
left foot since ever and forever
Quote from paolo_bo :Is this English?
my english is poor.

More or less.

Talking of left foot braking, which is what I do, I managed to snap my brake pedal today after hours of constantly slamming it down. 5 minutes, ingenuity and a bit of gaffa tape later, and it's all sorted
Quote from paolo_bo :Is this English?
my english is poor.

Just means it's a really cool homemade setup. I'd love to do something like that, but I don't have the time nor the skill...

Quote from Minimaxman :Talking of left foot braking, which is what I do, I managed to snap my brake pedal today after hours of constantly slamming it down. 5 minutes, ingenuity and a bit of gaffa tape later, and it's all sorted

Gaffer tape fixes all
Quote from mrodgers :Stomper, I would guess for over here it would be someone who left foot brakes and jacks the brakes on because for the majority of folks, it seems it is far easier to have a feel for pressure with your right foot over your left foot. Thus, using left foot on a hydrolic brake system, the majority would smash way too hard on the brake pedal. I certainly do if I would try to brake IRL with my left foot.

Also, people who right foot brake IRL tend to hover their foot over the brake pedal and eventually relax the leg/foot causing them to press ever so slightly the brake pedal causing their brake lights to illuminate and premature brake wear and heating.

Thanks for explaining that one; I dont think I could have done any better. Those d-bags driving down the highway in their Crapalac Excapades with the brake lights on even thought they are doing a steady 90 mph, towing their boat, eating Mc'd's, talking on a cell phone, reading a map, reading a GPS, watching a movie, trying to learn how to read, and also sorta driving are always stompers, always. Yay for Stompers.

I guess I may be over-stating that a little bit, but it still makes me mad.
Quote from speed1 :Thanks for explaining that one; I dont think I could have done any better. Those d-bags driving down the highway in their Crapalac Excapades with the brake lights on even thought they are doing a steady 90 mph, towing their boat, eating Mc'd's, talking on a cell phone, reading a map, reading a GPS, watching a movie, trying to learn how to read, and also sorta driving are always stompers, always. Yay for Stompers.

Over here they drive Range Rovers and tow horse boxes. We call them Pikeys.
Here we call them. . . Um, I like this forum, so I wont say out of fear of getting banned. Also, I forgot to say that some of them drive Lincons
breaking left foot in LFS and right foot in reallife (although in both, I do drive with seqencial shifts)
Driving with MOMO(2pedals) and i am on left foot braking
#87 - Juls
Before I was using left foot (two pedals).

Now with G25 I use middle foot.
You got 3 feet?
I use the right foot in a real car, so then its right foot in games aswell. Open wheelers and other things without a third pedal might be different, but I rarely drive those.
I've recently started left-foot braking SS, but it doesn't feel right. My left foot kinda falls asleep after a while, and rests on the pedal. I wasn't any faster anyway, so I'll stick with right foot...

I've also started heel-toeing the SS and GTRs, that seems to have helped my times a small bit. Plus the rear temps are even
I only have two pedals so one on the throttle and one on the brake.
Depends on the corner/situation
#94 - feat
Quote from Riders Motion :I only have two pedals so one on the throttle and one on the brake.

+1, haha
I Should start to use left foot for braking IRL.
And yes, father's bmw DOES HAVE clutch.
this is why we have a forum , nice poll btw.

normaly i am left , but because th g25 sometimes right
It depends what car I'm in.
If its a car with Sequential Gears, and I can't use my 6-Speed shifter, I use my left foot to speed up the braking.
If its a car with a 6-Speed shifter, I'll use my right foot.
Right foot braking (G25 and shifter) and when needed left foot braking for car balancing!But it always depends on the ca/track/situation!
Quote from AjRose :I'm surprised how many people actually right foot brake..

Have you never driven a real car? I played LFS on a G25 and was practising left foot braking (after seeing this demonstration video: http://dl.haymarket.streamuk.c ... 007/Left_foot_braking.mp4) and it worked quite well, as you are still powering through the corner and you get good traction on the exit.

I tried it in my real car once late at night though, and was very surprised when I managed to stop the car in the middle of the road when I was merely trying to slow the car down while cornering using the left foot braking technique. You'd be surprised at how light the brake pedal is compared to the accelerator, and how your right foot is used to pressing the accelerator (heavy) whereas your left foot is used to pressing the clutch and brake (light).

By the way I practised it a lot and I'm quite good at it now, you just got to remember to be really soft on the brakes with your left foot or you'll be headbutting the steering wheel constantly, just like the guy says in the above video. I've also mastered clutchless gear changes
wow! your power assist on your brakes are extremely strong, If it is true that your brake pedal in your car is "lighter" to push in than your accelerator. If you had no power brakes you would have to muscle the brakes just to come to a quick stop.

The "light" brake pedal feeling is caused by the brake booster (power assist) when the brake pads have yet to make firm contact with the rotor, as there is probably some expansion of the brake lines when the cylinder is compressed. The brake booster dulls the feeling so it is hard to tell if the pads have made contact with the rotor yet However, the pads are still touching the rotor, so if you quickly close the space (zero contact to firm contact) to the rotor there will be a shorter impulse causing the, aforementioned "wheel headbutt."
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I've also started heel-toeing the SS and GTRs,

Do you mean break with toes, accelerate with heel?

Edit : As most of lads above i only have two pedals, one for for each

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG