The online racing simulator
Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
#76 - JTbo
Quote from Don :uhm...whats the point of such photo?

What is point in life? We value different things, for some Autumn leaves are most inspiring, for some sunset, one may prefer sunrise yet one prefers stars, where is point really?

I don't think it is important what you shoot as long as you get satisfaction from it and enjoy what you do, every photo has own challenges, every time you take photo it gets small story to go with, so is there need for point at the end?

#77 - Ast
#78 - Don
very nice shots fella
#80 - JTbo
I did order Nikon D40 today, perhaps next weekend I can already test it. Until then I practise with my Canon Ixus 75.

Here is small advert of Finnish autumn
I have a Nikon D70s with an 18-70mm f/4.5 and a 28-200 f/4.5
Quote from XCNuse :I'm starting this thread, because I've seen some photos from some of you guys back at RSC, and I know many of you enjoy photography, and I just got my first SLR camera so it has really helped inspire me.

Made a deal with my dad to get the camera for some work, and bought a separate lens and flash since then.

Nikon D40
18-55mm AF-S II ED DX Nikkor
55-200mm AF-S ED-IF AF-S DX VR Nikkor
SB-400 Nikkor Speed Flash
Hoya Polarizing filter for both lenses
Cobra Holster
Tamrac Explorer 5501 (just got it to hold my flash and other lens altogether)
Nikon Tripod (no idea where it came from)

P.S. For those curious how to take a picture like that, just get near a window or bright light, and put up some posterboard up against a wall or whatever so you get a quarter pipe. (I didn't notice the first time around, but putting shiny side up gives a nice reflection too).

P.P.S. This would also be a good place to expel some photograph tips and tricks for those seeking them.

Same Camera as me, but I've yet got everything I want. I'll be getting the Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR Lens and the Nikon SB-800 Speedlight i-TTL Flash, considering the two are close to a $900 I'm not able to get them right away. I figure I'll get the flash first because the Nikon DX AF-S NIKKOR 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6GII ED is a decent lens for right and the 70-300mm VR lens is $499 so I'll wait until after Christmas to buy that. I'm experiencing the headache of the cost for Nikon lenses and filters, I think the flash is affordable and it comes in handy for them dark and continuous shots that require a light source. I've had to reset my camera like 3 times because the settings get all messed up and I forget to switch to P,S,A,M,
Attached images
Mill Creek River.jpg
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Got a cheapie Quantaray (Sigma) 100-300mm AF lens the other day for my K100D.

A few test pics here: http://www.pentaxforums.com/fo ... irst-images-new-lens.html

Weather's been too gloomy lately to do much more with it.

Pretty nice! It seems to have a good depth of field.

On of my more better pics lately, I am sure this will send about 85% of this forum into fits of anger.

GOOD.
damn, that's super sharp.

not sure I love the framing but man, what an exposure.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :damn, that's super sharp.

not sure I love the framing but man, what an exposure.

I cropped the pole, since it was titled about 20 degrees.

Camera is a Nikon D50, Used a Nikor 55-200mm with circular polarizer; I usually touch up photos using PS, but this came straight out of the camera. Well, I did crop it, which I hate doing, as I think crops should be done at the point the photo was taken.

It probably also helped I cleaned the mirror and sensor the night before.
#88 - JTbo
i just got the latest sony cybershot, cant remember the model name, its 8.1mp 5x optical zoom, free 2gb memory card, touch screen
#90 - Don
Awesome pictures Don! What sort of event was that because people don't have helmets?
#92 - Don
it was a meeting of local rally drivers - they competed in various disciplines - ATVs, short stage in the village, go-karts, drifting inside an 8-track and playstation (unfortunately i had to leave before those last 2 events)
#93 - JTbo
Did you have noise reduction on or off in those shots?

I have noticed that it can loose somewhat lot of detail and often turn it off, but sometimes it is quite hard to decide if it is worth to keep it on or off.

Great pics again
#94 - Don
Off. I dunno how it copes with sequential shooting? is it able to shoot sequence and do the noise reduction? It wasnt just the high iso, but also the fog that caused that much noise.
My wife woke up to go shopping early on what we call "Black Friday", the day after Thanksgiving. Huge sales for Christmas shopping. If we weren't dead broke and concentrating all on the kids, I would have a very nice $70 Sony 7.2 megapixel to share photos with. After the 5 am-9 am sale, it is now $159 I think.

My old Fuji 2 mp camera is just an embarrassment to try to post photos. It took nicer pictures than the latest and greatest 3 mp cameras at the time, but can't compare now.

Well, a page with a few of my pictures on some of my rides on the motorcycle....

http://members.fortunecity.com ... /motorcycles/pictures.htm
Anyone got leads where to get a new Nikon D80 body for under 700–650ish euros in Finland/EU?
#97 - JTbo
Quote from Don :Off. I dunno how it copes with sequential shooting? is it able to shoot sequence and do the noise reduction? It wasnt just the high iso, but also the fog that caused that much noise.

My guess is that it would slow down, but what I know for sure that photos look less sharp with it too, instead of noise you get blur and that spoils some photos really efficiently.

Not much to shoot here lately, wet snow or almost completely melted snow, light so bad that everything looks very sad and I don't like sad photos
Quote from JTbo :Not much to shoot here lately, wet snow or almost completely melted snow, light so bad that everything looks very sad and I don't like sad photos

Same here. I was down in Florida last weekend, which was better, but I was too stuffed with food and/or drunk to do much shooting.
Quote from JTbo :Not much to shoot here lately, wet snow or almost completely melted snow, light so bad that everything looks very sad and I don't like sad photos

Don't know where 'here' is, but at Rovaniemi/Napapiiri (818kms from Helsinki) it's snowy. The northest Finland road-weather-camera picture we can use is from Näätämö (14:06 local time). And if you want to know where Näätämo is click this link ('hybrid' view is recommended). That would be one dream place to live: always first at gas station, roads/cars are not ruined with constant salt-sand pouring, I do hope they have teh INet though .

Oh yes, pictures...mhmm...not much to show really, but...ehm...how about this one. We had snow like 2 meters or smth , all we could see was the tree branches..

NB: Picture not taken this year; noname camera used.

Edit: 01.12.2007 Road-camera-pics gone, sry.
Attached images
snow123.jpg
North is very different from this quite south where I live, only wet and tiny bit of snow. Of course that is just lame excuse as if one really would try there would be magnificient targets to shoot

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG