The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
LFS Beginner's Cup Season 2 Signups Open [FULL-TIME PLACES FILLED]
Yes – its back!

As I’m not going to be here for the 500 (parents again!), I’ve decided to get this going, and leave Deko and Joe in charge of the 500.

The first race isn’t actually that far away, and so sign-ups are starting now. This is quite a long post – so bear with me – there’s lots of important information.

Entry Requirements
You have to have attained 2 of the following prior to signing up:

75 CTRA License points (excluding Bump & Jump)
50 CTRA (tin top) or CTRA SS License points
CTRA Yellow Roof License
1200 online miles
An LFSW uploaded hotlap within 103% (benchmark) of the WR on any combo (please give the combo when applying)

And all of the following:

Friendly attitude
Respect for other races, admins and the rules
You consider yourself a ‘beginner’

Calendar (Saturdays, starting at 8.00pm BST)
Pre-Season get-together - 26/7/08 - various
Round 1 - 2/8/08 - BL1 - XFG/XRG – 16 laps
Round 2 - 16/8/08 - FE1 - UF1 – 30 laps
Round 3 - 30/8/08 - KY2 - TBO – 12 laps
Round 4 - 13/9/08 - AS3 – FOX – 2 x 7laps (half points for each)
Round 5 - 27/9/08 - AS1 - Baby FBM (45%) - 32 laps
Round 6 - 11/10/08 - BL2R – XFG – 20 laps
Round 7 - 25/10/08 - AS4 – GT2 (enduro) – 20 laps w/pit stop

So, you really do want to sign up?

If you competed last season – and scored 1 point or more (You will be the ‘experienced’ class)
Simply post in here something like ‘I’m in’, with the following information (copy n paste please)
Numbers of entry requirements that you have attained (e.g. 1 is 75 CTRA points):
Your number (see below to find it)
EXPERIENCED CLASS (just put this at the bottom of your entry, and delete these brackets – this is solely for admin purposes)

Your number will be the position you finished in last season – to find this, clicky here.

If you did not compete last season, or scored no points (‘Rookie’ Class)
Again, copy and paste this please:
Numbers of Entry Requirements that you have attained. (see above):
Number (this MUST be above 27 – and up to 3 digits long):
ROOKIE CLASS (just put this at the bottom of your entry, and delete these brackets – this is solely for admin purposes)

BTW, I WILL be checking to make sure that you actually have attained these requirements.

Hope to see as many sign-ups as possible. If you can’t make some of the rounds – it doesn’t matter – just make the ones you can and have lots of fun.

Some words from last season’s competitors:
‘The LFSBC teaches you that, no matter how slow you think you are, there are always people of your ability to battle against. Racing against, and sometimes beating people who you thought were so much faster than you really feels good.’

‘LFSBC was the first league I'd entered, even though I'd been on S2 for over a year. I didn't really have enough confidence in my own abilities to enter one of the major leagues. So, I signed up, hoping to at least keep up with the backmarkers. After a couple of races though, I found that I could compete on the same level as lots of the other racers. After the series I'd found that there are other racers at the same level as me. Being able to beat others who I thought would be far better than me, was amazing. It's a real confidence booster, and is a great intro to LFS League Racing - I'll certainly be competing again.’

'LFSBC is pretty much the perfect introduction to league racing. The organisers saw something missing in the league scene - something that caters for the new players in LFS. If you're new to LFS and/or new to league racing, then the LFSBC will serve you well for you're first league experience.'

'I think that what I learned the most in LFSBC is the basic rules of racing and sim racing mostly. I liked the great racing it provided with people of my level. It's a great way to get into the LFS league racing world and will teach you how to avoid crashes and how not to make some useless mistakes so that once you get into higher level leagues you don't completly make a fool of yourself. It's really a great introduction to the LFS league racing world and was very helpfull for me. It's also a very friendly league were you make lots of friends and people help eachother a lot to get faster. Now, off course, in the end it's all about the fastest and it's very competitive at times. If you're not fast enough to get first, then aim for a level which you think is good. And that's why I think LFSBC is a great league. You get a level of racing which is almost the same as yours and instead of focusing on being the fastest you focus on giving a good race and not letting other win easily if you can't.'

List of drivers accepted into the Cup:

Entries in red are those who joined after Round 1

Entries in white are those who have pulled out

Number Driver Name Username Class
7 Rob Fenlon dougie-lampkin E
9 Jack Atkinson [EMAIL="J@tko"]J@tko[/EMAIL] E
21 Stefan Alfons Stefani24 E
22 Tommy Eklund TG44 E
28 Tom McKirdy TomMK R
33 Yann Laprevotte GreyBull [CHA] R
42 Tim Beaudet blackbird04217 R
46 Dan Zanetti D. Zanetti R
48 Greg Thilesen greg_slideways R
[B][COLOR=red]50 Scott Moore scotty2888 R[/COLOR][/B]
52 Jake Lennan LazLoW R
63 David Perry theo3000 R
68 Ally Sinclair thesloth R
69 Michael Bingham Mike Bingo R
[COLOR=red][B]72 Calvin Gonçalves de Aquino Calvinaquino R[/B][/COLOR]
77 Travis D'Souza travyd R
84 Steven Bull KingMonkey R
86 Darryn Lobb dizzydarryn R
[B][COLOR=red]87 Giovanni Di Cello IlGuercio R[/COLOR][/B]
88 Chris Ford CSF R
96 Petr Jelinek Petr CGY R
102 Pawel Iskra Paxo R
116 Ryan Nerby Kanzai R
177 David Novak Hypothraxer R
141 Michael Friis Klenke Oaker R
222 Chris Karsten Chrisuu01 R
333 James Wishart faster111 R
666 Nikolai Ott NikLaw R
47 Joe Keaveney Joe_Keaveney R
35 James Welburn gizmo2k5 R

Reserve List

Reserve drivers should come along to races, because there is a strong chance that several other drivers may not be able to make it. The sooner you sign up, the greater chance you have of participarting in the races

Priority Number Driver Name Username Class

1 111 Tj Oliver TJLRacing R
2 616 Tim Russell Timdpr R
3 82 Fastwalker Fastwalker R
4 43 Michael Booth boothy R
5 888 Aaron Shearer wild R
6 53 Jörgen Kursk Fuse5 R

If you have any questions, or are unsure about anything, PM me or post here Thumbs up

To see what fun we had in Season 1, Click here or here!
YAY! BC is back!!!

Numbers of entry requirements that you have attained: 3 (BnJ Blue Roof) & 4 (13121 miles) & also all of the second group of reqs.

Your number: 7

EXPERIENCED CLASS
#3 - J@tko
Damn - I knew I'd worded it wrong

When I say 'Numbers of entry requirements that you have attained', I mean give the names (well, numbers) of the requirements that you have got, e.g. Rob would have given:

Numbers of entry requirements that you have attained: 3 and 4 (BnJ Blue Roof, 13121 miles).
Can I sign-up for only 1, 2 or 3 races, or is it mandatory to sign-up for the major part of the season?
#5 - J@tko
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Can I sign-up for only 1, 2 or 3 races, or is it mandatory to sign-up for the major part of the season?

Just come whenever you can - It doesn't matter if you can't make some of the rounds - just sign up anyway

BTW, si tu veux quelquechose en francais - puis demander a moi
Quote from J@tko :

Some words from last season’s competitors:
‘The LFSBC teaches you that, no matter how slow you think you are, there are always people of your ability to battle against. Racing against, and sometimes beating people who you thought were so much faster than you really feels good.’

‘LFSBC was the first league I'd entered, even though I'd been on S2 for over a year. I didn't really have enough confidence in my own abilities to enter one of the major leagues. So, I signed up, hoping to at least keep up with the backmarkers. After a couple of races though, I found that I could compete on the same level as lots of the other racers. After the series I'd found that there are other racers at the same level as me. Being able to beat others who I thought would be far better than me, was amazing. It's a real confidence booster, and is a great intro to LFS League Racing - I'll certainly be competing again.’

I'd be impressed if the above isn't 100% made up BS to boost the LFSBC's Image

Btw, we need a 'FAIL CLASS' for people such as dougie and myself :P
#7 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :I'd be impressed if the above isn't 100% made up BS to boost the LFSBC's Image

Prepare to be impressed then

Everything above (well, apart from one of them, which I had to re-write ) is completely from competitors last season.

I've added another two aswell.

Quote from JO53PHS : Btw, we need a 'FAIL CLASS' for people such as dougie and myself :P

Quote from signups :2 people

We've only had two so far, and one of them's me

I do hope people are waiting to fulfill the entry requirements

Otherwise im going to be very

But there's just over a month left - so no rush
I´m in!

Numbers of Entry Requirements that you have attained. (see above): 3, Hotlap (Combo So Classic/Fox 102.99 % ), CTRA SS License 65 pts, over 1200 online miles
Number (this MUST be above 27 – and up to 3 digits long): 666
ROOKIE CLASS
#9 - J@tko
Quote from J@tko : If you did not compete last season, or scored no points (‘Rookie’ Class)
Again, copy and paste this please:
Numbers of Entry Requirements that you have attained. (see above):
Number (this MUST be above 27 – and up to 3 digits long):
ROOKIE CLASS (just put this at the bottom of your entry, and delete these brackets – this is solely for admin purposes)

^

But welcome - provide the above info and you'll be accepted
For the rookie class, does 100 SS points satisfy both the 1st and 2nd criteria? In other words, If I've done nothing but score 100 SS points, can I join?

Thanks
Quote from theo3000 :For the rookie class, does 100 SS points satisfy both the 1st and 2nd criteria? In other words, If I've done nothing but score 100 SS points, can I join?

Thanks

Yup

You also have over 1200 miles BTW
Quote from JO53PHS :I'd be impressed if the above isn't 100% made up BS to boost the LFSBC's Image

Lol, it's not made up. One of them is word for word what I said :P.

Am I allowed to join or what? I sent a PM to miss El Jacko with no answer. :P
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yup

You also have over 1200 miles BTW

Great!

I just checked, and I actually have 74 SS points, so I'll be signing up soon.

One other question, does anyone know what 8.00pm BST works out to in Pacific Standard time (GMT - 8:00)?

Thanks
11am i think

Sent PM J@tko
Hey Jack, can I help marshal the thing?
Quote from evilpimp :Lol, it's not made up. Once of them is word for word what I said :P.

Am I allowed to join or what? I sent a PM to miss El Jacko with no answer. :P

I thought I replied

Maybe not lol.

The answer is, tbh, no, but you're welcome to race at some of the events if you want.

BTW - acted on your suggestion - thanks

Quote from Dalek0220 :Hey Jack, can I help marshal the thing?

Yep - or you can compete if you want
Quote from evilpimp :Lol, it's not made up. Once of them is word for word what I said :P.

+1.

So you see Joseph, Jack isn't a complete tosser

EDIT: Being an admin rocks!!!!! lol!
Right, jack I think I remember you replied on a server :P

Well, I guess I'll just be spying on you people, if you need my help let me know I'd be glad to help. If you want me to join a specific race just let me know.
Quote from evilpimp :Right, jack I think I remember you replied on a server :P

Well, I guess I'll just be spying on you people, if you need my help let me know I'd be glad to help. If you want me to join a specific race just let me know.

What I've asked Hyntty (and Taylor and anyone else in the top few from last season if they're reading this) is to pick a couple of races from the calendar, and to come along and compete with us

You'd be very welcome.
Thanks. I'm pretty interusted in Round 1 and last round. I get to race the combo of my first ever league race :P. And I love GT2. Plus I get to see how many people improved and who are actually dedicated racers.

We'll see
Gdgd. We might give you a bit of ballast to make it fairer
Lol, it would be fair even without ballast imo. :P

Tbh, I can't even get my pb in XRG @ BL1 anymore lol. Maybe with some practice but for now really cant :P
wait sorry for off-topic but why is this called "Begginers cup" if there are requirements to proove that you can race and win races? (ctra license) ?
To prove that you're not a total noob, I presume. I mean, I was allowed last year :rolleyes:

But, another requirement is that you consider yourself a beginner
Quote from DevilDare :wait sorry for off-topic but why is this called "Begginers cup" if there are requirements to proove that you can race and win races? (ctra license) ?

The requirements are pretty low. It's not to prove that you can win races. It's to prove that you know how to race at least to a minimum and the requirements are so low that anyone can get them really. LFS Beginer's Cup looks for beginners but clean beginners who can at least race a little.

Those requirements are practicly nothing... Who hasn't got 1200 miles or 75 points in CTRA. 75 points in CTRA can be obtained in less then an hour... Heck, the other one's 50 points... Those requirements are really nothing...

Anyone who's dedicated and willing to get into the league to learn will easily get those points or miles.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG