The online racing simulator
How many licences
(60 posts, started )
#26 - Gunn
Tomorrow's headline:

Live For Speed HQ moves to Monaco
@ Gunn :up:
Sorry Scawen if I wasn't meant to mention that on the forum, but I kind of assumed since you told me, and everyone else at the pub, that it wasn't secret. Not that it matters, cos we know we bought you a nice car

And sure I'd give you a haircut, but you have a choice:

1. Hacksaw - it's good for plastic but gets quite hot. Might need a new blade.
2. Stanley Knife - no new blades at the moment (and too lazy to buy any) so might not be cleanest cut.
3. Cigarette lighter - with carefully controlled 'bursts' of flame I could probably shorten it, avoid total ignition, and help you avoid split ends by forming a blob of molten hair at the end.

Your choice.

Sorry for going away from topic, but I just thought I'd make some comment as a form of defence against the endless abuse I get...
Quote from tristancliffe :Sorry for going away from topic, but I just thought I'd make some comment as a form of defence against the endless abuse I get...

...which you get for typing such drivel like the above post.

And I didn't think we were supposed to share that info, I mean we were talking about it in the pub, but it had that kind of "I don't mind talking about it but don't tell the world about it.... or start a thread on the forums " feel to it. But if Scawen is talking about it openly now (not that he has much choice ) then I suppose it's ok.

Oh and how come you have to pay so much tax? I know the government here would "appropriate" candy from babies if it could, but 50% seems a bit steep.
Quote from Bob Smith :And I didn't think we were supposed to share that info, I mean we were talking about it in the pub, but it had that kind of "I don't mind talking about it but don't tell the world about it.... or start a thread on the forums " feel to it.

eeek!
Quote from Bob Smith :...but 50% seems a bit steep.

Well there's about 5% in transaction charges then about 10% goes to VAT (some payments are exempt from VAT). So another 35% for income tax, national insurance, server costs, etc doesn't seem unlikely. I'm just estimating 50%, more or less... just pointing out that we don't actually end up with £24 for each license, as some people assume. And it's a similar story for all businesses of course, not just ours.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Scawen :Something the older people know for sure but the younger ones might not realise, is that of that income, quite a bit is lost in bank / payment charges before we even see it, then a massive amount is paid as tax. We also have other costs to keep things going. So we only end up with about half of it (for those who try to work out how rich we are).

Banks suck... you know that? They really do... And I imagine paypal gets a good chunk of revenue to, but that's not really none of my business

Oh, Mr. Scawen.......
If some lamer type with a buzz cut asks you about a haircut, like when the last time you got one,
Do what I do... I say,"A Haircut? do they hurt?" It F***s with their head and they generally leave you alone after that.
In the 80's, long haired ppl were stereotyped as Drug dealing head bangers.
In the 90's we were tagged as rightwing religious nuts.......
What are we in the new century? Pro Wrestler wannabes?
#33 - axus
Quote from Racer Y :Banks suck... you know that? They really do... And I imagine paypal gets a good chunk of revenue to, but that's not really none of my business

Oh, Mr. Scawen.......
If some lamer type with a buzz cut asks you about a haircut, like when the last time you got one,
Do what I do... I say,"A Haircut? do they hurt?" It F***s with their head and they generally leave you alone after that.
In the 80's, long haired ppl were stereotyped as Drug dealing head bangers.
In the 90's we were tagged as rightwing religious nuts.......
What are we in the new century? Pro Wrestler wannabes?

Intelectuals.
I have long hair. Discussion closed.
Quote from axus :Intelectuals.
I have long hair. Discussion closed.

Shall we start a pole, Howmany LFS'ers have long hair? :gt:
Working for an investment company have you ever thought of allowing share holders in? I don't mean right now but in the future when S3 gets close. If you get the right people it could be a big step but you definetly don't want major shareholders telling you what to do.

Just a thought
Quote from auch_enne :Shall we start a pole, Howmany LFS'ers have long hair? :gt:

Or long beard :gandalf:
#37 - axus
Quote from auch_enne :Shall we start a pole, Howmany LFS'ers have long hair? :gt:

Definately, but lets get the options right...

1. I have long hair
2. I have a long beard
3. I have long hair and a long beard
4. I not an intelectual...

Does that sound good? Any additions anyone?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from L(Oo)ney :If it is around the 50k reigon, then that'll be about £120,000 they have made. If they are all S2 licenses anyway...

50,000x£24=£1,200,000, not £120,000. Didn't you learn maths at school?
The Devs deserve every single penny they get, no doubt about it. They took a big risk quitting a "stable" job and developing LFS. IMHO, high risks deserve high returns. They're certianly not ripping us off with what they're charging, anything but. If someone told me that Scawen drove a 760Li, Victor drove an F430, and Eric drove a 911 Turbo, I'd be overjoyed.

BTW, this post wasn't directed at anyone, just me rambling on in the middle of a very boring ANSI lecture
Quote from 96 GTS :The Devs deserve every single penny they get, no doubt about it. They took a big risk quitting a "stable" job and developing LFS. IMHO, high risks deserve high returns. They're certianly not ripping us off with what they're charging, anything but. If someone told me that Scawen drove a 760Li, Victor drove an F430, and Eric drove a 911 Turbo, I'd be overjoyed.

BTW, this post wasn't directed at anyone, just me rambling on in the middle of a very boring ANSI lecture

I agree, these guys deserve to make millions

So spread the word chaps.
#41 - axus
Quote from 96 GTS :If someone told me that Scawen drove a 760Li, Victor drove an F430, and Eric drove a 911 Turbo, I'd be overjoyed.

That's a good taste in cars you got there, but Scawen isn't an old man yet... he should trade that 760Li in for an M6... and a new shirt...
Its really hard not to give the obvious away.

Maybe the meet was a bad idea? We know a lot of secret about LFS now, that maybe we shouldnt
whoa there, what have i started? sorry to the dev's if this has gotten a little personal!

I certainly didn't want to focus on the financial side of things (or the hair for that matter!) , but it's nice to have some idea of what you guys have to deal with in order to keep LFS moving. (there's probably enough work for the three of you in 'administration' duties, let alone having to actually produce a top notch game like LFS.

As ever, I am filled with humble respect for what the dev's have done for us,

Thank You!
Quote from Scawen :Well there's about 5% in transaction charges then about 10% goes to VAT (some payments are exempt from VAT). So another 35% for income tax, national insurance, server costs, etc doesn't seem unlikely. I'm just estimating 50%, more or less... just pointing out that we don't actually end up with £24 for each license, as some people assume. And it's a similar story for all businesses of course, not just ours.

Now that you have answered such an important question for some people , I would like you to answer a yes/no one that matters me a lot
"Is real the gossip around here about a Rallypack for the S2?"

Thanks in advance , and I hope that you , the development team, would be really rich someday. Enough for living carelessly but not so much for leaving the LFS project too soon
I want a new Interview with the devs
yeah... we havent had any interviews for quite a long time now, but heh, Im going to write a small "lfs world making of" guide, maybe it will turn out funny
dunno yet.. Just need some time
Quote from three_jump :I want a new Interview with the devs

Yeah, that would be nice, but hopefully the interviewer will
ask the really hard questions. Not the same boring stuff about LFS, like
when S-3 will be ready or whatever. No I mean the REALLY hard questions.
Such as:
The truth about the rumor involving Eric and Jeniffer Anniston.
Or is it true Victor can't get a visa to travel to Greenland due
to security concerns. Is Scawen wanted in Utah and New Jersey for
ripping off homeowners with a kitchen remodelling scam?
You know, stuff like that. Noone ever asks those questions.
Quote from Racer Y :Or is it true Victor can't get a visa to travel to Greenland due
to security concerns.

If you don't know it, Greenland is a part of Denmark.
Uhm, it's "owned" by Denmark or whatever you would say! :P
Quote from Scawen :Well there's about 5% in transaction charges then about 10% goes to VAT (some payments are exempt from VAT). So another 35% for income tax, national insurance, server costs, etc doesn't seem unlikely. I'm just estimating 50%, more or less... just pointing out that we don't actually end up with £24 for each license, as some people assume. And it's a similar story for all businesses of course, not just ours.

for others who don't know, i confirm it! taxes are about or more than 50% (roughly), doing some maths is like each one of you had an employment with about 2000€ monthly income (not considering costs like hardware, software licenses, etc.), which is a regular income and honestly i think you three deserve more (i already paid, so i can be sooo generous ... )

i always tought sells were much less...i'm happy for you i was wrong
If Vic put a donate button on the web site, I've a feeling it would get used a LOT
It might almost seem greedy to some and i know the dev's would never ask for such a thing but I for one feel my £24 doesn't quite cover how much fun i've had playing LFS. jeez £35 for GTR (played it for 2 weeks) and about the same for rFactor makes me feel almost guilty for paying so little for what is an UNBEATABLE game

How many licences
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG