The online racing simulator
MOTORM4X Thread
(247 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :It's dissapointing, was looking forward to this, not after playing the demo.

Why is that? What is disappointing (note the spelling you native English speaking noob...)?

I have to wait until tonight to download.
The demo seems to crash when going to the control options. No in-car view, no multiplayer... seems rather crappy
Seems, these are the biggest cons.
Physics feel "airy", no in car view, controls are hard to configure, just feels very "empty".
Also, no force feedback whatsoever in the demo. It semms that is intended to be played with a game pad.

I still wonder why it's possible to map every single gear to use an H-gate shifter, especially as there is no clutch.

But it looks gorgeus and I guess it drives reasonably well. I'd get it if the full version is less than 15 Euros.
I just visited the forum for the first time. I've seen where there is no FF support and no in-car view. At least there is a bonnet view.

I also have read a lot of talk about how the physics looked great, just from screenshots and videos. I had a good laugh over that one, the physics "look" great, as if you can really see the physics.

As I said before, either in this thread or another, I have something called Cabelas' Off-Road Adventures (CORA). Cabelas is an outdoor/camping/hunting store. When I looked at these screenshots and videos way back when, it all looked very much like CORA, even down to the camera angles and views on the videos. CORA did have FF support, or at least as far as I remember it had FF support. It also did not have a cockpit view, but a centered bonnet view. The rotating of the camera around the vehicle in the Motorm4x videos as well as the static camera with the vehicles driving past in the videos are identical to the camera views of the CORA.

CORA was cool for the 90's. If Motorm4x is similar to that or as I suspected, an update with mostly graphical updates to the Cabelas program, then it won't hold it's own in today's realism of driving sims. It will merely be just a game. I'm interested and have been interested in off-road simulation for a very long time, longer than I've been with LFS and I was hoping that Motorm4x was what I want.

I also have to laugh at the suggestions in the forum. I read talk and suggestions for Motorm4x 2 already. Sheesh, the demo hadn't even been out yet when those posts were created. Hmm, that should sound familiar to a lot of folks here...
Quote from LFSn00b :I will definitely buy it if there will be multiplayer with free roam possibility. Otherwise, the demo seems to crash in controls option, and a few cons on the physics, like flipping a bit too easily.

there wont be multiplayer, but maybe in the sequal if this one goes well
Downloaded and installed. Tried to play and it crashed twice while loading track. Uninstalled.
To fancy bling bling GFX , dont like it , No incar view cockpit

Phisisc , mmm , nice but , need something more... i think
I've expected more of this.

It's not too bad... It was fun for about 2 hours. Then i got bored of it.

If they'd work a little more on the physics, it could be good.
Quote from LFSn00b :Then it might be your PC, because it runs fine for me

Probably, I'm on an Athlon XP + Radeon 9200... By the way, anyone found the system requirements?
Quote from Inouva :To fancy bling bling GFX , dont like it , No incar view cockpit

Phisisc , mmm , nice but , need something more... i think

What bling bling? It looked very nice for me. Realistic looking graphics doesn't equal bling bling. I thought it looked quite realistic.

It also crashed constantly for me. I would go to the first trial or whatever you would call it, and each time when I arrived, it crashed.

From my earlier post, I mentioned Cabelas Off-Road Adventure and thought this might have been a continuation of that. It is definitely not. It looks almost identical as in the terrain and vehicle models and cameras, but it drives absolutely nothing like it.

I agree with Danowat, it felt "airy". It did not feel connected to the ground at all. It would definitely need force feedback. Cabelas has force feedback, if I recall.

I managed to start the first trial once before the program crashed. I could not get my vehicle to move. The throttle control was nearly nonexistant. But that could have been due to my Momo pedals, but I think my throttle is good. It's my brake pedal that is FUBAR. I use to be a 4wheeler in a stock Toyota Hilux with open diff front and rear. There is no way a vehicle with locked front and rear and decent tires that would stop dead and sit and spin in one place on something like that first trial is. Nor would the tires even be able to spin like they did running in 1st gear low range. I could only do maybe a max of 5 mph in my truck. If traction was lost, the tires might skip on rocks similar to in the game, but not flat out spin at 25 mph.

As there is talk, not just from the forum members at the game's forum but from the developer himself, of Motorm4x 2 already, this is a giant failure.
Quote from de Souza :Probably, I'm on an Athlon XP + Radeon 9200... By the way, anyone found the system requirements?

MINIMAL:
CPU 1,4GHz
RAM 512MB
VGA 256MB Shader 2.0 DirectX 9.0 compatible
DVD ROM Drive
2GB available disk space

OPTIMAL:
CPU 2,0GHz
RAM 1GB
VGA 512MB Shader 2.0 DirectX 9.0 compatible
DVD ROM drive
2GB available disk space
Ran great for me too, never got the "Options" bug either ..

My major point: User profiles.

As soon as i got to garage i spend 16000 of my 20000 on performance. Bugger, I thought.

Went to start new profile, no option. Sad Sarge

Graphics: Pretty damn nice, no silly effects (blurring at 70MPH tho ? bit ott ...)
Physics: As said, "airy". vehicles need more mass ...

Otherwise i can see this being quite enjoyable.

My 2 pence

Sarge.
Quote from Equinox :

My major point: User profiles.

As soon as i got to garage i spend 16000 of my 20000 on performance. Bugger, I thought.

Went to start new profile, no option. Sad Sarge

Go to My Documents and then there is a Motorm4x folder. Delete all the files in there... fresh start.
Quote from mrodgers :What bling bling? It looked very nice for me. Realistic looking graphics doesn't equal bling bling. I thought it looked quite realistic.

It also crashed constantly for me. I would go to the first trial or whatever you would call it, and each time when I arrived, it crashed.

From my earlier post, I mentioned Cabelas Off-Road Adventure and thought this might have been a continuation of that. It is definitely not. It looks almost identical as in the terrain and vehicle models and cameras, but it drives absolutely nothing like it.

I agree with Danowat, it felt "airy". It did not feel connected to the ground at all. It would definitely need force feedback. Cabelas has force feedback, if I recall.

I managed to start the first trial once before the program crashed. I could not get my vehicle to move. The throttle control was nearly nonexistant. But that could have been due to my Momo pedals, but I think my throttle is good. It's my brake pedal that is FUBAR. I use to be a 4wheeler in a stock Toyota Hilux with open diff front and rear. There is no way a vehicle with locked front and rear and decent tires that would stop dead and sit and spin in one place on something like that first trial is. Nor would the tires even be able to spin like they did running in 1st gear low range. I could only do maybe a max of 5 mph in my truck. If traction was lost, the tires might skip on rocks similar to in the game, but not flat out spin at 25 mph.

As there is talk, not just from the forum members at the game's forum but from the developer himself, of Motorm4x 2 already, this is a giant failure.

To exesive Motion blur , to exesive Bloom , To exesive HDR , and the list keep rolling , the only i see good is the shaders , nothing more
Quote from LFSn00b :Just do the dune buggy thing (go right from the garage if you face 180 degrees away from the garage) and repeat it many times until you get money a lot. I did this way and i have the F-150 lookalike too now, fully modded.

i think its a Dodge RAM 2500
Great game, 4 days more to release..(for poland)
Quote from gacek1 :Great game, 4 days more to release..(for poland)

DAMMIT, i gotta wait at least one or two months

lucky bastard
Quote from G!NhO :MINIMAL:
CPU 1,4GHz
RAM 512MB
VGA 256MB Shader 2.0 DirectX 9.0 compatible
DVD ROM Drive
2GB available disk space

OPTIMAL:
CPU 2,0GHz
RAM 1GB
VGA 512MB Shader 2.0 DirectX 9.0 compatible
DVD ROM drive
2GB available disk space

Thank you, that explains a lot. But then again games don't usually just crash when you're below specs...
Graphic drivers?
Quote from Inouva :To exesive Motion blur , to exesive Bloom , To exesive HDR , and the list keep rolling , the only i see good is the shaders , nothing more

I've been away for weeks, but I just had to come back to say:

There's no bloom and no HDR, so well done. Stop bitching about the graphics just because your 4 year old rig can't run it.

It's reasonable fun for a while. On the OGRE forums one of the devs mentions the demo is fairly old and some bugs have been fixed. Won't be buying it for full price, seems like a perfect bargain-bin purchase to me.
Quote from pb32000 :Stop bitching about the graphics just because your 4 year old rig can't run it.

true
Quote from pb32000 :
There's no bloom and no HDR, so well done. Stop bitching about the graphics just because your 4 year old rig can't run it.

Erm i have a new pc , and the game run´s like mmnn 320fps , so SU, that game suck on GFX from Mi POV , live whit that...
Quote from Inouva :To exesive Motion blur , to exesive Bloom , To exesive HDR , and the list keep rolling , the only i see good is the shaders , nothing more

I could never get the truck up to any speed to see any motion blur. I haven't been into gaming since the Sega Genesis (I only do racing sims such as NR2003 and LFS and flight sims) so I don't even know what bloom and HDR is or looks like. It all looked very good to me, but I had many of the graphics options disabled. I saw no bling bling graphics such as I've seen in screenshots of NFS if that is what you mean by bloom and HDR.

It looked very very nice, as in looking realistic. The vehicle physics were very poor, that's the only thing I can say negative, which is, of course, huge when you are looking at a simulator.

Quote :It's reasonable fun for a while. On the OGRE forums one of the devs mentions the demo is fairly old and some bugs have been fixed. Won't be buying it for full price, seems like a perfect bargain-bin purchase to me.

Was it not just released a few days ago? Releasing something and then saying it is very old and bugs are now worked out is very poor development releasing in my opinion. I had read that it was going to be priced at a bargain-bin price.

MOTORM4X Thread
(247 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG