The online racing simulator
#1 - richo
About time for the new models to hit the Dealerships?
Mmmm i have been driving my high mileage XF GTi for quite a few years and i really want to trade it in on the 07 model GTi but i,m having trouble finding any dealerships to help me out has anyone got any ideas?

Seriously this is not a stab at the Devs or anyone or LFS , but dont you feel the cars are really dated? 80s Starion's , 90s Celica's Late 90's Supras etc etc

Leave there performance and handling alone its excellent as is but the cars really need a freshen up..

Dear God dont let them crucify me
But new cars are mostly heavy piles of plastic and you can't see out from the windows because the thick pillars that which give 5 star safety ratings. They can suck bad. :P

But maybe a super car in the way they should be, powerful and light. That would be something...
#3 - ajp71
@Richo - It would be wrong to just give new models with the same physics because modern cars are in general heavier, over-assisted PoS. The late 80s cars we've got are much truer enthusiasts cars and much more what LFS is about, it would be a great shame to loose them.
The only car that would benefit from the '07 treatment is the RAC (well okay its more '06 or something isnt it? )

-1 to new models, the cars havent changed since S1, and thats how it should be.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
I mean updating our RA from the '02 to the '06 model

EDIT: '05 not '06 sorry
#6 - richo
Quote from VTiRoj :The only car that would benefit from the '07 treatment is the RAC (well okay its more '06 or something isnt it? )

-1 to new models, the cars havent changed since S1, and thats how it should be.

Exactly, every car/model gets updated why not ours?

Real world, all these cars would be shitboxes with a 10000000kms and rooted
We strive for reality with this sim, it would be totally unread for a car manufacturer to keep the same product line for what 6-7 years?

Keep the lineage at all costs but update the poor old boxy 80's specials
Update? It would be the same amount of work to have both - RA2 and RA6
Blimey, it takes 2 years to get updated cockpits, could you imagine how long it would take to get re-modelled and updated cars?, they'd be out of date by the time we get em.

(tongue in cheek humour BTW )
Yes i think more modern looking cars would be cool, but i'm not really in a rush for them. Maybe after S2 final has been release we'll get a car moderniser patch!
Quote from richo :Mmmm i have been driving my high mileage XF GTi for quite a few years and i really want to trade it in on the 07 model GTi but i,m having trouble finding any dealerships to help me out has anyone got any ideas?

Seriously this is not a stab at the Devs or anyone or LFS , but dont you feel the cars are really dated? 80s Starion's , 90s Celica's Late 90's Supras etc etc

Leave there performance and handling alone its excellent as is but the cars really need a freshen up..

id love a st165 celica , id outrun and car and track
Some things get better as they age... but otherwise there's the LRFs, the F1 and a few others.
Quote from richo :Mmmm i have been driving my high mileage XF GTi for quite a few years and i really want to trade it in on the 07 model GTi but i,m having trouble finding any dealerships to help me out has anyone got any ideas?

The problem is that you're driving a FWD, unreliable, POS! It was never designed for track use. I'm sure the book value is less than what you owe on it, but if it still has any value left, trade it in for a XRG before it falls apart completely!
what do you mean redone?? soften up the edges like FZ50? NO WAY dude
#14 - Gunn
I was born in the '60s, so I'm pretty neutral either way. Old, new.... doesn't bother me.
I'm with the rest of you guys. Modern cars suck. Give me mid-80's cars any day. Though I'd say we are driving early 90's cars in LFS. Early 90's were not to bad. The start of the computerization age, but none of this TC, anti-lock, etc crap. It won't be long before we are completely disconnected from the car and driving with fly-by-wire. That will suck. Our recently aquired forktrucks at work are all now fly-by-wire. Complete pieces of crap. Steering wheel never returns to the same spot, throttle response is non-existant, and so many safety features to get the thing moving that it takes 10 minutes just to pick something up and move it 5 feet. Have to start it with the parking brake on, or it won't move. Have to have your foot on the brake before putting in gear, or it will never move. Stuff like that will be in the cars in the future.

-1 to modern cars, fictionally simulated or real.
+1 to more vintage cars.
#16 - mr_x

I've brought this up before, and got the flaming banana.

I really can't see how the look of a car will do any harm. They don't have to handle like modern cars, they're fictional remember, nothing wrong with a modern look with slightly older handling characteristics.

I'm quite a big fan of modern car designs (the new Mondeo especially!). I think they look the part compared to older 'boxes on wheels'
XRT and RB4 are the worst, (not inculding UF1) lets change the RB4 to look like an evo 9 or 22b?
#18 - Gunn
Quote from andybarsblade :... lets change the RB4 to look like an evo 9 or 22b?

No please. I'd rather inhale a bag of live scorpions. :zombie:
lol ok, maybe not
#20 - Gunn
Well, they'd be those small ones with the dark claws. Not those big African ones.
The RB4 would turn into a Celica of sorts, not a Subaru :-/
#23 - Tomi
Quote from mrodgers :I'm with the rest of you guys. Modern cars suck. Give me mid-80's cars any day. Though I'd say we are driving early 90's cars in LFS. Early 90's were not to bad. The start of the computerization age, but none of this TC, anti-lock, etc crap. It won't be long before we are completely disconnected from the car and driving with fly-by-wire. That will suck. Our recently aquired forktrucks at work are all now fly-by-wire. Complete pieces of crap. Steering wheel never returns to the same spot, throttle response is non-existant, and so many safety features to get the thing moving that it takes 10 minutes just to pick something up and move it 5 feet. Have to start it with the parking brake on, or it won't move. Have to have your foot on the brake before putting in gear, or it will never move. Stuff like that will be in the cars in the future.

-1 to modern cars, fictionally simulated or real.
+1 to more vintage cars.

Though I'd also like vintage looking&handling cars too, there are still good modern cars which emphasize on driver input/output. Lotus Elise/Exige and TVRs come to my mind right now.

I'd love to see a good looking rear mid engined LFS car and a front engined one which would look as good as a modern TVR Tuscan.
Quote from Tomi :Though I'd also like vintage looking&handling cars too, there are still good modern cars which emphasize on driver input/output. Lotus Elise/Exige and TVRs come to my mind right now.

I'd love to see a good looking rear mid engined LFS car and a front engined one which would look as good as a modern TVR Tuscan.

Well, when I posted that, I admit my mind was on more normal road cars such as the GTi/GT class and the RB4/FXO/GTT (oops, sorry Hankstar, the XRT ) class. When I think about cars and think of modern cars, I think of the current Celica, Acura RS (or whatever the Integra evolved into) and stuff like that compared with a raw bones 85 VW GTi or 80's RX7 stuff.

Being from over here in the US, when I think cars, I don't think of Ferarri, Porsche, Lotus, as I think I've only ever seen maybe 2 of each my entire life.... Ferarri is a real sight as they are extremely rare to see. I've seen 1 Lamborghini (Diablo) ever. Porsche is a bit more common. In fact, I stopped at the store this morning on the way to work and saw this guy, though it is not modern....

http://www.autoxphotos.com/gal ... 253&box=&shownew=

A sweet ride that is. His side window pointed me to racePA.com, which I visited and browsed around this morning.

To the guy in the linked picture... You on here? I saw some LFS/GTL/GTR stuff on racePA.com there....
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from mrodgers :Being from over here in the US, when I think cars, I don't think of Ferarri, Porsche, Lotus, as I think I've only ever seen maybe 2 of each my entire life.... Ferarri is a real sight as they are extremely rare to see. I've seen 1 Lamborghini (Diablo) ever. Porsche is a bit more common. In fact, I stopped at the store this morning on the way to work and saw this guy, though it is not modern....

i see porsches all the friggen time around here...but maybe that has something to do with the Porsche NA headquarters literally being 1/2 mile from where i work. Ferarris are pretty rare, as are lambos, but do see a few of them as there is an exotic car dealership near work as well. so i occassionally see people test driving murcielagos, gallardos, elises, 430s, 612s, etc.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG