The online racing simulator
Post pics of your LFS cockpit.
Didnt find a thread, always interesting to see everyones "cockpits" or wheel setups. Post your pics up! Im at work right now, I just have my G25 attached up to my desk, but I will post pics when I get off work:

For now, heres a pic of my old setup, I had to move and could not take it with me:

Im going to build a new one sometime soon, probably going to use PVC pipe this time around.

Post up pictures of your guys setup!
Looks like thats mostly PC specs with the occasional "rig". I dont care about the computer specs, I want to see the wheel setups and the cockpits people have made
man this was taken so long ago... my old computer ! yes ahhaa
its almost unchanged, the 'handbrake' is no longer there but its basically the same, i have more junk laying around, some hubcaps .. junk.. its not nearly as clean looking as it was in this picture
dang that was taken in may of 2004..

DAMN! look at that comfy chair! (its not) lol
Attached images
P5280264 (Large).JPG
^^^^^^^^^ I like your ghetto rigged e-brake there. lol
Yah I like that e-brake Idea haha. Heres mine. I really want to make a cockpit, I feel like Im driving a truck I sit so high up :P
Attached images
DSCF1102.JPG
DSCF1106.JPG
DSCF1108.JPG

here's mine...
Blimey.

My table and chair just doesn't compare :ashamed:
Quote from sethmobr :Yah I like that e-brake Idea haha. Heres mine. I really want to make a cockpit, I feel like Im driving a truck I sit so high up :P

Nice monitor
God only knows how people can shift on the right, I tried it when my desk was in the corner of my room, thus the only way the shifter would fit and I couldn't shift as fast or smooth as I can on the left. I also find having the shifter the same level as the wheel uncomfortable, so I use a draw to make it lower.

My "cockpit", I really need to get round to making one, and getting a fixed chair, one with wheels sucks when I brake.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :God only knows how people can shift on the right, I tried it when my desk was in the corner of my room, thus the only way the shifter would fit and I couldn't shift as fast or smooth as I can on the left. I also find having the shifter the same level as the wheel uncomfortable, so I use a draw to make it lower.

We feel the same way you do, but about the shifter being on the left . It's all about what you are accustomed to. I tried one time to join the UK City server and couldn't keep myself from driving on the right, LOL. Similarly, last night on the CLC Caribbean servers, someone from the UK was constantly getting yelled at because he was driving on the left. At first he kept asking why so many were driving on the wrong side of the road, LOL. Also, I'm the same way with what side of the car I'm in. Can't drive or judge a thing when I'm sitting on the right.

I don't have a cockpit. Just imagine a normal ordinary boring computer desk with a Momo Racing wheel attached and a leather office chair. There, you just saw my cockpit .
I can get used to the left/right side of the road thing easly, but it's shifting where I have problems with. Probably doesn't help that I learnt to drive when I was about 7 or 8, so it's natural to me now to put my left arm down to shift. Plus I was taught to remember where the clutch is because the clutch goes near the gear stick.

I guess it's a good thing Americans didn't design the shifter, or it'd be 1,2,3,D,N,R,P
I can change driver's place from left to right in LFS with no problem. but could never use shifter with left hand. Haven't ever tried, but I know I wouldn't feel comfortable.
When I come to Finland I have to drive with the shifter on the 'wrong' side. It takes about 20 minutes to get used to it and a couple of days for it to feel natural. Don't be so negative.
#21 - Pig
Here's some good pics of my setup:
Attached images
DSC00636.JPG
DSC00635.JPG
Driving
Pic

And yes, that is Windows Vista. Installed specifically for LFS Testing purposes. :-p
-
(lancergsr) DELETED by lancergsr
my noob den lmao :-D
Attached images
Picture 001.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG