The online racing simulator
Help!! Windows starts weird!
(11 posts, started )
Hi all! Im running Widows XP Home edition, and when I start my PC, it starts right, even when i have to sign in, then when it gets to the desktop it has no icons or taskbar, i know how to fix this by going to task manager and making a new task and typing in "explorer.exe". Ok, but here comes the problem, when I do ctrl +alt + del, it MIGHT come up with that screen, if that comes up, It either freazes there or if i click on "task manager", then it freazes, I need some help!! SOMEONE PLEASE!! I want to get back on my PC!

PS: Im on a diff. one atm if you are wondering!
It sounds to me like you have had a virus that replaced a few system DLLs but didn't finish the job, in fact going by what I remember from friends at uni who had that "WARNING YOU HAVE A VIRUS/SPYWARE/ADWARE" PITA when it failed to install correctly for whatever reason, it just bastardised things.

If possible try and run HiJackThis and see if it turns anything up.

It could just be that your system has been bastardised and you need to reinstall.
Quote from 1995CobraR :Hi all! Im running Widows XP Home edition, and when I start my PC, it starts right, even when i have to sign in, then when it gets to the desktop it has no icons or taskbar, i know how to fix this by going to task manager and making a new task and typing in "explorer.exe". Ok, but here comes the problem, when I do ctrl +alt + del, it MIGHT come up with that screen, if that comes up, It either freazes there or if i click on "task manager", then it freazes, I need some help!! SOMEONE PLEASE!! I want to get back on my PC!

PS: Im on a diff. one atm if you are wondering!

After the boot ,and before windows start to load , press f5 , go to "Safe Mode" , Use "restore System" to a previus date , Like 5 or 6 day´s ago , w8 to finish
The system wil reset automaticaly , if that not fix the problem do the same , Load windows in Safe mode , and use HijackThis , also do a Fully Scan System for virus

If the problem Persist , PM , i give you one program to solve the problem
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Inouva :After the boot ,and before windows start to load , press f8 , go to "Safe Mode"

fixed.
Remember that if you find viruses, it doesn't mean they are as simple as removing by an antivirus program. When removing viruses, either by program or manually remember to start the computer in "safe mode" . Windows using less programs and abilities, and hopefully the virus is not running, and therfor easy to terminate. The last virus I had could not be deleted cause it was a disgouses (wrong spelled, like a wolf in sheep cloths) part of windows (it was hiding in the windows folder to make sure you could't disable it normally), I had to find out what files the virus was, then start in safe mode and manually delete them after some search.
Computer is healthy and good now
Boot from your Windows CD and do a repair. It'll keep your current installs and files intact and just repair the system files.
sounds like Microsoft...

Attached images
Under_Construction_by_goku87.jpg
rofl under construction ^^
#11 - CSU1
try this:...
Quote from majorGeeks :System File Checker (SFC) - scannow

Information about SFC

* SFC gives an administrator the ability to scan all protected files to verify their versions and it will attempt to replace missing or corrupted system files by proper versions if it can locate a valid copy on your hard disk. If it cannot find a copy on your hard disk it will ask you to insert your Windows XP CD. You must have a valid copy of your Windows service pack (SP) revision level for this to work properly. More details on System File Checker can be found in the below link:
o http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747
* The /scannow option scans all protected system files immediately and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. This command may require access to the Windows installation source files.

How to run SFC with the scannow option

* Click Start > Run and type sfc /scannow and the click OK.
o Note the space between the c and the /
* You may need your Windows XP CD so have it ready.
o If you have Service Pack 2 (SP2) or SP3 installed, you will need the SP2 or SP3 version of the version of the CD. This can be done with a borrowed CD, if you don't have one.
* Allow the scan to run and when completed, reboot the system.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG