The online racing simulator
MOTORM4X Thread
(247 posts, started )
MOTORM4X Thread
Hi,

I tought I would start this thread so we can discuss about MOTORM4X, possibly the best offroad game to date. It was due for two weeks ago but it's comming reallyt soon so I guess we can start and discuss about it! Personally, I have been following its devellopement since the beginning and it's one of the reasons that got me hooked on car games. I'm really expecting something big and I have a lot of respect for the dev. team. They are 1-2 more than the LFS devs but they still got huge job to do. So what are you expecting??

I hope there is realistic mud and water, no like most games and I also wish that it's possible to break the mecanical parts like suspension and drive shafts. The turn down for me though is that there's no cockpit view - I'm a die hard cockpit user - but as another guy told me, it's fun to watch the suspension work when you climb rocks and go through a mud puddle.

Is there any other offroad addict with me?

-> http://www.theeasyco.com/
There is a demo for download or something?

I dont find anithing in the web
#3 - BAMBO
It reminds me of 4x4 Evolution 2 which was a cool game, if I get the chance, I will get it.
Quote from Inouva :There is a demo for download or something?

I dont find anithing in the web

It's not out yet. :/
i want it too i'm already spamming the forum, but they let nothing go
This is the first time I heard of it and I must admit it sounds very interesting.
This game makes me think about how many hours of fun I spent on 1nsane.Looking good.
O baby that looks cool. When it will be released, im too lazy to read the whole site
Quote from Maukkade :O baby that looks cool. When it will be released, im too lazy to read the whole site

Q2 2008 - That's couple of days from here!
Quote from Riders Motion :Q2 2008 - That's couple of days from here!

Q1 - January - March
Q2 - April - June
Q3 - July - ......

We are well past Q2. They are late....
Sorry to bump an older thread but I have just played the demo and it's quite fun Besides the obviously expected off-road fun, you get to purchase some upgrades for the vehicle (performance and visual). Driving on the rocks is really fun. I'd say realistic but I have no first-hand experience with this kind of driving so don't take me literally on that one. But I can say with certainty that on-road driving especially in high speeds is rubbish and surprising at least (takes some time to get used to). Anyway, it's fun to watch the car interact with the surface, especially rocks and bumps.

The are some driver aids, that can be turned off (anti-roll-over thing for example) and there are some gadgets to help you through the rough terrain (ESP, anti slip etc.). Fuel gets low pretty fast so keep your eye on the gauge.

Concerning the realism factor, it still isn't LFS, but I don't know a more realistic off-road game. The demo is already available (the link is at the bottom, under the 3 small images on the right) and is not time limited (only content limited, like LFS), at least I didn't notice any time limit.

I have tried one trial (medium difficulty) with a time of around 12 minutes. The AIs do it in somewhere between 3-4 minutes, so I guess I was too careful

Anyways, try the game out and post your experience, it's worth a try.

Oh and one more thing, did anyone of you try it with a FFB wheel? I have a G25 but currently disconnected. If no one gives it a try, I will, but in a few days.
downloading now hopefully it works on my slowish PC
Maybe I should have said that. I have a laptop with:
CPU: Intel Pentium 1.73GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce 7300 (the mobile version with turbocachce)
RAM: 2GB
HDD: game takes some 700MB
Overall a 2 years old computer which was medium-spec then.

With no postprocessing, no AA and some redundant "effects" the game runs like a dream at 1280x800. I have grass on, speedtree (whatever that is) on, some other stuff on too. No problem with FPS
Quote from swisscosmo :downloading now hopefully it works on my slowish PC

- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP;
- CPU Pentium III 1GH;
- 256 MB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce 3 lub ATI Radon 64 MB RAM ( DirectX 9.0c, 128 MB RAM )
- 700mb HD
- DVD-ROM
its a great game, the best 4x4 game i ever played

but too bad its not moddeble like 1NSANE is
Interesting, I look forward to trying out the demo
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
ive been following this game for months when did the demo come out ?
ya im downloading it now but there was nothing on the website about it
It's dissapointing, was looking forward to this, not after playing the demo.
Quote from dj-fluxsa :ya im downloading it now but there was nothing on the website about it

there is a topic called, Game demo, in the questions section
Finally some news! Great, i was waiting for this mud racer. Should show some activity.
I've been waiting ages for this !

I do hope it lives up to what was said on the main site ...

Sarge.

MOTORM4X Thread
(247 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG