The online racing simulator
Why nothing happen when I shift+backspaced ?
Do I have to "Shift + Backspace" at other place not when racing?
Quote from Jack555 :Why nothing happen when I shift+backspaced ?
Do I have to "Shift + Backspace" at other place not when racing?

it happens to me sometimes

but if you make alt+tab to return to windows and you return to the game the bloom effect appears
Is that the old bloom version you are using. It looks like it has that Vaseline effect on the camera.
Bramski none of your downloads are working for me :/
I mean as in the don't actually download
EDIT: it was just my firefox down loader messing up :P
Is it me or do all the "orgasm pics" just look blurred to hell?
it's nice, but it lowers my low fps. From 25 to 13

*want's new PC*
Quote from Jakg :Is it me or do all the "orgasm pics" just look blurred to hell?

Aren't things supposed to look a little dreamy after one though?
Thanks Gnomie and Ekar for posting your setting's, it helped me tweak my own a bit more. I've attached what look's best on my PC setting's wise.

However; I've realised that if you just fiddle with the brightness of the skies in LFS, you can get it looking as good as with the bloom effect, without the horrible fuzziness / haze.

I used the exposure setting in photoshop to significantly over-expose the skies, and I think the result looks more realistic. I believe IRL the sky is much brighter than anything else, even on an overcast day. In LFS, the skies are barely brighter than anything else by default.

Another thing which I believe would make LFS look better, would be if the areas in shade were darker, and areas in sunlight were brighter. Is there any way to manually edit the lighting like this?
Attached images
BL Bloom.JPG
Over exposed sky.JPG
Attached files
enbseries.zip - 901 B - 453 views
Anyone else noticing the relation of Vasoline, orgasms, and a few other descriptions in this topic?

I'm using this still.. works great.

Quote :[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d8.dll
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=1
AlternativeDepth=1
AllowAntialias=1
BugFixMode=0
SkipShaderOptimization=0
QuadVertexBuffer=0
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=0
EnableReflection=0
EnableMotionBlur=0
EnableWater=0
EnableShadow=0
DepthBias=1
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=08
KeyBloom=30
KeyOcclusion=09
KeyReflection=40
KeyCombination=16
KeyShadow=119
KeyWater=20
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=12
ChromePower=10
UseCurrentFrameReflection=0
ReflectionQuality=2
ReflectionSourceSpecular=50
ReflectionSourceTFactor=50
UseAdditiveReflection=0
ReflectionDepthBias=0
UseLowResReflection=0
ReflectionSinglePass=1
UseEnvBump=1
EnvBumpAmount=100
EnvBumpOffset=100
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=10
BloomFadeTime=150
BloomConstantDay=1
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=30
BloomCurveDay=5
BloomPowerNight=3
BloomConstantNight=1
BloomCurveNight=5
BloomScreenLevelNight=22
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=50
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=1
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
[SSAO]
UseFilter=1
OcclusionQuality=0
FilterQuality=0
DarkeningLevel=100
BrighteningLevel=5
IlluminationLevel=5
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=5
UseAmbientOcclusion=1
UseIndirectLightning=1
FadeDistance=50
[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=10
ScreenLevelDay=40
ScreenLevelNight=20
DarkeningAmountNight=15
GammaCurveDay=2
GammaCurveNight=3
ColorSaturationDay=0
ColorSaturationNight=1
UsePaletteTexture=1
[PLUGIN]
WeatherMod=1
[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=0
WaterDeepness=20
WaterQuality=2
[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=40
ShadowFadeEnd=80
ShadowAmountDay=60
ShadowAmountNight=30
ShadowScreenLevelDay=60
ShadowScreenLevelNight=20
ShadowQuality=2
UseShadowFilter=0
FilterQuality=2
ShadowBlurRange=30
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=0
MotionBlurVelocity=10
MotionBlurRotation=10

Haha.. I recall people would often say some mods made LFS look like NFS underground.

Would these people have ever thought it would get his far...
Hmmmmh, I'm not seeing any big ten-foot spoilers or bodykits as wide as a MAC Truck...
Except the GTR cars.
Thought I'd post some screenies of how LFS looks with higher exposed skies (I gave the skies more "exposure" in photoshop), and a few hi-res bits. Another thing which I feel improves the look of LFS, is darker cockpits, which I've also edited in photoshop (the .dds files). Attached are unedited screens.

P.S. I'm sure if I got Ekar's textures they'd look even better.

Edit: Added a copy (almost) of screenie1 but with some in game bloom effect. I don't like driving with it though, as you seem to lose some definition, even if you turn the actual bloom effect off in the ini file.
Attached images
Screenie1.jpg
Screenie2.jpg
Screenie3.jpg
Bloom.jpg
Quote from DaveWS :Thought I'd post some screenies of how LFS looks with higher exposed skies (I gave the skies more "exposure" in photoshop), and a few hi-res bits. Another thing which I feel improves the look of LFS, is darker cockpits, which I've also edited in photoshop (the .dds files). Attached are unedited screens.

P.S. I'm sure if I got Ekar's textures they'd look even better.

Now that I see how LFS looks without the bloom, makes me think of a nuclear winter for some reason.
#296 - hda
anyone got this working with Y18? I start the game normally and the first screen shows up as it should, even with the bloom efect and then after 1 second or something the game crashes.

Y18, vista x64, aa+af enabled in game, 174.74 drivers, tried both the dx8 and dx9 versions
i get the same thing every file i try it wont work and i hav vista and patch y so idk can someone help me
I don't want to sound like a noob, but how do you activate the file? :P I tried the shift+backspace, but that did nothing.

I restarted the program too and this came up in the corner, so I guess it's working.
Link
Quote from stikshift :I don't want to sound like a noob, but how do you activate the file? :P I tried the shift+backspace, but that did nothing.

I restarted the program too and this came up in the corner, so I guess it's working.
Link

Yes, it should work if you get that message. It is automatically activated when you launch LFS. Are you saying you don't notice anything happening when you press shift+backspace?
Quote from Gekkibi :Yes, it should work if you get that message. It is automatically activated when you launch LFS. Are you saying you don't notice anything happening when you press shift+backspace?

Yeah, nothing happens

Bloom lighting addon for LFS
(615 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG