The online racing simulator
680+ km/h with XF GTI ???
(202 posts, started )
yupp another poor boy that thinks everybody are stupid morons exept himself. But the details speaks for themselves. illepall
Quote from 510N3D :Disagreed, shuting up about this topic (cheats) is what we should not do in any case.

... did I say so? No! Why do you think I take part of this discussion? Right, because these cheaters destroy our game. The only thing I intended to point out was, that we should do what we can to clean our servers form those cheaters. That's all.
And the next one!!! F**k!! Anoying!!!!!!!!

If this cheating doesn't stop,I'll quit LFS until this cheatproblem is fixed!!

@This cheating looooooooooooooser!!: Go play offline!!! klbbadd2002 !!!

@Scawen,Eric and Victor:Please,stop these cheaters.They are ruining this great game!! I don't want to tread your nerves,but pleeeeeaaaaaaase help us to keep LFS clean!!!
An easy solution would be to remove the S2 license of every user who cheats. Thanks to the replays it should be easy to have an evidence.

We do have such a paragraph in the License Agreement, so why not use it?

Quote :Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=agreement
+1

I dont want such people in LFS.
Quote from Veiti :... did I say so? No! Why do you think I take part of this discussion? Right, because these cheaters destroy our game. The only thing I intended to point out was, that we should do what we can to clean our servers form those cheaters. That's all.

"there's really no need to lynch anybody"

so what does this means then? If i understand you with this comment you mean theres no need to publish this stuff here. I agree on that but not at all. See it this way. This is the first wave of cheating in lfs multiplayer and we have to make clear what happens if you cheat. We can stop publishing this (to the public (forum f.E.)) at a undefined point but for now, its nessesary to do so. I totally agree with the devs about the fact that this stuff forces others to think about to create some cheats n stuff but well they have the possibility to remove these players from the community and the game itself so i dont see there any problems but this: the amount of cheaters costs more work for the devs. It surely takes some time to remove 1 person but it will takes even longer to remove a bunch of punks. So indeed the first punks have the butt-card but its needed from my point of view.

and in case i missunderstood you, im sorry...damn language barriers...maybe send me a pm in german if theres still something to clear up.

greetings
Quote from 510N3D :If i understand you with this comment you mean theres no need to publish this stuff here.

Then you got me wrong. I just wanted to say that we not only have to say "let's lynch them" but we have to _do_ something. For we can't lynch anybody, we should ban them from our servers.

Quote from GP4Flo :An easy solution would be to remove the S2 license of every user who cheats. Thanks to the replays it should be easy to have an evidence.

We do have such a paragraph in the License Agreement, so why not use it?

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=agreement

...nice. +1 for that!
Quote from filur :In my opinion, finding the vulnerability itself was the helping bit. "Finding out" that you can cheat / hack / modify a program is nothing new, but this particular exploit seems like quite a nasty multiplayer design problem which should really be looked into.

I guess what you're saying is the remedy suggested by n3o follows the rootkit type design and isn't something you'd like on your pc? This sounds much too extreme for LFS, i don't think it would be an apparent option for the devs.

Although I agree that at least we know about the vulnerability is a good thing it's more the people who use it.

If this starts to get a bigger problem maybe Victor could set up a system where people can report them and they could issue tempoary bans?

Maybe people should submit these replays to the wrecker baricade as they get issued to all server admins.
filur, finding out what n3o suggests is very, very easy: you just have to grab a copy of Icesword, which is free and very easy to run, although it may be a tad difficult to find. It's no apparent option and it's no acceptable option since to be (almost) effective this kind of 'solution' (problem?) would have to trap kernel calls.
An example is what Daemon Tools, in its latest version, does to protect himself from being recognised by copy protections. You can take a look at that with Icesword. Outpost uses the same kernel call manipulation with different calls for a different use. I don't know if I'd call it a rootkit technique or not, although it's used by rootkits too. There are legitimate uses of this technique, especially to provide more security (for instance an antivirus has to open files before the operating system does), but using it as an antitampering measure for a single application is something I'd rule out as bad practice almost instantly, and to date Scavier made clear that LFS doesn't tinker with the registry, doesn't phone home, doesn't fiddle with the inner workings of the kernel. They've chosen to work this way, and I like it.

GP4Flo, imo you trust replays too much.
Quote from Veiti :Then you got me wrong. I just wanted to say that we not only have to say "let's lynch them" but we have to _do_ something. For we can't lynch anybody, we should ban them from our servers.

...nice. +1 for that!

well i think posting the replay and informing the devs should be enough for now but the problem will be, as i said, the number of cheaters and removing them could takes some time. The devs work on this for sure at least i hope so and you know good solutions needs time. Anyway good to know we have not a case Veiti
Yep , ban from lfs aka removing s2 license is good punishment...
Quote from kamo2000 :Yep , ban from lfs aka removing s2 license is good punishment...

+1

Few bucks to get a new account. Cheap way out of the purgatory.
Apparently they are not going to be suspending S2 online accounts, for what reason I do not know but now I know it's up to the server admins to ban these people and let the devs fix the problem.

Don't make the mistake I made though, I banned a guy called "Go sideways" I thought it was the guy using the hack I saw yesterday whos user was "Sir sideways". Obviously unbanned now though.
Quote from Bawbag :Apparently they are not going to be suspending S2 online accounts, for what reason I do not know but now I know it's up to the server admins to ban these people and let the devs fix the problem.

Don't make the mistake I made though, I banned a guy called "Go sideways" I thought it was the guy using the hack I saw yesterday whos user was "Sir sideways". Obviously unbanned now though.

maybe, maybe not.

but...

"Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license. "

From my Point of View they think this way: "I give a **** everyone is stupid i can be god now, im faster anyway so why should i not use this hack" ("or i never was fast, but i want to and this is maybe the only way to get fast so i use it no matter what comes") and if they got cought in action they say "what ? im not cheating how dare you saying that"....another slap into your face. If this is not offence then i dont know what informations i have missed in the past.

:talktohan
Quote from Bawbag :Don't make the mistake I made though, I banned a guy called "Go sideways" I thought it was the guy using the hack I saw yesterday whos user was "Sir sideways". Obviously unbanned now though.

I thought, the lfs name of this cheater was "Sir_Sideways"?
Quote from Veiti :I thought, the lfs name of this cheater was "Sir_Sideways"?

Right, he banned "Sir_sideways" yesterday, meet "go sideways" today and thought its "sir_sideways". Unnbanned "go sideways" and solved. I think...
Quote from Mc21 :Yeah i'm really sorry, I got this of a friend and he said it worked, I didn't believe him so I tryed it.. I didnt see a speed difference. I'm really sorry.

Guys, this really p***es me off. Nice to say sorry... and do it again a day later. Man can´t you see that you SCREW up the lfs statistics? They are only good for the trashcan after all this! I have to talk to our admin Failure tomorrow. Would be better to lock all the FM Servers and only people who show up in ventrilo will get the password. Damn, public server can be that fun. If you can be sure everyone uses the same "weapons"
Attached images
ds.JPG
Now these freaks like Mc21 are cheating on a privateserver,and the PB's are ruined! illepallillepall

Idiots without skill and honor!!!!

*sighs*

And he was so sorry yesterday...yeah right...

Their licenses should be disabled. Period.
Tossers.

New forum feature suggestion:

(semi-serious)
It was a private server. I was having some fun. I remove all my PB's after. Gee.
It was my server, don't see the big deal, if it's private, i'm having fun with friends, and I delete my PB's straight after. =/
Quote from Mc21 :It was a private server. I was having some fun. I remove all my PB's after. Gee.
It was my server, don't see the big deal, if it's private, i'm having fun with friends, and I delete my PB's straight after. =/

So your admiting to spreading this to friends, like how this whole thing has started. Gee wiz, it's a crazy world illepall

I couldn't care less about statistics and tbh although every time I race on LFS I push as hard as I can for the win my most enjoyable races are ones where there's a good hard fight.

If people want to use the cheat to win then do so, you lose my respect and take a hollow victory in the process. Take me out while using the cheat and I will not be a happy bunny.
Quote from keiran :So your admiting to spreading this to friends, like how this whole thing has started. Gee wiz, it's a crazy world illepall

I couldn't care less about statistics and tbh although every time I race on LFS I push as hard as I can for the win my most enjoyable races are ones where there's a good hard fight.

If people want to use the cheat to win then do so, you lose my respect and take a hollow victory in the process. Take me out while using the cheat and I will not be a happy bunny.

I sent it to 1 friend. That is all.
Quote from Mc21 :I sent it to 1 friend. That is all.

Why did you say "having fun with friends" then?
Not that it makes any difference how many people you sent it to.
Because that 1 friend will send it to 1 other friend, and that 1 will...you get the picture.
BTW, why was it your friends server before you edited your post?
Quote from joen :Why did you say "having fun with friends" then?
Not that it makes any difference how many people you sent it to.
Because that 1 friend will send it to 1 other friend, and that 1 will...you get the picture.
BTW, why was it your friends server before you edited your post?

I'm a admin at the site of the server. So it's kinda both of ours.

680+ km/h with XF GTI ???
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG