The online racing simulator
Top Gear Simulation
(72 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :No, i took the Standard Liana and set a 1:39 first time then did 1:36

My times are regulary 105% of the WR in LFS... I did a 1:49...
5 seconds off the world record IRL...Im definetly sure that sub 1:40 are impossible with a standart liana and the full course

would you like to explain how can you go so slow doing the wrong route or in the wrong car?
Quote from squidhead :My times are regulary 105% of the WR in LFS... I did a 1:49...
5 seconds off the world record IRL...Im definetly sure that sub 1:40 are impossible with a standart liana and the full course

would you like to explain how can you go so slow doing the wrong route or in the wrong car?

I'm just driving the LAP, the physics aren't exactly good, you can just go in a corner and any speed, then go on the brakes, and the car will pull around and you just get pulled into the corners. The throttle is on my KB, and my steering on the wheel, so im just going straight on the brakes and straight on the power. I'm not driving it like a real car, I am driving it like the game, and getting the most potential from the game.
FUnny that, looking at quicksilver he's quite nearly ont eh throttle all the time, carrying alot of speed into corners.

Maybe you can show us how you drive? Really would like to see something that looked like QS's time but really 10 seconds faster.
Quote from Bawbag :FUnny that, looking at quicksilver he's quite nearly ont eh throttle all the time, carrying alot of speed into corners.

Maybe you can show us how you drive? Really would like to see something that looked like QS's time but really 10 seconds faster.

Well I'd fraps it but my computer dislikes .avi's and it freezes up. But if i save a replay where does the file go? cos i looked and it must go into the registry or something ,cos it ain't anywhere near my .exe
It is the .rhun file.
I did about 1:35 as well, then I realized I was only driving about halfway around. I've only seen that track about twice before I think...
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm just driving the LAP, the physics aren't exactly good, you can just go in a corner and any speed, then go on the brakes, and the car will pull around and you just get pulled into the corners. The throttle is on my KB, and my steering on the wheel, so im just going straight on the brakes and straight on the power. I'm not driving it like a real car, I am driving it like the game, and getting the most potential from the game.

I call a B/S on that untill I see the replay
I just set a 1:42 without cutting, I rekon the people claiming 1:39's could be right since I am just using the keys not a wheel. I dunno if it saved though, I got an error when I tried to save it.
Quote from Batterypark :I did about 1:35 as well, then I realized I was only driving about halfway around. I've only seen that track about twice before I think...

Maybe I was too then, I'll zip a replay. But why am I getting the 3rd degree, my time isn't even the fastest!!!!
Jesum H Crackers this game nearly gave me a fit! I started driving and the outer edges flashed black and white very quickly. Owww my head...

And now I don't even remember how to get round the track.

I did a 2:06 before my head exploded with the flashing.
Quote from DaveWS :You guys clearly must be taking the wrong routes, or using the other cars rather than the standard liana.

Quote from Bawbag :Well I think we must be total noobs then Dave, now I just ask that someone fraps there 1.36 time to see where I can make my 8 seconds.

Perhaps now you'll both understand how us lot feel when we see your lap times in LFS.

Really really hope that's a legit time BF, Bawbag and DaveWS pwned by Blueflame would make my day
Its 3am, I am bored out of my mind, and very close to having an epileptic fit, but the fastest I got out of that was: 1:44.2 standard, 1:37.1 Option 2, and 1:32.6 Option 3.

Now, anything else anyone want me to try before I fall asleep?
W00t fun game! I did a 1:26 with the 4wd liana

EDIT: Woops wrong pic!

EDIT: 2nd attachment is with standard Liana 1:44.4
Attached images
Linana_2.png
Liana_3.png
The car Top Gear used was the standard Liana. Thats why your time is so good in comparison to the Top Gear ones.
New Version 1.4
Sweet Thanks James
Link sux, it allways just stops
-
I will upload for you ;) (Jamesisinthehouse12) DELETED by Jamesisinthehouse12
Hmm... Since TG has their "Road signs" campaign going on and people can send in their pictures, I presume they're still filming? Maybe you ought to send your simulator to teh BBC
Quote from hyntty :Hmm... Since TG has their "Road signs" campaign going on and people can send in their pictures, I presume they're still filming? Maybe you ought to send your simulator to teh BBC

if it was ours, yes

Top Gear Simulation
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG