The online racing simulator
BL1 - Please close it
(64 posts, started )
#1 - Defi
BL1 - Please close it
Hello,

atm i realised at the Demo Server that Peoples can cut in the Chicane.

Is it available to close this Position with the Barrier in future Versions?
Attached images
close-it-plz.jpg
It would be nice for it to be closed in a future patch, yes.
I'm not sure I understand.

There are three barriers on alternating sides which force drivers to go very very slowly through there. As far as I'm aware it isn't possible to go through there and gain time, only lose time.

I thought it was specifically designed in this way for use as an escape road. I've used this escape road myself a couple times when there has been a massive pileup in that chicane on the first lap. It's very slow, but a sure way to avoid getting crashed into.
notice the gap between the barriers and the wall on the right hand side of the picture.
He is referring to the gap between the red and white barrier and the wall. You can use that hole to save time.
It should be blocked.
#6 - VoiD
It probably got moved.
Quote from zeugnimod :It probably got moved.

Its not really a bug is it?

I think it should be in improvent suggestions.
It's not a bug, but it should be closed. I think it's a popular way of having a fast lap on demo servers
I think it is a bug - a detail missed when Blackwood was resized. It should be closed, but it's a shame that some people take advantage of it - even with no barriers on the track I'd never consider cutting the chicane to gain time. Maybe I'm a dying breed of 'Gentleman LFS Driver'?
you guys remember the old chicane? they should put the old barriers to it (from s1)
Quote from tristancliffe :I think it is a bug - a detail missed when Blackwood was resized. It should be closed, but it's a shame that some people take advantage of it - even with no barriers on the track I'd never consider cutting the chicane to gain time. Maybe I'm a dying breed of 'Gentleman LFS Driver'?

I don't think you are. I know lots of people on LFS (some mates, some rivals, some acquaintances and some guys who are just names in the leagues I am in) and I can't think of one person who would cut a corner like that.
I agree it should be closed off
I tryed to go a lap with both..
i lose time when i go bethween there..
It definitely needs closed, at least for now. Maybe once the grass is more bumpy or you can get stuck it would be better

If I was running a server I'd have no barrier there and an instant kick for anyone who went through there. It's not like it's at the end of a high speed section that you could run off into
Quote from Dajmin :It definitely needs closed, at least for now. Maybe once the grass is more bumpy or you can get stuck it would be better

If I was running a server I'd have no barrier there and an instant kick for anyone who went through there. It's not like it's at the end of a high speed section that you could run off into

What about a ditch filled with water
Either a spike strip or retractable inner-city poles would be nice!
I can only see you gaining time there in an RB4 but still im not sure if you will gain so much...
There are lotsa ways to cut on BL1. I say leave it as it is. Whoever wants to cheat its their problem, theyll never get a WR tough and they'll get banned from the server anyway.
I went and had a look just to be sure and damn it is there, i cant say ive ever noticed that. EVER!

I dont know a part of me says leave it, because ive never seen or even heard of someone cutting there and another says close it to stop that from happaning.

Oh well who knows good spot btw.
i never cut from there. it is very hard and slow. i noticed that its faster to just drive on the track. if you go to there, you need frist go right in the middle of those and even that is hard, then you gotta steer and get out of the grass with formula, there you see the problem

EDIT: i cancel what i say, its easy and fast but i got banned from servers pecause cutting.
i usually put tyres then hide a barrier behind themthen more tyres on the other side to hide the barrier there.
Quote :There are three barriers on alternating sides which force drivers to go very very slowly through there. As far as I'm aware it isn't possible to go through there and gain time, only lose time.

I thought it was specifically designed in this way for use as an escape road. I've used this escape road myself a couple times when there has been a massive pileup in that chicane on the first lap. It's very slow, but a sure way to avoid getting crashed into.

It is a escape route isn't it?

If on outside of Turn 1 it is the only route back to the track if knocked off there. In that context, its useful.

Cant see how you could gain time there.

Best, M

BL1 - Please close it
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG