The online racing simulator
How to do insim with C#
(27 posts, started )
How to do insim with C#
Hi, as the tilte says, how do you make the insim?
I have downloaded a tutrial but have no idea what im doing
I also have C# which i also have no idea what im doing
and i havent got a clue what people are on about like "form1" or exe
I might sound stpid but im only 16 and dont have any computer experiance, so i was wondering if u could help me with insim and how to use it on C#?

If you reply positively i thank you very much
#2 - wien
Not to sound harsh, but if you have little computer experience programming an insim application will likely be waaay over your head.

Best thing you can do is probably to set the whole insim thing off to the side for the time being and instead look up a few beginner tutorials on C# programming. Focus on the basics of programming before you jump off the deep end with an insim application.
Yes, you'll need to learn some programming first of all, before you can write an InSim program. You don't need to become an expert, but if you spend time learning about the basics of how programming works, then the whole thing should make a lot more sense to you.

For Visual C# a good place to start is Microsoft's Learn C# homepage.

You need to walk before you can run.
ok thnx guys.
i had a lokk at the tutrial and it seems hard
i was wondering does anyone have a base i could start with and then continue on with it please
Quote from 91mason91 :i was wondering does anyone have a base i could start with and then continue on with it please

There are several, but trust us. You will fail to understand things properly for a while, and this may result in getting some irritated responses if you start asking for very basic things. We are not here to teach you how to program - there are other people, websites and resources who are better suited to that task.

With that in mind I point you towards LFS External, which is a .NET library that does all of the networking related stuff for InSim, and lets you just write your program.

If you don't want to use LFS External, and want to write the entire application from scratch, including all the networking stuff (which I seriously do not recommend if you're new to programming), then take a look at DarkTimes' post in Guide: My first InSim Application.
#8 - vane
Quote from 91mason91 :but im only 16

arey you trying to say 16 year olds can't operate computers? lol its an Owen's Cruise Server member
Learn Visual Basic first. It's simple to learn and very simillar to C# . Also Evo if a 9 year old can make a fairly good InSim app a 16 year old can.
lmao thnx guys that LFS external was useful.
im still learing but i managed to put !send (amount) (username) and
!tow.
Im still getting to grips with it and will continue to learn.
thnx huys for all ur help
Quote from 91mason91 :m still learing but i managed to put !send (amount) (username) and
!tow

Wow, better than SOME people around here! (No names mentioned, just very heavily implied )

One word of warning (advice really) though - try not to depend on other people for learning help. As TAA said, the internet is much more qualified to teach you than the LFS community

A site I find particularly helpful is this. It explains everything simply, has help listed for all of the .NET controls, and has lots of examples
When I'm writing a C# program my bible starts here, everything you could never need for .NET development and more.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229335.aspx

Of course the best aid when working with C# is the fantastic Visual Studio intellisense. It's one of the things I really miss when working with other languages.
Quote from DarkTimes :Of course the best aid when working with C# is the fantastic Visual Studio intellisense. It's one of the things I really miss when working with other languages.

Indeed, RAD is very handy and saves a lot of time.
Quote from 91mason91 :
im still learing but i managed to put !send (amount) (username) and
!tow.

Oh no, please no, let it not be true... not MORE insim cruise server systems?

/me quitely whimpers in the corner
Quote from Bob Smith :Oh no, please no, let it not be true... not MORE insim cruise server systems?

/me quitely whimpers in the corner

what insim needs is a way to spawn ais at specific locations with certain preset behaviours (im mostly thinking of wrecking human players here) and a way to track their damage and we can all have same proper good fun coding insim plugins
what insim NEEDS is the ability to shoot a user in the face whenever they think of uttering the words "I want an insim to do cruise server!".
The phrase "I want an insim" alone is bad enough.
Quote from AndroidXP :The phrase "I want an insim" alone is bad enough.

And it needs to be shouted in a demanding, child like voice.
#20 - sun
I already told him to 'Look at tutorials' or 'look at books'. but guess what ?

He Never listened. He just went on Extreme and he even asked me to send my InSim to him but i refused and told him to read tutorials

Quote from vane :arey you trying to say 16 year olds can't operate computers? lol its an Owen's Cruise Server member

lol, its not any more my meber idiot
#21 - wien
Quote from sun :...

Is it possible to have an aneurysm from excessive irony? Because I think I just had one.
Just for reference, an aneurysm is unlikely to be what you meant, considering an aneurysm is a defect or weakness, rather than an occuring event... they do, however, often result in stroke. The joys of having a trainee doctor for a girlfriend.
Quote from JamesF1 :Just for reference, an aneurysm is unlikely to be what you meant, considering an aneurysm is a defect or weakness, rather than an occuring event... they do, however, often result in stroke. The joys of having a trainee doctor for a girlfriend.

Actually, it's both and it most often results in, well, death. Oh the joys of being an EMT.
#24 - wien
Ouch. Doctr0wnd.
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by Bob Smith : can do without that, thanks
sun is a lier
well my freind u are just as bad your insim would be nothing without me adding all the buttons and stuff u were asking me to send my stuff to you so dont go on at him when u do the same

How to do insim with C#
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG