The online racing simulator
Mouse For Speed
(274 posts, started )
I suggest getting rid of the forums because all that comes out of here lately are stupid suggestions
Dya realise that you have a better control over throtle and brakes if you're using wheel rather than kayboard and mouse?

Yes you can move the wheel quicker with mouse but with acceleration you have only one option - Pedal to the metal and that ain't good with fast cars.

Stop whining like a baby about losing to mouse drivers. After all it's about having fun and enjoying yourself rather than being number one all the time, and if all you have in mind is 1st place and getting beat up by better drivers is a bad thing then shoot yourself >_<
Quote from Dajmin :They're racers, yes, but not drivers.

I think the main reasons they can be faster is firstly because they have no FFB fighting against them, so they can accurately hold the car on a curve. And secondly, they have the steering gauge to help them always know where to hold the cursor in order to take the curve at the best possible angle.

It makes me wonder how well the mouse drivers would do if that steering gauge was removed.

I am a mauser and i don't use that gauge, i simply look at the ingame stering wheel, to now where my wheels ar pointing
Quote from Boris Lozac :0.4 seconds is HUGE, no hard feelings, but most of the forum regulars are casual players like yourself.. We organise leagues, people are competative, half a second is a big deal... i thought that's pretty obvious.

I'm talking about servers where people drive the same combo all the time, like XFG/BL demo servers, where you see low 1:33's etc, leagues where people practice every day.. Tenth of a second is a big deal, let alone 4, 5 tenths..
I used to go to our demo server with XFG @ BL, every single racer drives 1:33, so that's where mouse dominance is realy noticable, they simply don't make mistakes, they programed their hand and that's it... The same driver who got MOMO as a present couldn't do low 1:33's so he continued to drive on the mouse... That's what's pissin' me off...

I drove xfg at bl1 with mouse for several years. Always doing laptimes close to WR. Heck, i had the WR for a while. Then i got the DFP but could never do as well on it. On slower cars like xfg, and xrg i handle it much faster with mouse.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I drove xfg at bl1 with mouse for several years. Always doing laptimes close to WR. Heck, i had the WR for a while. Then i got the DFP but could never do as well on it. On slower cars like xfg, and xrg i handle it much faster with mouse.

I agree, I was a good 10% faster when I used keyboard/mouse, but now that I have a G25, I have 100% more fun, which is what the game is all about
I've got a g25, but I use mouse + pedals. (Use the wheel for ps3 and other games though)
For the simple reason that my table is too wobbly, the wheel is too noisy, takes up too much place and because I'm used to steering with mouse.

In slow cars I am as fast with wheel as I am with mouse. Faster cars I prefer mouse because i can react quicker.

Imo mouse isn't more precise than wheel, it's just faster (lock-to-lock).
So you can react to oversteer/understeer a bit quicker maybe.
It kinda compensates for the lack of FFB
You can achieve the same by setting the degrees on ur wheel very low though.

And lol @ the endurance argument:I couldnt do longer than 2hour stints back when I didnt have my pedals yet. You try to hold your mouse for that long, without releasing it even for half a second (except when your doing a pitstop) and for more than 90% of that time, holding or tapping your left mouse button.

It kills your wrist and fingers, trust me
Er ... mouse steering can be fast. With 400d wheel control I can hardly catch a spin driving a BF1 but with mouse it's different. http://.../v.swf

Try mouse + pedals if you wanna be fast ? Maybe true to some people. However, wheel is still faster to me though I spend most of my LFS time using mouse.
Fastwalker:
You were doing something wrong with your setup.
Throttle, brake, clutch (if used) are better off being on the keyboard.

This way the mouse is only used for steering and gears up / down.
This reduces the tapping and thus stress in the wrist / fingers. It also increase steering precision because you dissociate steering from the rest.
It still is uncomfortable but more bearable, I switched to this method after some time mousing and while it took time to relearn, it was quickly rewarding.

I now use exclusively G25, even if that reduced my racing time quite a lot (space, noise, setup time as I have to store the lot after use). Could not race with mouse anymore, although I would probably still be faster with low power cars.

Quality over quantity
Quote from Keling :

Try mouse + pedals if you wanna be fast ? Maybe true to some people. However, wheel is still faster to me though I spend most of my LFS time using mouse.

My head would explode if I tried to use a mouse and pedals at the same time.
Not all mouse users are super-quick, especially with all the all power cars. No matter how hard i try, im still like 2s off the WR pace due to the inabiliity to smoothly apply the throttle and the brakes
well believe it or not but i think i gained some extra speed when i got a dfp, in otherwords, i was slower on mouse than now with wheel
edit* it's not the mouse, it's always the person behind the mouse.
Mouse users don't have it easier at all - remember with a mouse the braking and accelerating is digital, not analogue as with pedals. Wheelspin and Wheel/Brake locking and subsequent high tyre wear is something mouse users such as myself suffer from much more than wheel users.
+1 for eradicating the mouse users off the face of the planet :bluegrab:

:biggun:
Most drivers in racing servers I visit use mouse, and they say it is because "they can win with their right hands". Well, using KB, you might win with only your finger tips.

But, in fact, is this a discussion about fast drivers that use mouse, or about if Mouse Control should be removed or not from LFS? It is ACTUALLY becoming the second option, by all of the pages I read.
That is ONE thing between many others I gave up LFS long months ago.

Mouse, cruise, drift, keyboard, ESC to pit, infinite restarts... does it fell like Live or Need for Speed?

Wanna sim? Go iracing. Bye.
Just because LFS is very versatile you think it feels like NFS?
That's bs. My wheel is broken and at the moment i dont have money to buy another, so im mousing. It's not bad. And by seeing that there is cruising and drifting show this is a very open game, due to the physics. So thats actually a good thing.
Quote from Calvinaquino :Just because LFS is very versatile you think it feels like NFS?

Just ignore him, it's apparently his time of the year again.
No LFS doesnt feel like NFS, it is just taking the NFS format.
This discussion, about mouse or not, is old, and we had some similar in LFSBR 3 years ago.
My opinion in that age (when I was a LFS fan) was the same that now: mouse is bs and should be banned from the game. That is not simulation, there is no car (not cars in the level LFS intend to simulate) driven by mouse...
I totally agree with the author of this thread: mouse is too easy to control for those who give a time to train it. Once they reach a condition they have many advantages over wheel racers, starting with less fatigue and fast countersteering.

Try to visualize a lan house with 10 players "driving" LFS, 5 with cockpits, with G25 and triplehead, and 5 with laptops, with touchpad... fantastic. That is what happens in the internet, and that is so ridiculous.
Quote from Speed Soro :Try to visualize a lan house with 10 players "driving" LFS, 5 with cockpits, with G25 and triplehead, and 5 with laptops, with touchpad... fantastic. That is what happens in the internet, and that is so ridiculous.

touchpad is impossible
maybe i have wrote wrong, doesnt matter, but with mouse, trackball, joystick, how realistic is it?
Not realistic at all.

So you stopped liking LFS because other people can rob themselves of a realistic experience? Or were you just unable to deal with getting beaten by those lowly, unworthy, unrealistic-controller users?

The only advantage they have is that of quick steering. The advantage a wheel user has is that of a vastly more realistic and fun driving experience. Of course, if all you're on about is winning and you expected to win because you spent money on equipment, then you're going to be disappointed.
I assume you want those who are too young or old to drive in real life stopped from playing as well? What about those with medical conditions necessitating the mouse, they'd never be allowed to drive in real life, same with anyone with diabetes, poor eyesight or colour blindness, should they all be banned as well?
what's the fuzz ladies...been beaten by a mousedriver lately?

Lets think those who cant drive with wheels, lets think those who are blind too? And retarded, and...

Forget, this forum, as always, is fully of fanboys of everything, saying that everything in LFS is great, has a reason to be as it is and etc.

Android, no I dont give up LFS just because mouse drivers, that was ONE reason between many others, many, many others.
So in a motorcycle sim (like GP Bikes) who can afford, drive with a 360 controller. That means it's not a sim? or realistic? BAN THE CONTROLLER USERS! i would like to see a small and realistic bike controller.

LFS is not perfect. Crash physics, the tire physics. and some other things.
Well i guess if you're looking for the perfect simulator, well why don't just buy a car and go drive somewhere? there aren't mouse drivers there. Some people drive with mouse not because they like, but because the can't afford/use a wheel at that time. You can bet that soon enough ill buy my DFP, and yes i'd rather drive LFS with a wheel than with a mouse...
Whell, why don't you create your own sim racing game and do better? Ban the mouse users!
Hell why do i even bother, you're just another annoying person.

Mouse For Speed
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG