The online racing simulator
LX6 - can`t control it :(
(44 posts, started )
Quote from bob Smith :funny, I'd Never Worry About Getting An Lx6 Pregnant, And I Can't See Having A Collection Of Lx1s Driving About The Place Being Such A Bad Thing Either.

Pmsl !! :d
Quote :in every corner i get big slide

If oversteering is you major concern, try stiffening the front roll bar and softening the rear, whilst lifting the car back up a little if you lowered it too much.
Furthermore adjust the braking balance to a point that suits your driving style, standard setups are hardly usable for keyboard steering.
Quote from Mille Sabords :Try the lower end values, maybe around 3-4.

Won't that affect the clutch speed too, making it easier to overheat it?
In my lx6 setup, I have the rear tires with 1/4 pressure, and front with 1/2 for more grip while steering. It seems to help for me.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'd never worry about getting an LX6 pregnant, and I can't see having a collection of LX1s driving about the place being such a bad thing either.

sig-changing time.

anyways, I usually give a step bigger than my leg and then, sh!t happens. You've made the same thing, Nagash. also, if you can control a car very well (even with mouse) with over steer, that's imo halfway to keeping better control of the LX6 while in a high-speed, dealing with corners, etc. at least it's working for me.
Even if the LX6 is Front engined, the mass repartition makes it behave like a mid-ship or rear engined RWD.
So basically :
- Understeer in entries
- Oversteer in exits.

To tame that, the WR setups usually use a combination of suspension/differential that help them oversteer slightly in entries to increase the turn-in. That is why you catch a big slide.

I would suggest trying to tame it first with the hard-track/Race_S setups, as they are not too performant and a good way to understand the basic reactions of the car.
Also, as someone said in the previous page : tap the button. The LX cars are light and all about smoothness of inputs, which you can only acheive with a proper gaming wheel. Meanwhile, tapping the buttons will help a lot to maintain the balance
Question:

Is it possible to set the mouse wheel as the throttle input??

Anywho, the LX6 is a beast. I love it. To make it harder to drive the devs in their wisdom removed Auto Blip on downshift option. This unfortunately makes it very easy to compression lock the rear wheels in higher powered light weight vehicles if you're not careful. Probably easy to blip the throttle with a keyboard, but people like me using a Logitech gamepad can't. (not unless I stop braking to do so... crash).

Damn it, I want wheel/pedals again so I can heel/toe.
Quote from Rotary :Question:

Is it possible to set the mouse wheel as the throttle input??

Answer:

No. A mouse wheel is digital like a set of three buttons (up/down/click), it has no minimum or maximum setting.
Quote from Bob Smith :Answer:

No. A mouse wheel is digital like a set of three buttons (up/down/click), it has no minimum or maximum setting.

That would actually be an interesting addition to LFS though. Other ways of doing throttle with a mouse/keyboard. Like allowing the mouse wheel to step up/down the throttle by a set amount (like 20% each click)... or allowing you to designate the keys 'a''s''d''f' as 25, 50, 75, and 100% throttle so you could kind of have some control over it. I'd definitely prefer that if I had a mouse...
Has been suggested several times in improvements section IIRC.

I think if someone was to write a different driver, then it could work. Think of it, a steering wheel is not much different from the optomechanical sensor which was standard on old mices (before opticals became the norm)
Quote from Bob Smith :Answer:

Cool, thanks!
When having the option of a ' roughly-indexed throttle/brake axis' you'd lose the ability to press gas&brake at the same time though - obliterating the idea of left-foot-braking.

That said: you can still have some fast lap times with a mouse - just the control of the higher-powered cars will be limited to some degree. But even the lx6 is possible to keep in check when all you want is to hotlap. Racing is another story... ...as to prevail in the slower cars, that's not a big deal. But keep a safety margin doing so, and you will be more comfortable and regarded less hostile by other racers (at large).
Having the experience with mouse-steer that I used for quite a long time - I really felt lucky putting my knowledge about steering-speed & accuracy to some good use when finally switching to a ffb-wheel.

bottom line: know your limits.

And prior to mastering the lx6 comes learning & mastering the lx4 - which in my opinion handles even better than it's 'larger' brother
in my opinion you should drive, drive and drive. LX6 is pretty hard to drive but when you will try to drive it faster and faster you will learn how to control slippery back of this car
Quote from NagashTheBlack :Hi, i`m new to s2 and i have problem driving the LX6 (currently i`m trying FE Green track and i`m over 8 sec from WR). I`m driving on mouse, using the HL set from Setupgrid and nearly in every corner i get big slide unless i`m driving 20 km/h. Can you give me any tips?

Accelerate in 2nd gear and in 1st gear and shift up around 7000 rpm.
Question a bit related to this (since i love lx6)

I've got analog controller - is there a way to use my mouse for steering while using one of the sticks for throtle?
When I'm driving the LX6, I always try to keep it between peak torque and peak power. I shift it so that the RPM drops just above peak torque. Because at higher RPMs, there is more engine braking and it's more difficult to control when you downshift.
i just tried..used the wr setup, and though being my first time on this track, i was able to make a 1.18s..i drive with a joystick..(about to upgrade to a g25 :nod..yoru problem is probably the mouse..the lx6 is a hard beast to tame..especially the accelerator...

LX6 - can`t control it :(
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG