The online racing simulator
Quote from FaFaDOD :well .. sad to hear that you did an awesome work thank you for all those sounds .. i didnt tried most of your engine sound myself caus i dont have the s2 but i heard most of those and thanks for all your contribution and patience to the lfs player but .. i hope you'll come back one day with some other awesome sound ^.^

Oh, I will continue with sounds now and again and upload them. It just depends on when I feel motivated enough to try and improve them more. I am never ever 100% satisfied with what I do. I always knit-pick at things and know that they could be far better. It's just having the time and the patience. I don't have much of either unfortunately!

If I am honest, I think that the soundpack I have done is pretty rubbish. I should re-do it all again. I just don't really want to spend the time doing it right now, that is all.
mkay then pheww i thought you was leaving us well glad to hear that finaly you know take your time a break wont hurt you

now caus i'v been kind with you, you gonna buy me a s2 license ?
Hey Gills,

Awesome sounds m8. Keep up the good work when your ready for it. Stop talking on request`s. Just release what you think is good. These request`s will wear you out m8.

Cheer up m8, talk a long hard break from sound making.
Quote from FaFaDOD :mkay then pheww i thought you was leaving us well glad to hear that finaly you know take your time a break wont hurt you

now caus i'v been kind with you, you gonna buy me a s2 license ?

Hahahaaaa nice try!
Skyline
@ Juissiiii
Quote from Gills4life :I don't think I am going to do public requests anymore. blah blah blah etc etc.

Check previous posts.
Ok
any chance you could please make an aston martin DBS sound for the FZ5 please? much appreciated, thanks
love all the other work
Quote from Gills4life :Quit making me feel guilty!

now I will never see and hear my favourite sound, the reworked GillsMini sound for UFR (from November/December 2008)!
Sticky this thread please! Would be a pity to see it dying.
Quote from C4R K1NG :any chance you could please make an aston martin DBS sound for the FZ5 please? much appreciated, thanks
love all the other work

Reading is a difficult task isnt it ?

The post just below yours says :

Quote :@ Juissiiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills4life
I don't think I am going to do public requests anymore. blah blah blah etc etc.

Check previous posts.

And just below that it says :

Quote :I don't think I am going to do public requests anymore.... blah blah blah

Common guys read before you post . Isnt that hard he tried of it. he isnt gonna do anymore public request. Maybe another sound guru steps up, if not just wait for Gills to return and see a new Sound pack. If he decides to stop with sound editing, well thanks for the time you did put in to it and release these awesome sounds.
just a quick question
Quote from Gills4life :Ok, new BOV recorded from a supra. Just the wav like you asked for.

gills how do i save these rar files?
Gills, Any chance you could make me a farting sound, so that when my wife talks it automatically kicks in?

Common you lazy sod we want sounds and we want them now, we want them always and we want them good!
Quote from AlienT. :Gills, Any chance you could make me a farting sound, so that when my wife talks it automatically kicks in?

Common you lazy sod we want sounds and we want them now, we want them always and we want them good!

Ah shut up a your face!

I don't have a wheel right now, not going to be racing until I get my replacement. Won't even be on LFS until then so any chance of sounds is unlikely at the moment. Everytime I start making a new sound I get halfway through and then just sigh and close it. I have pretty much exhausted the LFS sound editor. Would love something new and different. Just allowing longer recorded samples would be a dream.
Quote from Gills4life :Ah shut up a your face!

I don't have a wheel right now, not going to be racing until I get my replacement. Won't even be on LFS until then so any chance of sounds is unlikely at the moment. Everytime I start making a new sound I get halfway through and then just sigh and close it. I have pretty much exhausted the LFS sound editor. Would love something new and different. Just allowing longer recorded samples would be a dream.

Goodness me you can't half blether nonsense, next thing you'll be telling us your Scottish :P

Whats up with your wheel mate? I'll buy you a new one? you on paypal? ya twithermonger.

One day I'll stop drinking , until then tough shitey boobboo
Quote from AlienT. :Goodness me you can't half blether nonsense, next thing you'll be telling us your Scottish :P

Whats up with your wheel mate? I'll buy you a new one? you on paypal? ya twithermonger.

One day I'll stop drinking , until then tough shitey boobboo

Don't start that again!

No need to buy me a new wheel. The wheel that I sent back was fine but had a few minor problems that have been addressed since when I bought the wheel because I bought it when it had only just been released as retail. They told me to send it back and they would give me a new one. Nothing wrong with that!
The Australian GP inspired me to get to work on a new BF1 sound. Would be nice if y'all could give it a go and give me some feedback!
Attached files
BF1_Gills.eng - 159.9 KB - 464 views
damn gills real nice sound, im not a bf1 ddriver but i thought ide give ya some feedback, real nice mate
Lovely! Perfect! Superb!
Love it!

Gills, I know you dont take public requests anymore, but I would just love to have the Martin DBS FZ5 sound, as someone requested it before. I promise not to ask anything else
Could you lot tell me if this BF1 sound is better or worse than the previous one. If you could do that, that would be great!

E: I think I prefer the other one, just testing with this one to see what others think.
Attached files
BF1_Gills2.eng - 159.9 KB - 404 views
Hmm, both don't seem screamy enough, i prefer your V8 one, even though i don't use it when driving only on replays Good effort to make a useable one though
Could you give this one a go then mate?

It's difficult trying to balance between loudness/realism and usability!
Attached files
BF1_Gills1.eng - 159.9 KB - 344 views

Gills' Sound Workshop
(1523 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG