The online racing simulator
LX6 - can`t control it :(
(44 posts, started )
Hi, i`m new to s2 and i have problem driving the LX6 (currently i`m trying FE Green track and i`m over 8 sec from WR). I`m driving on mouse, using the HL set from Setupgrid and nearly in every corner i get big slide unless i`m driving 20 km/h. Can you give me any tips?
Ditch the mouse. You need analogue throttle to tame that beast, else you can't be gentle enough. WR or hotlap sets in general are probably not the best point to start from. Something understeery and planted is necessary to begin with, then the balance can be restored and the speed fed back in once you can keep it pointed where you want.
Try using a slower car or a differnt setup
I think you should buy a decent force feed back wheel from logitech it should help.
Quote from joebob4441 :Try using a slower car or a differnt setup

How`s that going to help me driving LX6? No other setups available, only this one.

Quote from Tonttula :I think you should buy a decent force feed back wheel from logitech it should help.

I can figure that out by myself, i asked for a tips for MOUSE. I don`t have cash for a wheel.
if you're having trouble with oversteer try softening the rear anti-roll, there are tonnes of other shit you can try, but generally you'd have to look at the existing setup first.
I typed LX6 in search - no result was found.
#9 - m4ccy
--
I too can not drive that car with mouse ^^
Can't guarantee WRs, but if I can mouse it around..
Attached files
LX6_2.25-2.set - 132 B - 921 views
Thanks, this one is a lot better
Quote from NagashTheBlack :I typed LX6 in search - no result was found.

Three letter strings are too short to search for. Rather inconvenient given the shorthand names for cars in LFS.
Quote from Bob Smith :Three letter strings are too short to search for. Rather inconvenient given the shorthand names for cars in LFS.

Had this problem too, it can be sidestepped by using google with the following syntax:

site:lfsforum.net lx6

#14 - robt
Quote from Bob Smith :Ditch the mouse. You need analogue throttle to tame that beast, else you can't be gentle enough.

Well it feels ok to control with a keyboard, so dont see why mouse would be a problem ill try and dig up a decent keyboard setup. something i found helped (for some strange reason) was having about 40%+ in the fuel tank.
Quote from NagashTheBlack :How`s that going to help me driving LX6?

It will probably be easier for you to control the LX6 when you have mastered the slower RWDs: XRG/XRT/LX4.
You have to be smooth with that car, all I'm gunna tell you
LX6 is like a girl. You have to be careful with her.
Funny, I'd never worry about getting an LX6 pregnant, and I can't see having a collection of LX1s driving about the place being such a bad thing either.
Quote from Bob Smith :Funny, I'd never worry about getting an LX6 pregnant, and I can't see having a collection of LX1s driving about the place being such a bad thing either.

Yay for LX1's!

Like others have said, try getting to grips with the other RWD cars. Mastering the LX4 before jumping up to the LX6 should help quite a bit.
I have now nearly no problems at all with fzr - maybe i`m not WR setter, but ~3 sec from it isn`t that bad. That`s why i`m asking - why can`t i handle the lx6? ^^
Quote from NagashTheBlack :I have now nearly no problems at all with fzr - maybe i`m not WR setter, but ~3 sec from it isn`t that bad. That`s why i`m asking - why can`t i handle the lx6? ^^

Well its very light, so that might be the reason
Quote from beefyman666 :Yay for LX1's!

Like others have said, try getting to grips with the other RWD cars. Mastering the LX4 before jumping up to the LX6 should help quite a bit.

OH WOW, That is awesome.

I WANT ONE LOL >.<;
Quote from zeugnimod :It will probably be easier for you to control the LX6 when you have mastered the slower RWDs: XRG/XRT/LX4.

thank you for proving my point
try using lower tyre pressure at the back
I enjoyed LX6 / mouse a lot until I bought a wheel.

Some more tips:
1) LX6 / mouse will be driveable if you set the "button control rate" lower than with other cars. Try the lower end values, maybe around 3-4.
This will artificially smooth your inputs (throttle / brake) and the car will become more stable. It should also reduce spinning tendency. Warning! Braking a bit earlier is necessary because full braking power will no more be available when you press the button.

2) Brake balance is a setting you should play with - less front bias mousing that using the wheel

3) Now the difficult part: To be fast with LX6 you will have to tap the buttons, especially throttle. Tapping frequency required is lower if the "button control rate" is low. This will be necessary to keep some gas in the corners, accelerate early enough, and brake late. I recommend (if not done already) that you use KB buttons for throttle / brake and keep the mouse for steering and gear changes, that is slightly more stable and ergonomics.

4) When you reach 1-2s off WR, get a wheel or get in touch with Palluka because I can no more help

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG