The online racing simulator
so now i caNT EVEN PLAY
(248 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
so now i caNT EVEN PLAY
i use ghost car it gets removed i use digital speedo it gets removed i use outside view it gets removed i use previus version to use ghostcar, records get removed being pointless keeping at

but what annoys me the most is the game is to favour arcade players against pilots

a pilot will search the limits without crossing if you spinn the wheel too much either front or rear wheels skid if back wheels you spin

if front wheels skid nothing happens

wait nothing happens and what about centrifugal force and diference between static and dinamic friction

if you oversteer the wheel and skid front wheels the car will go straight and go off the road no way it can keep turning
Since you are a demo racer, it doesn´t matter what you think. Even licensed racers are only supposed to suggest improvements or post constructive criticism.
The topic title is stupid, you can play, its just not what you want, go try need for speed
It's a conspiracy formulated by Zionists, Freemasons, NASA, pyramid builders, militant lesbians and that one guy who controls all the world's oil prices, Bernie Taupin.

Really!

EDIT: Forgot to mention: all your base are belong to us.
Quote from lerts :i use ghost car it gets removed i use digital speedo it gets removed i use outside view it gets removed i use previus version to use ghostcar

Quote from lerts : but what annoys me the most is the game is to favour arcade players against pilots

Fairly self-contradictory there...You think that ghost cars, digital speedos and external views should be brought back in...and you say that the game shouldn't support arcade players...and what have "pilots" got to do with a race sim?

TRY ME!
#6 - lerts
i have a bad screen and on 1st person cant see the road

formula bmw has a digital speedo but cant see it

i want a game in which oversteering the wheel means you get off the road lfs isnt

just try rfactor demo and youll know what i mean
Quote from NikLaw :Since you are a demo racer, it doesn´t matter what you think.

That is just bull***t really, who made you spokesperson for Scawen and co.? I hate this sort of reactionary posting that seems to occur whenever a demo racer opens their mouth.

It's the worst part of this community.
#8 - evans
Quote from NikLaw :Since you are a demo racer, it doesn´t matter what you think. Even licensed racers are only supposed to suggest improvements or post constructive criticism.

I don't know if that's a sarcastic post or whatever, but looking at the already negative tone in this thread, I suggest you have a look at this post: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=658216#post658216

Now, on topic, I think you should explain your frustrations a bit more detailed, because quite frankly I wasn't able to see what you were complaining about.

Like dougie-lampkin pointed it out, it's fairly contradictory of you to say that you want to drive with ghostcar, digital speedo (which is in fact still in the game on the appropriate cars) and outside view and then go on bashing arcade drivers, stating LFS favors them over "real" drivers.

So, I would like you to rephrase your first posts so it's actually readable (for gods sake use these two symbols: . and ,) and please give us a more detailed description of why and how LFS is wrong and how it favors arcade drivers, because I can assure you that your first post will only give you a good handful of bullshit-responses like the ones above.
#9 - _Rob_
Agree with you, Sinbad.

What do you think the community started with, NikLaw? It was about 3/4 of a year after LFS came out that a 'non-demo' product became available. What happened in that time? Oh yes, we were demo racers.

Ok, whilst many demo racers don't offer much worthwhile in terms of suggestions etc, the same can also be said for many licensed drivers, and many demo users do post good stuff too
Quote from lerts :i use ghost car it gets removed

Ghostcar is an external add-on, not part of LFS itself. If Kegetys hasn't coded it for Y yet, it's no fault of the LFS devs

Quote from lerts :i use digital speedo it gets removed

Because the car you are driving doesn't have one. Try the FBM if you *really* want a digital speedo.

Quote from lerts :i use outside view it gets removed

That's a server option. Go find a different server.

Quote from lerts :i use previus version to use ghostcar, records get removed being pointless keeping at

The physics changed, of course records are gonna be removed!

Quote from lerts :but what annoys me the most is the game is to favour arcade players against pilots

No it doesn't. Patch Y added things that if anything will make arcade drivers more annoyed than they already were at LFS.

Quote from lerts :a pilot will search the limits without crossing if you spinn the wheel too much either front or rear wheels skid if back wheels you spin

if front wheels skid nothing happens

wait nothing happens and what about centrifugal force and diference between static and dinamic friction

If you turn the wheel too much the front wheels will understeer. Too much throttle in a high powered car will cause the drive wheels to slip. If the drive wheels are the rear ones then yes, the car will start to slide and (in the case of too much slipping) spin out.

And 2 things about the forces stuff:

1. In the application of a car turning a corner centrifugal force *does not exist*. You're looking at centripetal force there.

2. If you don't start sliding you have rolling friction between the road and the road. If you *do* start sliding then it is dynamic friction. Where does static friction come into this? Does a car magically turn a corner while not moving?

Quote from lerts :if you oversteer the wheel and skid front wheels the car will go straight and go off the road no way it can keep turning

That's called understeer. Try slowing down
haha i like to be forced into playing real and fair

just a bit pieced because i dont have a pc that allows me for this, i have to go low resolution so i see better the road on third person better than in 1st

i come from flight combat which i love because if you pull the stick to far you stall

i know drving is like that if you oversteer the wheel too much you end off the road

in lfs you keep turning when front wheels skid in rfactor if front wheels skid you go off straight

logic and intuition tells me rfactor is the one crrectly modeled

what do you think

i just can get demos no money and hell i cant even get gtr2 demo is this a conspiracy to lead me into shooters?
Quote from JohnUK89 :Ghostcar is an external add-on, not part of LFS itself. If Kegetys hasn't coded it for Y yet, it's no fault of the LFS devs

Because the car you are driving doesn't have one. Try the FBM if you *really* want a digital speedo.

That's a server option. Go find a different server.

The physics changed, of course records are gonna be removed!

No it doesn't. Patch Y added things that if anything will make arcade drivers more annoyed than they already were at LFS.

1. In the application of a car turning a corner centrifugal force *does not exist*. You're looking at centripetal force there.

2. If you don't start sliding you have rolling friction between the road and the road. If you *do* start sliding then it is dynamic friction. Where does static friction come into this? Does a car magically turn a corner while not moving?

That's called understeer. Try slowing down

Best post ever.
i insist on how should i see so different outcomes when front wheels skid in rfactor and lfs

shouldnt i then untrust the so called simulatiors?
When the front wheels skid in reality (I'm on about while understeering here) the tyres still generate grip. Go try it out on an airfield or something, You'll find you still turn, just not as much as you would when you don't turn the wheel too much

EDIT: Go take a look into slip angles and stuff in tyres. Will come in very useful
thanks a lot i feel like keep playing on

problem might be setups im using could someone provided me with a setup that if you oversteer the wheel the car spins(maximum turning abilities to the cost of accidents i suppose)

and that it went weell on pianos i find default formula bmw in blackwood to spin everytime you touch a piano

vincent setup is good but id like somethin that overstter on neutral with the pedals
So you want a setup with snap oversteer everytime you get near the limit, that spits you off the road like your car was just hit by a cruise missile, Rfactor style?
Not a bad turn around in about an hour.

Next time just sit still for an hour or count to 10 before you post.
#18 - JJ72
You know what, what you need is LFS S1 with the old physics!!!
Quote from lerts :but what annoys me the most is the game is to favour arcade players against pilots

yeah cos your a real simulator man it has to be 100% real or its not good enough...... driving chase view with a ghost car
well actually somhow i fantasize actually im running a remote control car thats why i cant stand shooters, what if an evil wizard leads my remote control shooter dron agaisnt real people who play for money on a paralel world

but if i drive remote control theres no problem on making an hologram of a ghost car for real

also id like to have the cameraon an antena on the back of the car, nothing unreal

and since i cant feel forces since its remoted control id like to see forces with real sensors

i want a simulator of the 21st century not one of a preivous century

are you gnna say that a real ghost car is imposible? look hologranms

i think in we differ in whats real for me real means posible

i see the most real you can get on your pc is a remoted control but then you can have ghostcar outside view, forces linda blair look back
Eerrr, yeah.....
Just for the record: Lerts is not my fake account.
Quote from jayhawk :It's a conspiracy formulated by Zionists, Freemasons, NASA, pyramid builders, militant lesbians and that one guy who controls all the world's oil prices, Bernie Taupin.

You forgot MI6 and Prince Philip.
Quote from jayhawk :It's a conspiracy formulated by Zionists, Freemasons, NASA, pyramid builders, militant lesbians and that one guy who controls all the world's oil prices, Bernie Taupin.

Really!

EDIT: Forgot to mention: all your base are belong to us.

God Bless you

Quote from lerts :haha i like to be forced into playing real and fair

just a bit pieced because i dont have a pc that allows me for this, i have to go low resolution so i see better the road on third person better than in 1st

i come from flight combat which i love because if you pull the stick to far you stall

i know drving is like that if you oversteer the wheel too much you end off the road

in lfs you keep turning when front wheels skid in rfactor if front wheels skid you go off straight

logic and intuition tells me rfactor is the one crrectly modeled

what do you think

i just can get demos no money and hell i cant even get gtr2 demo is this a conspiracy to lead me into shooters?

HAHAHAHA my new signature
________
Gm foods
wat
Spamming = fun.

so now i caNT EVEN PLAY
(248 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG