The online racing simulator
Hi!

I bought an S2 license about three months ago (if I recall correctly), but haven't really had the time to play LFS since. So I thought I should finally have my first post on here and this thread is a logical choice .

I've been into rFactor and other sims before, but not that much into online racing. For my money LFS has got the best feeling physics engine and also the most promising one (although I do realize the ongoing update halt...).

So since I'm new to online racing, I'd like to say that I prefer doing things right these days. Winning is winning, but playing fair and correctly is more rewarding .
Welcome
Quote from sysoosi :Hi!

I bought an S2 license about three months ago (if I recall correctly), but haven't really had the time to play LFS since. So I thought I should finally have my first post on here and this thread is a logical choice .

I've been into rFactor and other sims before, but not that much into online racing. For my money LFS has got the best feeling physics engine and also the most promising one (although I do realize the ongoing update halt...).

So since I'm new to online racing, I'd like to say that I prefer doing things right these days. Winning is winning, but playing fair and correctly is more rewarding .

Welcome to the forums
Great attitude

SD.
Quote from sysoosi :Hi!

theres fun to be had,plenty of it,good luck on the tracks
1st timer
Been running the demo for a 2 days. Like it so far. Just wandering how it compares to RFactor or Iracing. I run those a little bit also. But I must say LFS seem pretty good so far. What are the Pro`s VS Con`s in this Sims.
Quote from jayrun70 :Been running the demo for a 2 days. Like it so far. Just wandering how it compares to RFactor or Iracing. I run those a little bit also. But I must say LFS seem pretty good so far. What are the Pro`s VS Con`s in this Sims.

welcome to lfs, all i can say is lfs has good physics and you will meet some decent people on some servers,,if u want the best of lfs then worth buying s2 licence,have fun
Welcome j70
Just got the demo, enjoying it thus far, and I'm going through the training.

After failing the overtake training several times in a row, I got the bright idea that instead of chasing them down one by one and getting hit by a car behind me that I'd just take them out in one swoop- and I felt very good about it until I misjudged the corner and hilarity ensued-:ambulance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-0pwvpYRKs

I probably couldn't replicate that if I tried 100 times.
Hi
Hi everyone! I race under the name of Jerrome Yong. I have had Demo for 3 days and I'm going to get a S2 licence in a year or so

Cheerios!

EDIT: ive been wondering how to join a cruise server: How?
Hi everyone! I play lfs from sep 2010 and i love it.
I'm thinking at getting S2. I'm not fast, but it' great to race online.
My racer name is Stigy.You'll say ''Oh no, another Stig...'', but i like this name.

PS: sorry for my bad english...
Hey,yep,lfs is really nice,especially when you buy s2 so im recommending it to u
Quote from Jarod85 :Hi there,
I am kind of new in the online play, however, LFS has been my favourite sim for a long time. Now I would like to get to know how the online playing works than show how good I think I am
I am happy to be here. Have a good racing!
Jarod

hi there i recomend you getting s2 aswell,demo doesnt just cut it,its like a little foreplay but not sex you want the full monte
hi
hi
hello
Hi :wave2: Welcome to the LFS Forum! Have a look in the LFS Manual for all sorts of tips and tricks. If you have trouble with something, just search the forum or make a post in an appropriate thread/sub-forum. See you on track!
Im an iRacing subscriber and decided to try the demo of LFS and its really fun! The tire model here, although it may have some problems, if far better than the one iRacing currently have. feels a lot better. iRacing is coming out with a new, ultimately comprehensive tire model in the next couple months though so that should be good.

The main reason I will play LFS is so that I wont have to worry about my iRating and Safety rating getting destroyed. If I do a race on iRacing without a ridiculous amount of practice then i will most likely lose both safety rating and iRating. needing that much practice means I do only about 2 or 3 races a week! And i want to race more in a little more casual environment. Cant wait.
Welcome,hope you will enjoy ur stay at here
Quote from vishnu333 :Im an iRacing subscriber and decided to try the demo of LFS and its really fun! The tire model here, although it may have some problems, if far better than the one iRacing currently have. feels a lot better. iRacing is coming out with a new, ultimately comprehensive tire model in the next couple months though so that should be good.

The main reason I will play LFS is so that I wont have to worry about my iRating and Safety rating getting destroyed. If I do a race on iRacing without a ridiculous amount of practice then i will most likely lose both safety rating and iRating. needing that much practice means I do only about 2 or 3 races a week! And i want to race more in a little more casual environment. Cant wait.

Welcome!
You may find that the demo part of LFS is maybe too "casual", coming from iracing...
S2 servers tend to do better. Live admined demo servers can be good, so be patient and have a look around. The diversity of LFS is nearly unlimited (I'm not talking about content ) as wished by the devs, so nearly each server is unique.
Hi I have been Part of lfs for a while nOw but I only decided to post here now. I play around mostly on cruise servers so you can find me there (LsC and [RF])
Quote from tbofram :Hi I have been Part of lfs for a while nOw but I only decided to post here now. I play around mostly on cruise servers so you can find me there (LsC and [RF])

il look out for,theres some fun to be had on the cruise servers my favourite at the moment though is the oval
What are cruise servers btw? ppla talk about it but I have no idea what they are
Quote from vishnu333 :What are cruise servers btw? ppla talk about it but I have no idea what they are

its driving within normal real road rules,and there is police who enforce fines which gets taken from points you gain 4 laps you complete
ye like say lsc you earn like £100 per lap you do (not real figures just example) and say to buy a XRG it costs £3000 well once you have £3000 in your bank account then you can buy it simples
new one
New to the site. Boy is this game fun, also very hard. Still not sure about set ups for my cars, but I did get one out of the blue, not sure why, but it is a great set up. Maybe I won it or something, did I mention I am new??

New players say hi here
(3705 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG