The online racing simulator
Birdman of Alcatraz. Nowhere near as good as it sounds but a nice watch nevertheless.
Reprise.

Great movie about being young and a writer and insane and in love.
Blow Out.
The Offence (this isn't an easy film to watch).
Funny Games

Just don't watch the remake, it's not even close...
I thought the remake was quite interesting as an exercise, though I do prefer the original.
Watched Shutter Island tonight. Was good and enjoyable, Thankfully less scary than expected. This pshycological stuff is the thing that usually gets me!

The credit music is beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXHGoaEtmFM

worth a watch
Diva

Wow.. If you are someone who likes real movies (e.g have a brain and like stuff other than stuff starring Pitt or directed by Spielberg) then you should watch this. Very highly recommended. And I don't say this often.
Quote from rich uk :Watched Shutter Island tonight. Was good and enjoyable, Thankfully less scary than expected. This pshycological stuff is the thing that usually gets me!

The credit music is beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXHGoaEtmFM

worth a watch

The music was great (fairly large list of wonderful 20th C composers providing music here) but I'm not so sure about the movie itself. Nothing sat right for atleast 3/4 of the movie (explained away of course by the tepid ending revelation)- because of this I pretty much disengaged from the whole story after the first half hour and found myself focused almost entirely on DeCaprio's bizarre facial contortions, a slightly different pained expression in almost every shot. This didn't help the drama at all and was actually pretty funny to boot. I don't think comedy was the intention here so I rate the film a fail. Cinematography was great, music was great (although strangely placed in a couple of scenes), DeCaprio's face was great... I like the water/fire theme- the rest of it, not so good.
Quote from Electrik Kar :The music was great (fairly large list of wonderful 20th C composers providing music here) but I'm not so sure about the movie itself. Nothing sat right for atleast 3/4 of the movie (explained away of course by the tepid ending revelation)- because of this I pretty much disengaged from the whole story after the first half hour and found myself focused almost entirely on DeCaprio's bizarre facial contortions, a slightly different pained expression in almost every shot. This didn't help the drama at all and was actually pretty funny to boot. I don't think comedy was the intention here so I rate the film a fail. Cinematography was great, music was great (although strangely placed in a couple of scenes), DeCaprio's face was great... I like the water/fire theme- the rest of it, not so good.

Yea, just watched it, not sure about the ending, as someone said on IMDB, it was kinda of a 'easy way out'.. i don't like this kind of endings, they almost never work, "The Others" beeing an exception..
Yeah the ending left a sour taste in my mouth too, but as a whole is was ok. The funniest bit for me was the massive musical build up just to show a gate. was near the beggining, was hilarious
For some reason when i think back on shutter island I imagine Mark Whalberg instead of di Caprio. I think Mark would have done a much better job!
Watched "Moon" I don't know, cool idea i guess, but too many implausibilities, and the script is kinda wierd in places.. great acting by Sam Rockwell though..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Watched "Moon" I don't know, cool idea i guess, but too many implausibilities, and the script is kinda wierd in places.. great acting by Sam Rockwell though..

I really liked Moon. Very different film

Do NOT go and see Paranormal Actity or Meh Activity as it should be know. What a pointless dull film with no merit at all. I almost fell asleep.
Quote from Woz :I really liked Moon. Very different film

Yeah, as i said, very good idea, and very well filmed.. but the script kinda lacked in too many places for my taste, like when he (both of them) found out that they were clones.. you would expect for them to freak out more.. like every person would totally freak out if they found out abou it.. but one of them reacted like, whatever.. to that new information in their lives.. it should've been more dramatic. And gready corporation cloning people, as that is somehow cheaper then having real humans doing 3 year shifts... give me a break..

As for Paranormal Activity, it is kinda freaky IF you believe that it's made out of true story... but it's kinda not that scary.
The White Ribbon.

Just watch it.
Quote from JJ72 :The White Ribbon.

Just watch it.

Yeah, fantastic. Like all of Haneke's stuff.
das boot.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG