The online racing simulator
680+ km/h with XF GTI ???
(202 posts, started )
Quote from tweaK_05 :Not sure if this has been mentioned before or what. I started getting tired of reading people yelling at one another.

Anyways, What could be done is exactly what the people at http://www.steambans.com did. Basically you can report a cheater and after review, they get added to a list. People on the list don't get to play on servers running the steambans mod. Where LFS doesn't nearly have the same amount of players as the cs/dod/etc, we could create a LFS:AC team (ac standing for anti-cheat). Simply anyone caught cheating on S2 servers, gets their account banned. Team could consist of trusted community members to take the load off the developers. And since you can pretty much instantly tell the difference between a cheater and a normal racer, I don't think it would be a very timely process. Only thing that would worry me is about the demo servers. The dev's would have to make it so you have to register before you can play on demo servers. And they would have to add some sort of anti-multiple account creation system aswell. Plus we could even use it to take care of idi and all the other wreckers out there.

But either way, that security loop should be dealt with first.

http://barricade.ukct.net/

Registering on the demo will never work. It should be easy to play to attract people to play it. If people want to wreck like iDi they'll just make mutiple accounts, what are you going to tie it to? E-mail addresses can be made in seconds for free.

Keiran
Quote from keiran :Registering on the demo will never work. It should be easy to play to attract people to play it. If people want to wreck like iDi they'll just make mutiple accounts, what are you going to tie it to? E-mail addresses can be made in seconds for free.

A demo 'license' could be completely automated and transparent, generated from a hardware ID upon connecting to the master server. Tie the ID to a "guest19528" username and you've got proper bans in demo. It wouldn't really be necessary to go any further, an lfs.net/forum account could still be separate, guest usernames which havent been used in a week could just be deleted.
Quote from KENWOOD :2 SC http://tdw.uw.hu/LFS1.bmp http://tdw.uw.hu/LFS2.bmp

EDIT by Scawen : Removed the IMG tags. You must not post images in that way, but you can post links of course. They are huge images and take ages to load. Some people here are on 56k modems. You should never post bmps on the net anyway. Use a compressed format like jpg.

are these pictures uploaded to the worlds slowest connection? i'm on a 40Mb connection here, and i can't download the pictures! illepall

it litterally takes forever......
must admit, this is the perfect excuse for me
i can only do a 1.08.01 (i think) at blackwood gp in the fxr and i have seen people go much faster, they must be all cheating

perfect excuse LOL

the reason like LFS is the fact that everybody is on an even level when starting out, the lack of engine mods etc etc was a big plus point, as if somebody is faster, you know they are a better driver.

bit worrying that some people maybe being a little crafty?
Well, Just to make you all happy my s2 license has been banned. Victor banned me for "spreading the cheat" when I never gave it to anyone and yet he has no proof. Ive emailed him several times and it seems he will not email me back. Thanks Victor.
Quote from keiran :
http://barricade.ukct.net/

Registering on the demo will never work. It should be easy to play to attract people to play it. If people want to wreck like iDi they'll just make mutiple accounts, what are you going to tie it to? E-mail addresses can be made in seconds for free.

Keiran

I'd tie it to their IP and an E-mail address. Even if both are changeable, there would be a lot of complications, and only a select few wreckers would be able to continue doing what they do best. But with regards to what filur said, I think that'd be the best solution. All we really need is something unique to stick to the players that won't change so they can be/stay banned.
Quote from filur :A demo 'license' could be completely automated and transparent, generated from a hardware ID upon connecting to the master server. Tie the ID to a "guest19528" username and you've got proper bans in demo. It wouldn't really be necessary to go any further, an lfs.net/forum account could still be separate, guest usernames which havent been used in a week could just be deleted.

+1 typical swedish: simple+effective!
Quote from tweaK_05 :I'd tie it to their IP and an E-mail address. Even if both are changeable, there would be a lot of complications, and only a select few wreckers would be able to continue doing what they do best. But with regards to what filur said, I think that'd be the best solution. All we really need is something unique to stick to the players that won't change so they can be/stay banned.

IP addresses are a bad way to ban someone. My IP address changes whenever I connect to the internet, and if I use TOR, it'll be changing even more. What if someone else on my ISP gets banned and I get their IP address, so I can't play until I reconnect.
what about the mac address? Well you can change the NIC when its not onboard or hack it somehow but this value is unique for each NIC, as far as i know. Onboard or not (i think). Hmm...
Not so unique. A lot of NIC drivers allow to change the MAC address and assign arbitrary values.
Quote from 510N3D :what about the mac address? Well you can change the NIC when its not onboard or hack it somehow but this value is unique for each NIC, as far as i know. Onboard or not (i think). Hmm...

Its easy to change MAC address on any NIC .. Also what MAC address would you use .. the router/ firewall doing the NAT or actually end user PC
Quote from Boxster3.4 :Its easy to change MAC address on any NIC .. Also what MAC address would you use .. the router/ firewall doing the NAT or actually end user PC

aww nutz, so theres still nothing to do agains wreckers/idiots in the demo? I remember as i was a demo user, i was p!ssed off by the behaviour of many many people and the kick/ ban was useless for many of those because they simple reconnect to the isp and thats it. Dont get me wrong, there was alot of fun besides that, i really enjoyed the time but some major idiots could mess everything up in minutes. (votes for clients disabled wasnt a help either) Maybe its one of the reason most of us changed to full but its not fair for those that cant afford this game or whatever the reason is/ will be. Some may also get a wrong picture because of that and do not get the full game.
Quote from cs_drag :omg i just read the first post how the hell did he do this???? illepall

By using a cheat. Which doesn't work anymore now.
Quote from cs_drag :omg i just read the first post how the hell did he do this???? illepall

So you decide to PM me and ask for it?

I didn't even make it, I aint even got the "speed hack" anymore. So Just quit bugging me about it.
Quote from spookthehamster :IP addresses are a bad way to ban someone. My IP address changes whenever I connect to the internet, and if I use TOR, it'll be changing even more. What if someone else on my ISP gets banned and I get their IP address, so I can't play until I reconnect.

I only suggested this because with my past experiance, it was much harder to get a new IP. And if for some reason, the developers listened to what I said, and they put my system into the demo, I'm sure they would work something out for you.

Anyways, the other idea with the hardware ID would pretty much take care of buisness and I now fully support that idea. I want to see it implemented into the demo so people running demo servers don't have to go through what I did.
Don't listen to him (Tweak) He's a lier, he is the crasher man, he started IDI and all what it is now (nothing)

But on a serious note, I don't care about demo, no offence to any demoers but they didn't pay for anything and there just there to test the game and it's online play, not have a nice stay and live happily ever after in the demo world.

The devs want people to buy S2, because S2 is being updated not demo, if demo was S2 would stop ad we paid fo rthe game so we are priority.

Anyway, funny that this thread is still alive even though the issue is dead and berried.
Are their any tools available to check a replay file if someone was cheating ?

Maybe the cheat-creator can create an anti-cheat tool ? At least he did a good job by making this known to the world. That's the best way to counter cheats.
download patch U20 from the test patch section and the cheaters are gone
Quote from ORION :download patch U20 from the test patch section and the cheaters are gone

The cheat also works in U20 I have read on this forum ?
Quote from Knarf :The cheat also works in U20 I have read on this forum ?

no, it doesnt...
Quote from LFSn00b :Bump, but i did read the pages 1-3. Very stupid. User makes a hack/cheat and tells it here. But i thought LFS were uncheatable? Well, i saw one in the demo servers when i was having fun with my mates. Some kind of drift hack. Dunno, i dont have a screenie, but it were always in app.45Degree drift. and making lots of 360s.

Nothing is uncheatable, it just is hard to cheat...
I don't understand why n00bish people would want to cheat to ruin a perfectly good game
Cheaters cheat because they suck and dont wanna accept that they are losers
The feel better when they win.
Have you ever pwn3d a cheater?
I bet there are more then 100 CS and SCPT players who stopped playing forever just because of me and my brother LOL

CS=Counter-Strike
SCPT=Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Some people also cheat to annoy other people. They feed on the attention they get.

680+ km/h with XF GTI ???
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG