The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Must be setup related Chris. Play with the diff. I dont have that problem at all now with the C6R or Ford GT.

The tyres do still seem quicker on your first lap in the C6R at least. They then loose time and come back after about 8 laps or so in race conditions.

For qualy it's still out lap and one hot lap though

EDIT: try 65 power, 65 coast on the C6R and work from there. I set the world record today at Watkins with those settings.

Would love to share the setup, but team rules say no
team rules wouldnt know :P
Yep

3Yrs away and the only change is the iRacing thread has grown to 421 pages.

Ahh go on flame me you know you want to lol.
but...but we will have s3 soon...
Quote from -NightFly- :but...but we will have s3 soon...

Before that we will have rf3 beta and assetto corsa 2.0 though.
Am liking the new Daytona at night and looking forward to the 2.4 hour this weekend. Anyone else doing it here and in the DP or Mustang?
Not really sure if I can be arsed to do 2hrs 40mins on my own.

Thats a long time without a cig, and balancing beer intake with bladder capacity could prove tricky...there are some some long supping stretches on rovals after all.
I'd like to try my hand at this but as i dont have the content, anyone kind enough to share?
Quote from Bean0 :Not really sure if I can be arsed to do 2hrs 40mins on my own.

Thats a long time without a cig, and balancing beer intake with bladder capacity could prove tricky...there are some some long supping stretches on rovals after all.

If I dont crash, Im not sure how im going to mentally drive the DP for that long.
Don't have time but did some laps today, don't think I would have done it anyways.
Quote :Interested in adding some cars or tracks to your inventory? We have a deal for you. For a limited time we are increasing the discount on bulk purchases:

Purchase 3 or more pieces of content and save 15%– was 10% off

Purchase 6 or more pieces of content and save 25%– was 20% off

Purchase all remaining content (100% of cars and tracks) and save 30% - was 25%

Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer valid through 2.20.12 at 17:00 GMT. Discount not available on previous purchases.

Hit it up while it lasts IMO.
lol'd at video
Looks the like aerodynamics of the car are pretty sensitive to pitch.

Looks like the car gains tons of downforce with extreme angles of pitch which basically creates huge braking effect as the downforce created by the pitch points down towards the bottom of the car which in that situation is against the direction of travel.

Basically some of the basic force vectors in the sim aren't pointing in correct directions when the car pitches.

Easy to check. Just try running the rear as high and nose as low as possible and see if you gain downforce. It's in a way similar effect what was the bug with lfs with high noses.
Ufo, ufo!!!
Quote from Hyperactive :It's in a way similar effect what was the bug with lfs with high noses.

I remember that clearly, but I never remember LFS acting funny when the car is in the air.
OMG, dont see how grip levels due to tire loads can be even close to working in that clip
So now that you folks have had some time...

Is the patch an actual improvement or just another change?
this new update from iracing made it undriveable. believe me. countersteering is impossible because youll just crash to the other side. grip level is very low. my times are now 2 seconds slower then before (all cars i believe)
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :this new update from iracing made it undriveable. believe me. countersteering is impossible because youll just crash to the other side. grip level is very low. my times are now 2 seconds slower then before (all cars i believe)

wat.

It's impossible to crash now. You can hold a 45 degree slide in the star mazda all week...
Quote from Jertje :wat.

It's impossible to crash now. You can hold a 45 degree slide in the star mazda all week...

i never drove start mazda, i only drove the skip barber, mazda mx5, dallara indycar and f1 before the update and dalara after
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :i never drove start mazda, i only drove the skip barber, mazda mx5, dallara indycar and f1 before the update and dalara after

So you're comparing new tire model improvements between builds using an old tire model car? There's your problem.

I really like the improvements in this build.
Ouch Teemu
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG