The online racing simulator
Stupid road signs
(57 posts, started )
Stupid road signs
Quite an amusing pair of signs, basically, for those who don't know, the white sign with the black diagonal stripe means "national speed limit", which is 60mph for a single carridgeway road, try doing 60mph down this "road" LOL.

Funny thing is, satnav's see this road that is just round the corner from my house as a minor road, hence it sends people up there, with some interesting results sometimes LOL
Attached images
Picture 014.jpg
Lol, thats some dump plassing of signs
LOL imagine Dan doing 60 down that on the bike....priceless
You could have fun rallying down that road.
Could just be that someone has spun the signs around.
(not a road sign but i figured i post it anyway )
Attached images
wo lang.jpg
Overrated speed limits, gotta love them
We have many of those in Finland. A lot of gravel roads don't have speedlimit signs on them, therefore the limit is 80km/h. Great for rallying
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :You could have fun rallying down that road.
Could just be that someone has spun the signs around.

No, it's quite a well known council error round here, I think they leave it there for fun
In US of A the speed limits are horribly underrated, where I live at least.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted : (not a road sign but i figured i post it anyway )

Wonder if they ever though over that before they plassed those signs. Lol, wth is the fire exit? xP
30 Zone ends and immediately begins again i love it
Attached images
30zone.jpg
kleiner-waldweg.jpg
LMAO at those two pictures! :ices_rofl

Wonder why there was no picture on the sign that said that it was illegal to drive there with tractors, since it was forbidden with automobiles and bikes
funnily enough, the first one isnt really rare over here in my area....
theres one about 70 miles from where i live. Its the national speedlimit sign. And about 15 metres after it, there is a cliff (fortunatly the road is closed now)
LOL! Talk about a flying car

Anyway, near where I live, there's a speed hump. And right next to it, a national speed limit sign. I bet the local garages are doing a roaring trade in repairs from that one

Go figure

For more of this stuff, check the Snopes messageboard, they have an entire thread dedicated to stupid signs

DK
I don't have a picture of it, but somewhere here is a sign saying "Onbewaakte overgang", wich means "unguarded railroad crossing". The fun bit is, it's in the middle of about 15 tracks.
Quote from Evoluti0n_II :30 Zone ends and immediately begins again i love it

you dont have a drivers licence do you ?
that combination of signs makes perfect sense

and dan ... i love it
Quote from Shotglass :you dont have a drivers licence do you ?
that combination of signs makes perfect sense

I do have a drivers license and that combination of signs makes no sense to me
There is a slight difference on a speedlimit zone sign and a regular speedlimit sign, but still doesn't make much sense
Other sign ends the ZONE. The other sign tells the current speed limit, but it is not a speed zone sign. So the key word is zone. At least here they teach what zone means. The new speed sign just happens to have the same speed as the ending zone had.
Quote from ajp71 :I do have a drivers license and that combination of signs makes no sense to me

the sign ends a 30 zone which most of all means 2 things

1) _all_ roads in that zone have a limit of 30 (or lower in some cases)
2) right before left is the rule on _every_ intersection

so the combination of signs has 2 meanings
1) if you turn off the road (after you see those 2 signs) the limit is automatically 50 (assuming theres no new limit sign on the road you turned off to)
2) the rules on who has the right of way can change significantly
Quote from Shotglass :
2) the rules on who has the right of way can change significantly

Not in England..(or Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)..
We don't have silly interchangeable give way/priorities like they do on the continent.. (for example, the French 'cede le passage a droit' rule.)
Here it is clear cut, minor roads always give way to major roads, and (mostly) those on a roundabout have priority over those joining a roundabout.

I actually passed a driving test IN FRANCE, and one question was:
"If four vehicles arrive simultaneously at a four way intersection that is unmarked, then who has the right of way?"

I pissed myself when I heard the answer...it was the one with the biggest engine!!!!!
Quote from Bladerunner :
I actually passed a driving test IN FRANCE, and one question was:
"If four vehicles arrive simultaneously at a four way intersection that is unmarked, then who has the right of way?"

I pissed myself when I heard the answer...it was the one with the biggest engine!!!!!

LOL, that can't be real.

The real question for me would be what do you do in a simaller situation were all the vechels are the same type.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :LOL, that can't be real.

The real question for me would be what do you do in a simaller situation were all the vechels are the same type.

The one who has the biggest balls. It's all just a game of chicken.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The real question for me would be what do you do in a simaller situation were all the vechels are the same type.

The car on your left goes before you.

Sligthly Offtopic, but made me laugh.

Stupid road signs
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG