The online racing simulator
Nice tweak even is a little bit adjustement is needed.
By the way, did you noticed that in the replay the bloom effect isn't aviable? Or is it juste me?
Finaly, for the motion blur you can try the kegety's mod but it don't work realy well.
8800GTX, AA on, black screen

...on both versions
Very very nice addition, it looks so damn great when not overdone ! A huge thank you for sharing this with us !
waaaaaa~~~
cool!! my fps from 80 to 40..........
Quote from Bramski :
I also noticed someone say that this interferes with other addons because of the modified dx8.dll, well theres a workaround for that as you can specify proxy libraries, it's explained in the readme

Thanks for the info! Now let's tweak the settings to more realistic level and post results here.
Thanks, looks great, and no problems on HD2600XT.
With AA 8x about 60fps, before that mod was about 100
#57 - Jakg
Can anyone upload this to the forum?

cRapidshare is being crap again for me.
#59 - Jakg
Thanks, now gonna try setting it up...
screenshots! thats important!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Taavis version is good.. try it

Did, but there's absolutely no difference between his and the original
Quote from Jakg :Can anyone upload this to the forum?

cRapidshare is being crap again for me.

Sorry bout the Crapidshare mate, I forgot the LFS forum allowed attachments.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :lol, it's weird stuff, tweaking the ini makes it go nuts sometimes.

Edit: Another Ini version for those who get black screen + a preview image.

setting EnableOcclusion from 1 to 0 made it work for me. Thats all it needed. So if you have a black screen try this before anything else.

As for the effects, well kind of like it, needs to be turned down a lot like in taavi's version but its still just *bling* *bling*
I'm with Ian.

:vomit:
Taavis version looks a lot more overdone like the first one linked by Bramski, imho. Also , different tracks may need different settings, for example kyoto looks great with the "standard" settings Bramski posted, but BL looks waaaay like the "über_hdr_lsd_sucks" screenshot from counter strike source , which i can't find right now -.o .
We need a tweaker to do the dirty work for us lazy bastards
The only game in which I've seen tasteful use of bloom effects is Stalker.
Quote from baSh0r :Did, but there's absolutely no difference between his and the original

There is.
Not here for some reason
I yet have to see a screenshot where the bloom is not completely overdone. They all look like you're wearing fogged up glasses.

It sure gives it a "fancy" and "modern" look in the sense that most games today play with totally overdone bloom or similar effects not because they are realistic but simply because they can be done.

I'd rather see proper specular and normal maps implemented, to make the asphalt reflect the sunlight at certain angles, and for example to make the rubber line shinier than the rest of the asphalt, but pure post-processing bloom looks like shit.

If you look at an object that's not insanely bright (whose brightness your iris can't compensate for), there simply is no bloom. No. Bloom. Temporary bloom/overexposure if you come out of a dark hallway maybe, but no permanent halos around objects with bright colours. How does it even know what's bright and what's not? On screen the brightest value is RGB 255 255 255, which could be the virtual sun you're looking into or a white textbook, both have the same pixel brightness, but only one of them should actually cause bloom. The post-processing simply applies bloom to everything.
#70 - Jakg
Quote from Bramski :
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d8LFSBLOOM.dll

Just thought i'd let you know that doesn't work as LFS won't hook into this add-on at all.

Take any existing d3d8.dll's you have and rename them to something (ie "d3d8_{InsertNameOfAppHere}.dll"), then, go to the config file and put:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d8_[I]{InsertNameOfAppHere}[/I].dll

Make sure that the Bloom DLL has the right name ("d3d8.dll").

This should work better than the method above - however when using SoftTH I couldn't get it to work using your method, using my method I get "SoftTH" in the corner, and the Bloom notice at the top but then LFS never seems to load.
Well, I managed in the end to make it work with AA and AF. I turned them off from LFS and turned them on in nHancer. So with AA8x/AF16x on a 8800gt this is how it looks. But sadly a major fps drop, from 220 to 120.
LE: Just with Bramski files, not any tweaks.
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
Looked so nice in Taavi's still image comparison.
But when driving it's really really stupid no matter how I try to set it up. Blooms the menu too. I've seen enough
Quote from AndroidXP :I'd rather see proper specular and normal maps implemented, to make the asphalt reflect the sunlight at certain angles, and for example to make the rubber line shinier than the rest of the asphalt

Well of course. We all would. But we can't have that, and at the current rate of development, won't be having that for a long, long time. So this is an alternative for those that want to see what LFS looks like with currently "fashionable" lighting effects. The biggest drawback I can see to this addon is that it blooms everything that's white, whereas of course if LFS was calculating it, LFS would know that only the scene outside the car could be subject to bloom. And not your driving gloves.

Personally I think this hack might be ok if turned down to it's most subtle levels, to the point where it's not actively making things bloom, but does reduce the dynamic range of the image. When you look at LFS at the moment, it's a bit like an HDR photograph. Everything is optimally exposed. You can see detail in the dark parts of the dashboard whilst also seeing detail in the bright sky. The human eye isn't like that - we squint when entering bright light until our iris reacts, we can't make anything out on the dashboard when driving into a strong, low sun, etc etc. In that sense, the modern "bloom" effects, when actually used in a subtle & restrained manner, are more realistic than the perfect crystal clear view we have now.

It's getting a bit tiring when the same people keep harping on about bloom and other currently fashionable lighting effects being unrealistic. Yes, we know, thank you. It's because they're usually overdone, or purposely used to enhance an effect. Yes, effects used in Bioshock make it look great and add to it, but they'd detract from LFS (although some of the plasmids would be quite amusing in LFS). At the end of the day this is about an optional, third party modification to LFS that will produce effects that many people want to see, so posting to say "it sucks, that looks nothing like what my eyes see" is totally irrelevant.

Because after all, LFS' current views bear little reflection on how the human eye works either.
Heres a test picture with bloom.In my opinion,it looks beautiful :P

Bloom lighting addon for LFS
(615 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG