The online racing simulator
Quote from squidhead :why is the engine in wrong?
I have never seen RWD with engine sideways, not straight

Some Ferrari's, Lancias, Fiats, Lamborghinis

Rear transverse is quite common, especially in Italy.
yea but it just seems plain wrong to put it side ways rather than normal position i mean XRT ain't no supercar you know
Neither is the X19, or the Beta Montecarlo.

You say 'normal' position, as if longitudinal is 'normal'. In actual fact it's a hell of a lot more complicated to put an engine in a road car longitudinally - packaging, wheelbase etc become harder and harder to manage.

Another one - MGF/TF. Lotus Elise.

All rear engined with transverse engine.
Tristan i know you like to prove your point and i do agree with your post there but XRT's engine is mounted longitudinal way in the game so why not keep the same recipe when doing the render i hope that clears it up

EDIT: back to rendering
Was bored did this for fun BTW how do you cover up the gaps left by the door after they are detached from the mesh?
Attached images
sku-22.5.jpg
You need create some new polys, just select an edge of one of the polys then hold shift and move it in the direction you want, then you have to move the verts so they join up to the interior or the body of the car, i've been doing this with my Gullwing XRT, nearly completed the right door of it, then I have to start on the boot.
Quote from anik360 :but XRT's engine is mounted longitudinal way in the game

Is it? Ooops
Quote from LineR32 :You need create some new polys, just select an edge of one of the polys then hold shift and move it in the direction you want, then you have to move the verts so they join up to the interior or the body of the car, i've been doing this with my Gullwing XRT, nearly completed the right door of it, then I have to start on the boot.

thnx mate gonna do that now on the targa

and finishing render on my pop up headlamps
Finished pop ups FNALLY skin is from keisu so thanks to him for letting me use it for demonstration

EDIT: changed your name
Attached images
sku-23.1.jpg
Looks good Anik, are those wheels from one of the NFS scenes?
HEY!Its keisu not Kiyo!*slaps*.Nice Render
Quote from tristancliffe :Neither is the X19, or the Beta Montecarlo.

You say 'normal' position, as if longitudinal is 'normal'. In actual fact it's a hell of a lot more complicated to put an engine in a road car longitudinally - packaging, wheelbase etc become harder and harder to manage.

Another one - MGF/TF. Lotus Elise.

All rear engined with transverse engine.

i think he meant that there isn't any rear wheel drives cars with an transverse placed engine in the front?
That car in my opinion is a unlicensed nissan 200 sx...
This nissan has rear wheel drive and longitudinal engine contra ire from the game....
Attached images
200.SX.ENGINE.JPG
my newest renders and skins

attachments have 1280x1024
design dudes drift roots public skin "download skin"

new privat design dudes robot drift skin

greetz caoz
Nice background!
However, I think it can be improve by matching the angle of light/shadow and the intensity of the car shadow to the image's shadow. (you got the car's shadow darker than the gate's shadow at the moment for example)
Nice job anyway.
Yet another GR8 render by Caoz! I don't think the shadow is darker... Or at least i think that's the way it should be, because the fire is getting through the gate and it's near the car, which makes the shadow thick. But anyway, i'm not that great of designer or artist. Just giving my opinion.

Again, nice work Caoz!
Just rendered my XRR team skin with Driver.
Attached images
PRC XRR with driver.jpg
i adore those headlamps and the driver added into it great work
@caoz:lighting seems odd with the car though just to let ya know
Damn! that site has marvelous models thanks for hooking me up

edit-check out the render i did for josh
Attached images
TWIN.jpg
Quote from anik360 :Damn! that site has marvelous models thanks for hooking me up

edit-check out the render i did for josh

Fcking nice

I need the background and scene if you dont mind.
Quick and dirty test of car in flames.
Attached images
XRT-racingFlame.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG