The online racing simulator

Poll : Which foot do you brake with whilst playing LFS?

Left foot always
Right foot always
Normally left, but right for when down-shifting (G25 H-Shifters...)
Depends on the corner / situation
Whatever takes your fancy
Which foot do you brake with in LFS?
Ok so here's a poll to determine which foot people use to brake in LFS. Always wondered, so thought I'd give it a go.

I always used to right-foot brake, but have recently (for the last 6 months or so) been religiously left-foot braking. For me, it means my reaction times to hit the brake are faster, which is one of the main reasons I do it.

So, how about you?

Apologies to those who don't use a wheel and pedals...

This is a poll for how you brake IN LFS, not in real life
Depends on the corner/situation.
That's a good point Android, is it possible to edit the poll to add that to it?
I guess so - if not, you can always ask a mod to add the poll option.
#5 - 5haz
In real life I right foot brake, in virtual land i left foot brake, mainly because I don't have a clutch pedal.
I don't have lisence IRL
But I prefer using left foot braking.
Left foot, always. Not through choice though. If I had a G25 I'd drive like I do IRL (in lessons right now, but I'll have my license by the end of autumn).

But my old wheel not only had just 2 pedals, but also had them placed so far apart that it would've been physically impossible to right-foot brake in time to stop hitting the car in front

Of course right now I'm stuck with left finger braking on my joypad, but I don't play LFS now because the pad steering is far too twitchy.
left, but sometimes i notice im accerelating with 2 foots. i dunno why i sometimes use 2 foots to accelerate, quess its about lazy car that i wanna get going faster
Im always using Right-foot. It feels wierd if I begin to try with my left (I own G25)
In real life, always with my right foot.

In LFS... I used to do it the same as I do in real life, so with my right foot. After a while my H-shifter started to malfunction, so I had to use sequential shifting instead of H-gate. This meant that I didn't have to use the clutch when downshifting. So I started to use my left foot.

In my opinion this has some advantages, mainly the fact that you can trail brake better (right foot on the throttle, left foot on the brake). I think I would be considerably slower if I were to use the H-gate shifter again and my my right foot to brake.
Adding to my post, this is only since I got the G25. Before with the MS Sidewinder FF I had it was left foot braking, always. I do think that I'm better at modulating the brake with my right foot nowadays and as far as I can remember I tended to brake too much too long when using my left foot. It did however allow me to apply throttle and brake at the same time rather precisely, which can help if you need to alter the car's stability quickly.

Overall in a real car or when using the G25 realistically, you don't have much of a choice. You either right foot brake always or switch it up when appropriate. At most you can do clutchless downshifts additionally to using it in corners where you don't need to shift, but most of the time you'll simply need your left foot for operating the clutch. As for IRL driving, it's right foot always. I'm not jeopardizing road safety for silly experiments.
When I use a wheel, left foot but I use a pad most of the time for a multitude of reasons. List me as "present but not voting"
No clutch pedal = left foot braking
Only 2 pedals. I'm dying to get one with 3.
#16 - pipa
Since i dont have a clutch i brake with the left foot. In real life its mostly the right foot, but if i dont have to shift then its the left one
I right foot brake In my truck(stick shift) and g25...
I'm weird.

In LFS, I use my right foot for gas and brake while my left foot does nothing (I usually drive cars with sequential gearboxes and use autoclutch for everything else).

On my bike, my left foot is constantly busy going through the gears while my right foot does nothing (I don't use the rear brake unless I'm on a very low grip and/or loose surface).
I brake as i would in a real car.

Right foot (g25 user here)

Xcept when im in the SS's where I left foot break because of the increased need for faster reactions and so my left leg doesnt fall asleep +/ drop off when i do a large stint in a SS.

P.S

Hey Alex =]
Depends on corner/situation.

Despite Android and me apparently voting for that, it only has one vote. Android - check your vote!
2 peedals(DFP)- Left foot braking. I tried right foot braking- it's awful
G25 (newly) user here, so I right foot brake, though I did right foot brake when I had my DFP too, left foot braking feels weird to me.
DFP, i left foot brake. it helps me balance the car if i corner too fast (throttle too).
This poll has been done several times.....

I have a MOMO, thus 2 pedals. I left foot brake. Previous to the MOMO, I had a Thrustmaster T2, again 2 pedals, thus left foot brake. I have been sim racing since 1996 when I got the T2. I had never had any experience with using a wheel/pedal controller in sim racing prior to 1996. I have been driving IRL since 1988, and have always braked with the right foot. Don't know where it came from, but the minute I connected up my newly aquired wheel/pedal set in 1996, it was completely natural to left foot brake. If I try left foot braking IRL, I hit my head on the windshield.

When patch Y was in it's X test patch phase, I was working on an h-shifter and I connected the old T2 pedals up for a clutch. For that short time, I right foot braked, figured out heel and toe, and all that stuff. I've since quit using the clutch pedal since the H-shifter never worked and it just felt silly to bother with clutching and using the seq. shifter on my MOMO. So, I'm back to left foot braking and autoclutch.

Which foot do you brake with in LFS?
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG