The online racing simulator
I think that the best solution is to behave the way you want the others to behave too. Like someone else has already said, everyone can choose to be either part of the problem or part of the solution. Talking about clean racing here in this forum seems futile :-)

I never engage in any kind of "revenge" (because it doesn't make me feel any better and because I definitely don't want someone else seeing me crashing on purpose) other than trying to defeat the person in a totally clean way (which is actually the only thing that makes me feel better).

My way of surviving the races is not getting angry when you are shot down (hey, why let anyone to ruin your day?! take it easy - self-discipline is a way to go) but trying to climb back to the position I deserve and finishing the race in a respectable way. For me, it is almost the same fun as winning itself (which rarely happens because I'm still too new to LFS :-)

Shortly: don't go for a win, go for the racing itself! Take the win as a bonus of having the fun of racing.

I also agree that a lot of T1 wrecking in the crowded races may be due to hardware/lag/framerate/FOV issues because it has happened to me too (sorry!) ... and realizing this may help you in coping with it mentally. Nothing is perfect. Have fun!
#77 - Iron
Quote from ORBman :I think that the best solution is to behave the way you want the others to behave too.

I fully agree. However the majority don't think like this. Treat others they way you want them to treat you. Maybe they want me to wreck them?

Quote :My way of surviving the races is not getting angry when you are shot down (hey, why let anyone to ruin your day?! take it easy - self-discipline is a way to go) but trying to climb back to the position I deserve and finishing the race in a respectable way. For me, it is almost the same fun as winning itself (which rarely happens because I'm still too new to LFS :-)

Shortly: don't go for a win, go for the racing itself!

I don't get angry because I don't win if I get taken out, but because of the way others think. It simply gets me angry that how selfish they drive, only thinking about themselfs, and not about the consequences of their behavior. It gets me angry if I have to back off because the other guy doesn't give room and if I don't back off, we'll crash. So they think 'See! If I drive this way, I'll get rewarded.', because it's always me, who backs off.

Quote :Take the win as a bonus of having the fun of racing.

But the thing is, for me the fun of racing lies in close battles. Otherway the racing is just hotlapping. If i get taken out, i obviously don't get close battles, and if the other drivers are driving they way I described it i don't get it either.

Quote :I also agree that a lot of T1 wrecking in the crowded races may be due to hardware/lag/framerate/FOV issues because it has happened to me too (sorry!) ... and realizing this may help you in coping with it mentally. Nothing is perfect. Have fun!

I know this sounds harsh, and I'm not even really sure that I mean it, but: If your equipment doesn't allow you to race properly, than you have to do something about it. I could compare it to something like a broken brake pedal. I'm sure if I were telling everybody that I keep ramming them off the track because my brake pedal is faulty, they would tell me to go repair it.
Quote from Iron :It gets me angry if I have to back off because the other guy doesn't give room and if I don't back off, we'll crash. So they think 'See! If I drive this way, I'll get rewarded.', because it's always me, who backs off.

I know what you mean but if you always back off you never know if the opponent wasn't just playing a mental game of bluffing the block ... my english sucks but I hope it's clear what I have on my mind. Don't get me wrong: I never do this(*) and I always try to leave a room even if the opponent doesn't push his nose beside me before the corner entry when I feel the one behind me is faster and is obviously going for much higher final position than me. On the other side, sometimes it is hard to check your sides especially when there is someone right in front of you and checking the sides on corner entries may result in ramming the one who is in front of you (if be brakes a little bit harder/sooner).

(*) to be honest, I could think of doing it if it is the last corner before the finish line...

If someone doesn't leave a room for me so I have to back off to avoid the contact I would send him a warning message that he isn't racing cleanly and that the next time he doesn't leave a room I won't back off. If you are attacking from the inside, the chance is that the contact would hurt him a little bit more than you...

Quote from Iron :
I know this sounds harsh, and I'm not even really sure that I mean it, but: If your equipment doesn't allow you to race properly, than you have to do something about it. I could compare it to something like a broken brake pedal. I'm sure if I were telling everybody that I keep ramming them off the track because my brake pedal is faulty, they would tell me to go repair it.

I know what you mean but it is not clear where is the line between the equipment which allows you to race properly and the one that doesn't. I don't have this problem in every T1 just occasionally when there are a lot of cars around me ... and I'm not even sure if the problem is in me or the others when I see strange/chaotic movements of some cars in front of me. I try to back off when I experience this and leave more room in front of me (no russian rulet). I definitely do not feel like that I "keep ramming" ... just that it has already happened to me too and that I have tried to learn from it to minimize the probability of repeating the same mistake again. You can be sure that I was feeling really bad...

Maybe the simulation of collisions could be a little bit "softer" when it detects lagging environment?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG