The online racing simulator
That's just stupid. Very, very stupid.
high fedelitys rep just got shattered. (well not shattered, but thats just downright sad)
well.. nothing you can do if you never signed anything.. if thats the case, that was your first mistake (and hopefully your last) because that happens to a ton of companies each day and go out of business (surely..) every day for not copyrighting their work.. just like eli whitney and the cotten gin.. he made no money off of it since he never got it pattened
Man MorroW thats some AWSOME work. They look so real.
What are the chances of you havin a shot at my skin?
(Its the castrol skin in the "Render my skin" bottom of pg14)
XCNuse,

Last time when I make render for HFD everything was ok. But yes, if you don't have signed contract...

-LocK-,

Find my post where I explain how to propery request render.
Bunch of clowns......

I would love one of your renders WITH your logo on it...

You guys do some bloody awesome work, keep it up
Quote from MorroW :

-LocK-,

Find my post where I explain how to propery request render.

Thanx 4 the reply m8, will do.
Im doing this only for fun but sure it sucks if someone doesn't even want to give any credits for you for your work..
Shit happens..

About this render here; the desert pic is from google and it's just a test so hopefully no-one gets mad when I borrowed it.
If someone wants to donate some nice landscape pics I'd be very thankfull
Attached images
FZR_ontheroadMD.jpg
hi.. im new to rendering & Id like to know where good textures can be found. eg. 4 brakes clips,lights....
Attached images
FZR_almost_final4_white.jpg
Brakes, lights, seats and all of that can be found in the dds folder of your LFS install. Most newer versions (5+) of 3DS can open dds files with no extra plugin.

Pins, wheels and stuff aren't generally textured, but are metallic like materials.

I noticed you haven't adjusted the material mapping on the wheels yet (i.e. the wheel rims have the same material as the tyre). If you don't know how to do this there is a good tuturial by Grudd on the LFS Wiki (and several other places too).
Quote from Sniiki :Im doing this only for fun but sure it sucks if someone doesn't even want to give any credits for you for your work..
Shit happens..

About this render here; the desert pic is from google and it's just a test so hopefully no-one gets mad when I borrowed it.
If someone wants to donate some nice landscape pics I'd be very thankfull

AWESOME!!!!!
Quote from tristancliffe :Brakes, lights, seats and all of that can be found in the dds folder of your LFS install. Most newer versions (5+) of 3DS can open dds files with no extra plugin.

Pins, wheels and stuff aren't generally textured, but are metallic like materials.

I noticed you haven't adjusted the material mapping on the wheels yet (i.e. the wheel rims have the same material as the tyre). If you don't know how to do this there is a good tuturial by Grudd on the LFS Wiki (and several other places too).

got proble with that tutorial @ lfswiki...

everything is ok until the Material Correction part comes up..
they got at least shitty texture but i got none... everything is gray.... can somebody help me out with that?
..like i say a million times; the tutorial at lfs wiki and grudd's tutorial are absolutely no help for someone just getting into 3dsmax.. you have to know how to do stuff before you get into that, thats why i just say.. dont use them, because you wont find any help from them, you really have to understand the program before you use grudd's tutorial (dunno about the wiki, but so far i havent heard anything positive about it)

Sniiki.. um lol did you happen to notice that your FZ seems awfully .. large
actually.. take that back, looks fine, except your FOV isnt set high enough in 3dsmax (i would move the car closer to the camera too, because it does look slightly to large)
and .. actually the HDRI matches fairly well for the scene imo, rarely will that ever occur lol
oh boy.. now doesnt that show off how much jpegs hate the color red lol
(if you dont get what i mean, look at the compression of the snake on the side of the car)
besides the unusually high contrastic reflections, it doesnt look to bad of a photochop
Quote from MorroW :Today is a sad day in Morrow Design’s history. The first time during our existence, a client decided that he doesn’t want to see our logo under the renders. Of course there is no credit for us on their website either.

Actually it's more a sad day for them, than for you. You guys as artists don't have to worry, it's rather normal that people will copy, steal etc. your work.
Of course it's a shame, but imo the true artist doesn't even need to copyright things, because having the ideas and skills is the point.
I'm quite sure that hdf will not get any more renders of their cars.

Copyright is mostly about honor, and if you remove some copyright, your a looser.

@Sniiki:
There should be more light on the top of the car, it looks too dark compared to the rather bright sky
lol

i told you per e-mail following.

Please remove "DESIGNED BY ...", because its not your design, its your rendering !!

Skin by HFD is not enough in my opinion

I wait 2 days. No answer

The only thing i have made is following. I move the screen a little bit up.

www.hfd.de/media/screen.jpg

change designed by in rendered by and its fine
The renders CLEARLY state "rendered by sniiki - skin by hfd"
no need to say more, with every more word you say you get stuck in the shit more and more

You messed it up, a tiny word such as "sorry" could fix this more easily.

Typical German workaround there...
Spinnenbein:
"because its not your design" ?
Im quite sure that those lights and rims are my design

ORION, you're right about the lightning, thanks for the feedback
Spinnenbein,

Can you please resend that private message. I deleted old messages yesterday.
Oh...you say per e-mail...then where you sent that?

And can you show me where is "DESIGNED BY" row?

"Skin by HFD is not enough in my opinion"
So it's better to remoe completly MorroW Designs logo?

"change designed by in rendered by and its fine"
I see "rendered by" in every render...and it's shows MD member name.

We don't have to talk about this here. You know my e-mail.
You gave me an idea MorroW.

http://www.sccabco.com

You spot it ?
Keep up the work !
And whatever you might say, I still think of all those renders, the SCCC one is the best
Haha

Thanks
Crazy cabbies...spotted that nice ironic (c) there
lol aaw you spotted the (c)
Quote from MorroW :Spinnenbein,

Can you please resend that private message. I deleted old messages yesterday.
Oh...you say per e-mail...then where you sent that?

And can you show me where is "DESIGNED BY" row?

"Skin by HFD is not enough in my opinion"
So it's better to remoe completly MorroW Designs logo?

"change designed by in rendered by and its fine"
I see "rendered by" in every render...and it's shows MD member name.

We don't have to talk about this here. You know my e-mail.

Okido

i have send the mail on Monday 1PM from my Company mailadress.

i resend it tomorrow and i have delete all renderings from HFD Media Folder.

Rest in PM or mail.

@ Orion

Wie war das. Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal ...

Er hat wohl meine Mail nicht bekommen, was nicht das erste mal war. Die Deadline für die Autopräsentation war eben gestern und wir brauchten für VPP das Rendering. Denn kann sein, dass es bei den nächsten Messen und Ausstellungen verwendet wird.

now back to topic..
Quote from Spinnenbein :@ Orion

Wie war das. Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal ...

Er hat wohl meine Mail nicht bekommen, was nicht das erste mal war. Die Deadline für die Autopräsentation war eben gestern und wir brauchten für VPP das Rendering. Denn kann sein, dass es bei den nächsten Messen und Ausstellungen verwendet wird.

now back to topic..

translation:
Quote :How was that? If you have no clue, shut the f*** up...

Apparently he didn't get my mail, which wasn't the first time. The deadline for our car presentation was yesterday and we needed the rendering for VPP (Virtual Performace Parts I guess). Because it might be used on the VPP stands in the next trade shows.

Well, I don't think I have no clue regarding this topic, but if you think so - it's all subjective, because it's about art.
But I would like you to learn reading at least, because on the renders it clearly said "rendered by... and skin by..." - So where's the problem?
I don't think this is a reason to start flaming like you did it right now. This is a forum and all members should try to calm down and behave.

By the way, have you ever thought about the reason why a dealine is called DEADline? Because you're f***ed bigtime if you don't get your stuff finished in time, so you should really get things sorted before - it's all about organization.

You said that you needed those renders yesterday - where's the problem - you HAD them!
I can imagine that it sounds better for you guys, living within the illusion of pro-gaming, to show your sponsors something "you have done yourself", without other credits and stuff, because this will avoid various questions.
BUT you cannot take someone else's work and just modify it to your likings. The result you have created with that action is clear - many people will a) stop craeting stuff for you, or b) always want to see a signed contract before doing anything. And when you already sit together to setup an agreement, it's just a small step to add some payment in there.
And I do NOT appreciate this. Rendering for free is much nicer, you do it to make someone else happy. This is an aweome community - I have never seen people helping each other like that.
Please don't screw it up...

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG