The online racing simulator
BL1 - Please close it
(64 posts, started )
Why doesn't someone 'code' a restricted area there?
Quote from Xmods6879 :They wont be cutting much with this layout.
BL1_Anti_Cutters.lyt
Heres a replay of me testing it out.
Anti_Cutters.spr

Quote from Fuse5 :a simple added barrier would do the trick. You can still pass it, when you need to, but no chance in gaining any speed from there at all.
No need for other fancy solutions either.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Put innocent looking tyres there...with backwards-facing ramps behind them Then see if someone will do it twice

Quote from Gekkibi :I have solution for your problem: Shift+u... "If you want to have something done right, do it yourself..."

Have any of you read the OP? The point is that he's a Demo Racer (who can't place objects) wanting to block off this route.
With proper insim software this can be eliminated even on demo servers... You can see it working on www.airattack.co.uk #1 and #2 servers. They're both demo servers and you can't cut there last turn on rally (#2) neither crash across the corner at the end of long straight in GP (#1) I agree that this chicane may be issue on reversed configuration*, but it's no longer accesible in demo and is easily fixable in s1/2.

*altought i'll gladly call my words off when someone post lap replay with time better than WR, done with cutting that chicane in non reversed configuration
Quote from JO53PHS :Have any of you read the OP? The point is that he's a Demo Racer (who can't place objects) wanting to block off this route.

Demo racers can place restricted areas and marshalls though since Z...

Quote from JoRuss :With proper insim software this can be eliminated even on demo servers... You can see it working on www.airattack.co.uk #1 and #2 servers. They're both demo servers and you can't cut there last turn on rally (#2) neither crash across the corner at the end of long straight in GP (#1) I agree that this chicane may be issue on reversed configuration*, but it's no longer accesible in demo and is easily fixable in s1/2.

An InSim app would probably do the trick alright...I might put something together later
Quote from JO53PHS :Have any of you read the OP? The point is that he's a Demo Racer (who can't place objects) wanting to block off this route.

You are referring to him wanting to put the barrier himself, in single player?

My solution was meant for either server admins or ultimately, the devs.
#56 - VoiD
Sigh...
Did some pick-up races on BL1 (XFG-XRG 12laps) . The "exploit" is still there. It seems to be a common shortcut for all now... Severall mpr´s on my HDD. Please... something has to be done...

Even S2-licensed user used it:

Edit:
Problem solved, deleted replay.
Put a massive tirewalls in there
make it a ban-tunel you go through and server auto bans you
Quote from chavm481 :make it a ban-tunel you go through and server auto bans you

lol, great idea.

Tbh, If they don't close it, that part should just be out of bounds and spec you when you go through it. It'll make more sense.
Quote from VoiD :Sigh...
Did some pick-up races on BL1 (XFG-XRG 12laps) . The "exploit" is still there. It seems to be a common shortcut for all now... Severall mpr´s on my HDD

I had a guy behind me who took that route and rammed me when coming out on the other side. Then he called me a crasher and called a vote. Just fantastic.
Classic stuff that. I tried a demo server a few weeks ago, saw some idiots cutting and so I parked there. I got banned for being a "blocker".
Leave it open and let the admins make the decision. One of the reason's that is there is because of safety. But yeah, cutters suck.
Admins can't be around all the time. My experience with online game(r)s is that if its possible to exploit something - someone will do it - often screwing up the game for everybody else.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Put a massive tirewalls in there

yes, but Demo have no Object placer. Unless you want a dev to close it

BL1 - Please close it
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG