The online racing simulator
#1 - Thill
3/4 dont give a **** , why should I?
sorry but i just have to get that off my chest ..

Wtf should i care if I ram/push somebody from the track if 3/4 of the ppl dont give a damn and nobody seems to care anyway ? Yesterday I managed to survive maybe 5-6 races out of hmm like 15. So today I think to myself "it was prolly just your luck , new day wont be that bad" but nooo now i managed to survive 2 out of 5 races. Most of them finished at t1 or t2 and mind you mostly I was starting from the first 6-10 position so i thought tat means ppl know what the middle pedal is used for ....

Sometimes I think ppl in the back of the pack try to drive more carefully than the leading positions cause they are scared to be called noobs , but after they reach the first 10 they automaticly think they dont need break anymore...

Breaks are not for pussies , the look left/right buttons are also VERY USEFULL!!
Eh, because your a bigger person, mature, etc... Maybe not then...
Few things here

1 Some of us has not got a middle peddles
2. Yes back of the pack should keep at the bake till the 1st corner is over then they can start racing cause it should save u from crashing
#4 - GabbO
Race in leagues, or on combos that are not so popular.
Than you have a higher possibility to find grown up people.

But don´t stop to care yourself for being clean, or otherwise things
won´t ever get better..
Best thing to do is hook up with a group of tight knit racers that you know you can trust. I always tend to race with people I know on the GFC server. And then when other people join, they see that we are all driving properly they tend to do the same. If not they get kicked.
Because sometimes people care about doing good in games. Sometimes they couldn't care any less.

Ever hear the saying that the way one person acts affects those around him?
Same concept. If you're pissed off, more people will start to get pissed off, if you're happy, more people are happy.
#7 - Thill
ehh just makes me furious , I try to race clean , if i see somebody is clearly overtaking then I try to leave him as much room as possible or hide behind him , try to use my breaks and common sense , sure its a racing sim ppl want to race toe by toe but jees if you dont know how to do it then pls dont

Sure I make mistakes as does everybody now and then but at least when i push somebody out I try to wait for him and at least appologise(sp?) , but I see that ppl dont bother with that to much nowadays

Ehh guess it's just my bad luck or something then Well time to go to the dentist
Rules for clean races.

1) Stay away from Code dodgers servers

Feel free to add more rules
2) Stay away from Cone Dodgers' servers.

Are there servers that bad?
Quote from danowat :Rules for clean races.

1) Stay away from Code dodgers servers

Feel free to add more rules

2) Write "DO NOT HIT" on the back

I try to race clean myself, I back off when I get too close around corners and such, but its a shame no one else does just as mentioned above, race with close friends, at least then crashes wont be so serious, since you'll laugh it off with your buddy
Quote from faster111 :Are there servers that bad?

HELL YES, they need some SERIOUS moderation, well, the mods are just as bad, I suggest just giving them a VERY wide berth.
Quote from Thill :
3/4 dont give a **** , why should I?

That is a dangerous mentality that leads to circular logic. If 3/4 people are murderers why shouldn't I be one too? And why are those 3/4 murderers? Because they think the same as you do!
Quote from danowat :HELL YES, they need some SERIOUS moderation, well, the mods are just as bad, I suggest just giving them a VERY wide berth.

Oh eck am staying away from them then.
Quote from danowat :HELL YES, they need some SERIOUS moderation, well, the mods are just as bad, I suggest just giving them a VERY wide berth.

Well, its not easy to admin two full servers 24/7.
Quote from MyBoss :Well, its not easy to admin two full servers 24/7.

Didn't say it was, but they are a complete mess, the XFR/UFR one is a total shambles, they do have mod's on there, but they seem to care less
Hmm I think the problem might be that on the big grids if an incident happens, and well they do which is normal for racing, the people behind it think "hey a crash this offers opportunity to get by 5 people at once" instead of think "hey a crash maybe I should lift, maybe even brake, take a bit more care, wait for a gap so I can drive through without creating a big pileup"...

The problem is though with real racing if such a big crash would happen safety car would come out, and those that where nice enough to wait for the crashed cars to roll to the side of the track have a chance to catch up with the rest of the field.
While in LFS if you are carefull wait for the big crash to settle so you can drive through cleanly the other cars will be half a lap away already. So maybe it could be cool if the AI gets boosted for patch Y it could be used as a safety car feature ?!

Well just my 2 cents of what I've seen on the big grid servers, yellow flags don't mean, "Floor it, you can now pass em all in one swoop." ....

greetz and enjoy the game
There are so many threads like this one I'm amazed there is anyone out there that DOESN'T drive cleanly
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Well if you get involved all the tiem maybe you could ask yourself, why?
It might have somthing to do with you too, i dont know. You mentioned middle of the pack earlier. It is also responsible to hold your line in middle of pack, and whilst braking for T1 you cant just turn in and blame others for bashing you at the back because they might dont have enough room to go around you. Hell, if you take a look at former OCR members (now SK); even there you find individuals who think that they are just so much better than everybody else, thus giving them rights to bash, and they are known as a very good team. My advice learn to get around those incidents. You have to learn what to expect, go around the mayhem and after that its all good. But it is something that needs praccy to do.

Quote from PwrSlave :My advice learn to get around those incidents. You have to learn what to expect, go around the mayhem and after that its all good. But it is something that needs praccy to do.

Yes but when you have learnt that and do sucessfully get around the chaos thats about the time they all vote for a restart
Quote from Glenn67 :Yes but when you have learnt that and do sucessfully get around the chaos thats about the time they all vote for a restart

Haha yeah, or if you brake to avoid the carnage and wait for a gap to drive through, you get smashed by the other cars behind you anyway
Quote from Doorman :There are so many threads like this one I'm amazed there is anyone out there that DOESN'T drive cleanly

It's because not everyone reads the forums.
Interestingly enough we've just introduced a 'no passing under yellow' rule in the GFC to help with these kinds of situations.

It's sad but true what Sinbad says - lift and get taken out from behind.

I think nothing will ever change on the public servers accept maybe those that are populated by team members or league racers.
#24 - Gunn
Chicks dig clean racers. Everybody knows that. :rolleyes:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG