The online racing simulator
How many licences
(60 posts, started )
How many licences
just as a matter of interest, i was wondering how many LFS licences have been issued now, i've looked on LFSW but can't find a 'grand total' anywhere. it's not important but it'd be nice to know how many of us there are now.
you will never get that information from the devs, just think a bit, and you know why
Yeah many people have asked, but no official numbers are released.

But my guess is, they've made a huge load of cash

Just think if say... 500,000 (guessing) people are licensed... you do the math
Quote from Tweaker :Yeah many people have asked, but no official numbers are released.

But my guess is, they've made a huge load of cash

Just think if say... 500,000 (guessing) people are licensed... you do the math

lol i guess you are taking the piss? no way are 500,000 licensed.
i was never after an exact figure!

I did expect that it's not public information, but i'm just curious. (he says with several dead cats nearby)

i'm guessing 5000-7000

sorry if anybody feels offended by my curiosity

the money's not important, but if the dev's have made a stack of cash, They certainly deserve it!
Reduce it to 50.000 and it still would be a fat load of $$$.

But still, even 50k is just a number. Look how many people are online in general, and multiply by a factor you like, but it will be <50k i think.
afaik there are about 30,000 Licences in total, about 10,000 of which are still S1 (the rest are S2).
#8 - Don
Quote from tristancliffe :afaik there are about 30,000 Licences in total, about 10,000 of which are still S1 (the rest are S2).

from where you know that?
If it is around the 50k reigon, then that'll be about £120,000 they have made. If they are all S2 licenses anyway..

It might seem a lot at first, but you have to remember that the money has to be cut three ways, and then theres living expenses and other stuff like this to take out of that.

(edit) Also dont forget that they have been working only on LFS for the past three years, with no other money coming in from other sources.

I dont think they are rich one bit. Scawens haircut just goes to prove this. ;P
isn't a licensed player automatically registered in the forum ? if so, you have 3800 forum members, excluding maybe 10-20% demo racers would be around 3000 licenses. Although that sounds like a bit too small number...
Quote from L(Oo)ney :If it is around the 50k reigon, then that'll be about £120,000 they have made. If they are all S2 licenses anyway..

It might seem a lot at first, but you have to remember that the money has to be cut three ways, and then theres living expenses and other stuff like this to take out of that.

(edit) Also dont forget that they have been working only on LFS for the past three years, with no other money coming in from other sources.

I dont think they are rich one bit. Scawens haircut just goes to prove this. ;P

I dont think many people are s1 anymore, or at least they dont use online servers.

That is because last time i checked, there was 1 server running s1 :S
Quote from L(Oo)ney :I dont think they are rich one bit. Scawens haircut just goes to prove this. ;P

im sure tristan would be glad to give him a free haircut
tristan knows coz i asked scawen how many licences there are, i just thought it would be a nice thing to know...
It's more than 20,000 and less than 30,000. As Tristan said, a little more than 10,000 of those are S1 licenses.

Last time we gave some figures it was some time after S1 and the answer was, between 1,000 and 10,000. So we've come a long way since then.
i hope the sales of licences are increasing each year! would be nice to see the groth in licences year on year aswell.
Quote from Scawen :It's more than 20,000 and less than 30,000. As Tristan said, a little more than 10,000 of those are S1 licenses.

Last time we gave some figures it was some time after S1 and the answer was, between 1,000 and 10,000. So we've come a long way since then.

Hehe, that's what i though myself, i was gonna say 30000, but wasn't
sure. I remember reading there was over 10000 a while ago. Might not
want your lady to see this, she might start doing the math and ask where
that money went hehe
Something the older people know for sure but the younger ones might not realise, is that of that income, quite a bit is lost in bank / payment charges before we even see it, then a massive amount is paid as tax. We also have other costs to keep things going. So we only end up with about half of it (for those who try to work out how rich we are).
Quote from L(Oo)ney :I dont think they are rich one bit. Scawens haircut just goes to prove this. ;P

you are a genius. you said it all.
Haircut? Since when did i have a haircut?
Actually Scawen, that green shirt of yours is more a giveaway
Victor's new haircut really fits him imo, i'm sure he'll notice an
improvement in his relations with people. Looks more serious and
ehem, adult as opposed to looking like a pot-smoker

I wouldn't worry about your hair though Scawen, i tend to see people
with messy haircuts as sort of 'geniuses'. Experience has not proven me
wrong yet. Most people i meet with hair 'in a fight' seem to be very 'brainy'
and they are generally people that think a lot, so they are usually very
rational people. That said, i've also found most to be a bit anti-social,
more like the shy type.

I've long believed that people who put too much attention on their
appearance have a confidence problem. It's over-compensation.
I'll take a girl with hairy armpits and no makeup anyday over those
old-hags trying to be 15 again dressed up like a prostitute and looking
like a clown. Oh, i'd do her, but i sure wouldn't marry her or have kids
with her Like i tell my mates, there's 2 types of girls, the one you
respect, and the one you don't. My problem is i get very shy with girls
i respect, familiar to anyone ? hehe
the reason scawen grew his hair is so that we could all recognise him in karts and be careful not to touch him
Wow, i'd be more scared of my hair catching on fire. Every time i
go karting some douche has to say something about my hair.

- "Ya ya, i'll put it in my shirt, i DID sign those insurance papers so
it's really none of your concerns."

I do it for me Well, for my hair, it's getting pretty damn long,
almost at my waist now
Quote from Shotglass :im sure tristan would be glad to give him a free haircut

With his hacksaw!?

What if he "accidently" slip's? Scawen will end up like the bunny.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :With his hacksaw!?

What if he "accidently" slip's? Scawen will end up like the bunny.

Well we would end up with TWO Scawen's right?:kenny:
Now THAT can only be a good thing!
lol at signature
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

How many licences
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG