The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2008 - Season 1
(186 posts, started )
5.2.1.2 -penalties given by LFS will be cleared

no, please. I know what you mean by that, but DT and Stop&Go penalties for entering and exiting the pits too fast, thus giving the driver an advantage over other drivers will have to stay.

Quote from Fuse5 :5.2.1.2 -penalties given by LFS will be cleared

no, please. I know what you mean by that, but DT and Stop&Go penalties for entering and exiting the pits too fast, thus giving the driver an advantage over other drivers will have to stay.

I only meant that jump start DTs and S&Gs will be cleared at start. Noone gets an advantage because of this. Also during these three laps the pits will be closed... I just thought that clearing the penalties would easy things up at start, as we use rolling starts.
Quote from TFalke55 :I only meant that jump start DTs and S&Gs will be cleared at start. Noone gets an advantage because of this. Also during these three laps the pits will be closed... I just thought that clearing the penalties would easy things up at start, as we use rolling starts.

well, yea sure, makes sense that the penalties would be cleared at start. I just meant that the rule should be adjusted, clarified, as it now states that the penalties would be cleared whenever, during quali or race. The penalties given at entering/exiting pits during the actual race, when you need to do a pit stop, should stay.
Rules are updated. A German Translation can be found here.
Quote from TFalke55 :Rules are updated. A German Translation can be found here.

Can you please confirm that your league will be 'visiting us' for the Kyoto 500. We need to know whether or not we need to reserve places - they are going pretty fast!

We can't guarantee a place for everyone in your league - there needs to be some space for other competitors.

I will ask J@tko but we can probably reserve 10 - 15 places at the VERY most.

Please reply soon.
Quote from JO53PHS :Can you please confirm that your league will be 'visiting us' for the Kyoto 500. We need to know whether or not we need to reserve places - they are going pretty fast!

We can't guarantee a place for everyone in your league - there needs to be some space for other competitors.

I will ask J@tko but we can probably reserve 10 - 15 places at the VERY most.

Please reply soon.

Maybe make the people from this league sign up for the Kyoto 500 themselves, that way you can decide how many participate.
Quote from racer hero :Maybe make the people from this league sign up for the Kyoto 500 themselves, that way you can decide how many participate.

We've sorted it (or are currently sorting it) with Falke
... well I started thinking about the roadcourses a while ago. Now I have some ideas:

Aston North (because of the similarity to Laguna Seca)
South City Long Rev (it's a tricky and sectacular track to race, also the length is not too short)
Blackwood GP Rev
Fern Bay Black (I've saw races on it, and I have to agree that it's very intresting to see the FO8 on it)

I still don't know if it would be good to extand it to a fourth roadcourse and make it a 7 round league.

Also I think about the race format. My suggested 150mi (=240km) distance is quiet long. Maybe a lower distance could make the racing more interesting, and the league more attractive. Maybe on roadcourses a 75mi (120km) distance, on ovals a 100mi (161km) distance as main events? But the 25mi (40km) Sprintrace distance can stay.
Personally, I would put westhill in, but that's just my opinion. Those tracks sound good to me.
Nice idea for a series, count me in please if you do it.

Maybe 3 visits to Oval, with one reversed.

West Hill is very good for the F08, IMHO.

We have a server running KY Oval&FO8, with intentions to run F08 on other tracks. So maybe can help.

Server is at FRO - FormulaRacing.Org which we set up to get some practise in ourselves for oval racing.

Best of luck, thanks for making the efforts in organisation.

Best, Maz
Quote from Mazar :
Maybe 3 visits to Oval, with one reversed.

The second race will be on the Oval with a LFSCAR-like chicane, third race is the Kyoto 500 by New Dimension Racing, and the last race will be on KY1r
Quote from Mazar :
West Hill is very good for the F08, IMHO.

still thinking about it. Westhill or Blackwood, that's the decision that will have to be made.
Quote from Mazar :
We have a server running KY Oval&FO8, with intentions to run F08 on other tracks. So maybe can help.
Server is at FRO - FormulaRacing.Org which we set up to get some practise in ourselves for oval racing.

We still look for a competition server. I will include you as sponsor if you can host the competition server. (in the broadcasts)

So you want to join? i hope you have read the rulebook
Quote :still thinking about it. Westhill or Blackwood, that's the decision that will have to be made.

Only comment on BL1GP Track for F08 is there is not many passing places in longer races. Westhill a great open track with many passing opportunities. Maybe a consideration in longer races that can be running under whole course yellows, but of course makes it also a severe test.

Quote :We still look for a competition server. I will include you as sponsor if you can host the competition server. (in the broadcasts)

Sure, go ahead. Consider it done

Server is 47 slot, 32 grid server by Storm and yes you are welcome to it for the series dates.

We where thinking of something similar, as a series as the F08 makes for a very good 'cart' type car.

Quote : So you want to join? i hope you have read the rulebook

Rule book is a great effort.

Sure we FRO would like to join your series and entries from Me, Maissi, Brit_ORC, Hatboy, Mac and Felix are for sure.

So now as organiser you got a dedicated 'LFSCART' server, 6 entries and a sponsor, Lets Race!

Best, Maz
  1. 01.06.08 FE4 Grand Prix of Jamaica
  2. 08.06.08 WE1r Grand Prix of Westhill
  3. 15.06.08 KY1 Kyoto Speed Weeks (Chicane Route)
  4. 21.06.08 + 22.06.08 KY1 The 2008 Kyoto 500 qualifying
    28.06.08 KY1 The 2008 Kyoto 500 race *
  5. 13.07.08 SO4r Streets of South City
  6. 20.07.08 AS6 Grand Prix of Aston
  7. 27.07.08 KY1r Grand Prix of Japan
Race starts will be at 19UTC
21h Central European Summer Time
20h British Summer Time
15h Eastern daylight saving Time
12h Pacific daylight saving Time

* Event under New Dimension Raci ... ts Rules and Organisation

I hope it is okey for you that it is sundays. I think this is the only solution to get Americans and the Europeans racing together. Saturdays just don't work for me. After the Kyoto 500 there will be the mid-season break. The rulebook will be updated soon. And I start collecting the sign-ups. Please use this following form:

Quote :[StartNo] / [RealName] / [Team] / [Nation] / [LFSUserName]
e.g. 21 / Jochen Müller / Müller Racing / Germany / (JochenMüller)
this is fictive.

I hope there is no JochenMüller who can bring me into prison xD

Make sure you've read the rules carefully. Sign Ups are open and Mid Season joins are permitted, if spoken about it with me.
24/ Kenneth O'Keefe/ Rising Phoenix Motorsports / Canada / Racer Hero

See ya on the track guys,
kenneth
53 / Jörgen Kursk / GoodWindsRacing / Estonia / Fuse5

Will probably be joining the first half of the events.

Will help you with the organizing though. But when there's time, i'd definitely join in.

#17 / Mark Bos / Formula Racing / England / Mazar

Best, Maz
I'm going to automatically add all who enter this (and who have not entered the 500 yet) to the 500 entry list. If there's a number clash - I'll get one of the 500-specific entrants to change.

Reminder to all entrants to this series that entry to the Kyoto 500 will involve the following requirements:
Quote :
Entry Requirements (TBC - but almost certainly final):
  • At least 300 online laps (of FO8/KY1(r)). (Already done for this series)
  • An LFSW uploaded hotlap of less than 38 seconds
  • Attendance for at least 2 of the Kyoto 500 practice evenings/days held in May and June.
  • A friendly attitude.
  • Respect for other racers, admins and the rules.

[77] / [Jack Ward] /[AR][J.Ward / [GB] / [Jwardy] the races start at 9 pm CET or qually ? cos i dont finish work untill 9 on some nights

EDIT : Team assigned
Quote from J@tko :I'm going to automatically add all who enter this (and who have not entered the 500 yet) to the 500 entry list. If there's a number clash - I'll get one of the 500-specific entrants to change.

thank you for doing this. Just one thing: Could you swich me into the LFSCART section as well? I mean, as I'm the organisator, it would be a better section for my entry Also I'm hoping to get a second Safety Car driver sothat I can race at least at Aston North^^

Quote from jwardy :[77] / [Jack Ward] / [TBA ( going through a team change atm )] / [GB] / [Jwardy] the races start at 9 pm CET or qually ? cos i dont finish work untill 9 on some nights

It is qualifying starting at 9pm. I think it is going to be ok if you come a bit later.
Quote from TFalke55 :thank you for doing this. Just one thing: Could you swich me into the LFSCART section as well? I mean, as I'm the organisator, it would be a better section for my entry Also I'm hoping to get a second Safety Car driver sothat I can race at least at Aston North^^

It is qualifying starting at 9pm. I think it is going to be ok if you come a bit later.

it wont be everynight its just getting those tourists of the golf course
Quote :Also I'm hoping to get a second Safety Car driver sothat I can race at least at Aston North^^

We can volunteer a reserve safety car driver for you, if needed from the FRO Admins for rounds your competing in.

Back up experienced admins if needed from our crew are available to help at anytime.

Quote :Thanks to FRO - FormulaRacing.Org who will host the 6 LFSCART organised races.

A pleasure, again thanks for the organisation and we will do what we can to support your effort.

FRO will have another dedicated S2 server live in a couple days which will be set to F08 and the 'LFSCART' road courses and rules for series practise, I will pm you the passwords so you can admin the server and/or sessions when your around Tfalke.

FRO| #1 - FO8 - Kyoto Oval
FRO| #2 - FO8 - LFSCART Series tracks.

Provisional, Server sign up's for the LFSCART series.
  1. 11 / Justin Kay / USA / (TeamPlayersBlue)
Confirmed entrants.
  1. 16 / Tom Hands / England / Formula Racing / (MexicanHatBoy)
  2. 18 / T. Pasi / Finland / Formula Racing / (Maissi)
  3. 19 / Kev Smith / England / Formula Racing / (Brit_ORC)
Best! Maz
46 / D. Southword / Peregrinus / GBR / Storm_Cloud
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
^ Ignore what Joe says

You can use any number you want - I'll get the Kyoto 500 specific entrants to change
to show you what I mean by "summary broadcastst" It would be this way:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6430648G8pN26MW
the only difference is that I'll try to get some native speakers and that my skills won't allow some great things. Specifically I am in need of someone who could do a nice intro for this league, not longer then 45sec.
the Kyoto 500 will get an special edition of this containing at least 5 editions. (50 minutes action of the Kyoto 500).

maybe you've seen it, I uploaded version 3 of the rulebook, containing the rulebook of the Kyoto 500 as well. A german translation will be uploaded in the German forum, when I have time to do this. Also I changed the "nation" of some entries. As there were some signing up for england others signing up for great britain, i thought the "olympic way" would be okey, to call it United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).

Quote from Mazar :We can volunteer a reserve safety car driver for you, if needed from the FRO Admins for rounds your competing in.

Back up experienced admins if needed from our crew are available to help at anytime.

A pleasure, again thanks for the organisation and we will do what we can to support your effort.

FRO will have another dedicated S2 server live in a couple days which will be set to F08 and the 'LFSCART' road courses and rules for series practise, I will pm you the passwords so you can admin the server and/or sessions when your around Tfalke.

FRO| #1 - FO8 - Kyoto Oval
FRO| #2 - FO8 - LFSCART Series tracks.

Provisional, Server sign up's for the LFSCART series.
  1. 11 / Justin Kay / USA / (TeamPlayersBlue)
Confirmed entrants.
  1. 16 / Tom Hands / England / Formula Racing / (MexicanHatBoy)
  2. 18 / T. Pasi / Finland / Formula Racing / (Maissi)
  3. 19 / Kev Smith / England / Formula Racing / (Brit_ORC)
Best! Maz

thanks for your engargement. that's great! It would be good to get two permanent admins for this league, sothat I can concentrate on driving the safety car during cautions, while the other two can decide when the field is close enough together to open the pits again. About a reverse safety car driver... there is the need of getting this sorted out. If I am out for some reasons for an event, someone can replace me as safety car driver. but there is still time to get this sorted out. It's april, and the races are in June.

LFSCART 2008 - Season 1
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG