The online racing simulator
BL1 - Please close it
(64 posts, started )
All hail the big tree! I loved the look of old blackwood
make the tree deformable, so when your FXR hits it, the tree will fall and block the roadway :P
I think it should be made concrete or "invisible wall" style a la FE chicane
hmm, I return to the fire-breathing dragon/octopus idea...
#30 - robt
Quote from Mazar :It is a escape route isn't it?

If on outside of Turn 1 it is the only route back to the track if knocked off there.

im the silly one that manouvers his car between the red and white barriers weaving about. (very hard with 12 degrees lock on a keyboard)
It's not a bug and you are slower by passing that route
I suppose we'll have to go with the dragon then?

But seriously, the only time you can use this to gain time is on a drift server. Even there they'll probably ban you for it, that or the person you're racing against will just not drift the chicane.

In my opinion we need something there as anescape route, but not something that can be used in that manner. Iliked the old blackwood and how it was blocked off then, and i too, miss the tree...
Quote from Neomatica :I suppose we'll have to go with the dragon then?

But seriously, the only time you can use this to gain time is on a drift server. Even there they'll probably ban you for it, that or the person you're racing against will just not drift the chicane.

In my opinion we need something there as anescape route, but not something that can be used in that manner. Iliked the old blackwood and how it was blocked off then, and i too, miss the tree...

I have solution for your problem: Shift+u... "If you want to have something done right, do it yourself..."
Put innocent looking tyres there...with backwards-facing ramps behind them Then see if someone will do it twice
I agree it should be closed. I think ppl can only take advantage of this in the demo servers, cause in S2 you get kicked or you're forced to spectate.
On good demo servers you will get kicked/spec/banned 2 LOOL.
There is even server with soft that is not allowing pb maked that way Ooooh Ooooh Ooooh.
So you tried it? Looool Ooohhhh
Maybe this is solution for your problems. If I understood it correctly, it requires Y18-patch (Because otherwise the server would be in S1-list, and thus demo-users can't join it).
Quote from Töki (HUN) :So you tried it? Looool Ooohhhh

Sure i've tried almost everything on my own server
And u didn't tried to cut through the chicane, and u r taking discussion, no even know what we r talking about ? Yeah right
Quote from tristancliffe :I think it is a bug - a detail missed when Blackwood was resized. It should be closed, but it's a shame that some people take advantage of it - even with no barriers on the track I'd never consider cutting the chicane to gain time. Maybe I'm a dying breed of 'Gentleman LFS Driver'?

I would cut a chicane - when having fun and crashing with mates and stuff. In a proper race, never. Maybe by accident (if i was thrown over the first kerb so i'd be half a meter inside with the outer tires) or if there was someone who wouldn't give room (which happened twice in T1 today on CTRA S1 server). But in a real lapping situation, never. THere was a guy on CTRA a long time ago (when there were no barriers) that was lapping about as fast as me. Gold rev was the track (both today and back then). But he was going straight in the first chicane and i was doing it properly.
Or my suggestion would be a speed restricted area, like in pits. So fast cutters get a drive-through penalty and those, who had an accident on turn 1 and can't come back to the track immediately can go through it. A tree would be too dangerous.
What about a sand trap? If it was fairly deep sand (like the truck runoff areas on motorways), it would stop any advantage gained, but you could still drive through it in an emergency.
a simple added barrier would do the trick. You can still pass it, when you need to, but no chance in gaining any speed from there at all.
No need for other fancy solutions either.
Attached images
barrier.JPG
was it difficult to fix that bug in patch Z?
apparently yes
Quote from baSh0r :you guys remember the old chicane? they should put the old barriers to it (from s1)

agread
Nevah, tree or squid!
Nevah, flower or wale!
Yes, they should put s1 barriers in that chicane, because its now easy to cut if track is rev

BL1 - Please close it
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG