The online racing simulator
Thank you all very much
anyone willing to do a render for me pls contact me, its only a quick simple render for my website, thanks!
Thought I'd have a go, so after a bit of reading in this forum, here is my first.
Attached images
xrr.png
I might want to render some stuff again. But I'm wondering if I could use CUDA on my laptop (9600m gt) to render faster then my PC's Quad core @ 3Ghz.
I will be using Max 2009 and vray. Thanks in advance.
Quote from Bose321 :I might want to render some stuff again. But I'm wondering if I could use CUDA on my laptop (9600m gt) to render faster then my PC's Quad core @ 3Ghz.
I will be using Max 2009 and vray. Thanks in advance.

Nein, you can't do that.

there have been a number of hardware based rendering accelerators for 3D, and so far they have all failed - don't ask me why. CPU is just the way to go.

Edit: Get a renderfarm :P
Looks nice. Make sure you don't overrice it. Can't wait for the end-result.
Gustix, that looks nice. Not sure about the taillights though.
Anyway, give way for the noobs.

I decided I want to start learning something about rendering, so here it is.

Here is my 2nd render I've ever made. It was made with help of Gustix.
The first one was made a year ago also with help of Gustix.

Since I still suck at it, I wasn't sure how it would look at the end, so I didn't like the rim color, but I will change it and render it again.

EDIT: Made the rims brighther.

Quote from Gustix :well here after few suggestions i remade rear end with more edgy lights and i think this one suits better than rounded lights

Your XRT is pretty nice but your wheel... =/

Keep your nice work, dude.

baaaaaaaaaaaaah dont listen to him! that rim is awsome!!!! did you modle it yourself?
the rims are ricer.
Quote from leonardo555 :Your XRT is pretty nice but your wheel... =/

Keep your nice work, dude.

Completing...

I think your render has too much noise doesn't it?
Awsome, as usual.
Rendered an old LX6 WIP :P
Attached images
LX6 1.jpg
LX6 2.jpg
LX6 3.jpg
LX6 4.jpg
The colour of the tires look wrong IMO.
Quote from Bose321 :The colour of the tires look wrong IMO.

Havent worked on the tyres yet.
Attached images
xrtttt.png
Something wrong with your lighting, look at mirror, front window and the front bumper. There are white dots.
Hmmm, I think that's not lightning problem, it might be something with rendering
If u use Vray maybe it´s the lighting... In not maybe it´s the render pressets. (Vray too)
Quote from Loko VEN :If u use Vray maybe it´s the lighting... In not maybe it´s the render pressets. (Vray too)

I use blender and I'm pretty sure that that's rendering errors, because made some renders before with lower quality and didn't see any of these spots
Quote from iFastLT :I use blender and I'm pretty sure that that's rendering errors, because made some renders before with lower quality and didn't see any of these spots

Looks like very bright hotspots to me (judging by the placement of the different "pixels" - doesn't appear to be random).

See if there is anything called clamp or clip in the renderer options or framebuffer perhaps - I don't know Blender, so can't point to the exact location. But it should be somewhere.. I think.

If I'm right, then whats happening is that the hotspots (reflections of the lightsource or whatever it is) are so bright that the intensity differences to the neighboring pixels are too great for the anti aliasing to kick in. So, what you need is to tell the renderer to clamp/clip the values so they fall within a lower dynamic range. That way they are much more likely to be be antialiased properly and look better.

A real world example would be the very bright sparkles you see on water. Tiny tiny sparkles, yet so bright.

Ps. not seeing them in lower quality only means that the renderer isn't aiming for as great precision, and can therefor miss the areas that has these spots. Try moving the cam to the side and see if the spots shifts places as well (like reflections would behave) - if yes, then that's defo your problem.
A teammate asked me to do this render in high-res, so I did. If anyone else needs, you can use it. The first one is raw, but the 2nd one is a bit edited.
Sorry for not putting in img tags, but it's the same render as I posted before, so there was no use.

RAW
EDITED
Quote from andRo. :A teammate asked me to do this render in high-res, so I did. If anyone else needs, you can use it. The first one is raw, but the 2nd one is a bit edited.
Sorry for not putting in img tags, but it's the same render as I posted before, so there was no use.

RAW
EDITED

Your render is good but there is nothing different. You only changed the wheels that Mogster made.

But nice one, I liked your edit.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG