The online racing simulator
Quote from sgt.flippy :Maybe the fact the tyre is tiiiiiny and just plain gray plastic looking?

That's quite it actually. Thanks.

Quote from Crommi :Wheel is completely unrealistic, think where the pivot point is when wheel turns and you'll notice that wheel cannot be turned at all because suspension is mounted deep inside back edge of the wheelwell.

I did not notice that at first but now I see.
Attached images
sun noxxx.jpg
Quote from wygiuxx :

The lights looks very good !

But one thing is weird, the floor don't look totally like the car, I mean, they don't look to be in the same universe.
it looks kinda flat and cartoonish
Quote from Vegas Las :The lights looks very good !

But one thing is weird, the floor don't look totally like the car, I mean, they don't look to be in the same universe.

no shadow on the floor.........
that's missing
Quote from wygiuxx :

I'm assuming you have only one spotlight in the scene?
Try adding two more but with much lower intensity to support your main spotlight, that should also let you tone down enviroment lighting which can make scene look little "flat". Try adding one in fairly low angle to light up the front of the car and second to somewhere above, maybe little bit to right-rear from car's center.

Also, don't be afraid to experiment with all kinds of colors for the floor, anything is better than gray
My first render, did it with blender, im saving up to buy the good stuff :/
Attached images
ECKOCASEEMRENDER.jpg
My last ever render with these wheels. It's about time I made some new ones...
Attached images
lolfz5.jpg
It looks so real. Dammit. I wish I could do that kind of stuff

(Is currently working on a 2009 F1 car modelled from a BF1)
Err, the tires I meant. Whew. I should really check my posts..
Quote from doyal :My last ever render with these wheels. It's about time I made some new ones...

Why does it have intercooler in front?
Quote from Jotemi :Vray test (Mogster's wheels)

You forgot about the headlights on the LX
Quote from Crommi :Why does it have intercooler in front?

because it looks a lot better
Quote from Crommi :Why does it have intercooler in front?

Where do cars have their intercooler if they're RR or MR layout?
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Where do cars have their intercooler if they're RR or MR layout?

Porsches have intercooler on top of the engine, just under the lid. As for turbocharged middle-engine layouts, only one that comes to mind is Saleen S7 TT which has intercoolers on both sides of the engine.
Woah what the hell. The S7 Twin Turbo needed two intercoolers for that?
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Woah what the hell. The S7 Twin Turbo needed two intercoolers for that?

Hmm... scratch that, looks like the source was wrong and it doesn't have IC.
But if it had, it would be a whole lot easier to mount two small ones than run piping all around the engine.

But my point being, you'd have to do some pretty crazy piping to mount IC to the front for a rear/mid engined car.
I'm really, really surprised if you dont know about cars with IC's at the front. I mean, A LOT of cars have intercoolers at the front of the car.
I'm in a couple of MR2 clubs, and a lot of the people run Water to Air intercoolers in the Mk1's (better than heat soaking the standard cooler in the bay, no lag due to short piping, not having to worry about mounting the A2A cooler close so its doesn't lag/cutting bits out of the body etc) altho some have rear roof mounted air to air...

I've also seen them cut into the floor of the boot, and the top of the bootlid on MK2's

Standard I/C on Mk1 is over the engine, Mk2 i believe is one side, behind one of the rear vents.

Quote from feat :I'm really, really surprised if you dont know about cars with IC's at the front. I mean, A LOT of cars have intercoolers at the front of the car.

Yeah, a lot of cars with the engine in the FRONT. In a car with the engine Mid mounted, or Rear mounted, having the intercooler piped all the way to the front causes massive lag issues, as the turbo/supercharger has to compress the air in the pipework to the front, cooler, and back again.

Water to air Tank on a MK2 MR2 (a water pump moves the water thru to a cooler, and back again, so the air being compressed is small(compared to A2A plumbed all over the place), reducing boost lag

Low Boot mount Cooler on a Mk2 MR2

Higher Boot mount cooler (with air scoop), Mk2 MR2
http://autospeed.com/cms/title ... cence/A_1789/article.html
Oh, now i understand your idea completely.
Yep, but FZ's engine is based on front, isn't it ?
Quote from feat :Oh, now i understand your idea completely.
Yep, but FZ's engine is based on front, isn't it ?

No, in the back its based on a porsche 911.
Yeah FZ is a RR (rear engined/Rear wheel drive) layout...which is why it can be a bit of a handful on liftoff..
OT
The last MR2 looks pretty sexy imo

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG