The online racing simulator
Stupid road signs
(57 posts, started )
When I first started making signs, I had this restaurant manager order a sign for his business. It said: Parking for Drive thru customers only. He had a good reason for having that, but at face value, it sounded totally stupid.
A shame the first is a bad photo edit. Second is amusing
I haven't got it on my PC, but I have a photo of a friend of mine's car crashed into the 'Welcome to Tealby, please drive carefully though our village' sign.
Here are some from Australia. Yes suburban electric trains did once go to some rural areas. The rest are oddities or mistakes
Attached images
toomanylights.jpg
Ford4WDonly.JPG
givewayinverted.JPG
ford ahead.JPG
Quick Sand Sign.jpg
suburbantrainatcrossing.JPG
I heard that Australia is trying a new method to reduce speeding. They are saying that males speed to compensate for their small penis size. I don't know if this is true or not. My friend read it in the paper. He said that there are billboards using this method. Quite funny in my opinion.
Speeding for small p***s size LOL XD
lol i know it sounds funny but i'm serious..my friend told me he read about it in the paper. I'm asking the Aussie's if its true or not.
Those national speed limit signs at the start of tiny country lanes always make me chuckle because you just know some idiot in a Nova is going to write his car off racing down there.
Quote from kiss me :i remember this from gta:sa

It was also seen in GTA:VC. Not sure if it was in GTA3 though.
This sign is in Hasselt at the train/bus station. Literally translated it means: kissing lane.
Attached images
Zoenstrook.jpg
Quote from sgt.flippy :This sign is in Hasselt at the train/bus station. Literally translated it means: kissing lane.

at my older school it said: kiss 'n go
wich means: ditch the kids and floor it
I've stripped the off-topic posts (the user generated signs) into another thread and closed it. This one is genuinely amusing and is fine to keep going.

If you don't know what's wrong with that sign, try closing your eyes...
quick side track (but not OT..)

Have any UK drivers noticed that the vast majority of 'Take a Break' signs appear just before (EXPENSIVE!) motorway service areas??
Quote from Bladerunner :quick side track (but not OT..)

Have any UK drivers noticed that the vast majority of 'Take a Break' signs appear just before (EXPENSIVE!) motorway service areas??

All service stations are expensive, but of course they do, the idea is they make you think "hmm, I'm tired, I should take a rest and have a coffee".
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Quote from Christofire :They say that the UK is suffering from over-signing on the roads. I think they went a bit overboard with this one, I mean, it's not that bad:

I still think the US is far worse for road signs.

OT: Advertising bill boards are even worse. Make the place look a mess. Glad they aren't allowed signs like that back home.
A collection of road signs placed on a roundabout near me, (granted, it's a sculpture) in Cardiff

Stupid road signs
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG