The online racing simulator
Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
Well, slightly more then it will cost me. i think slightly under 250 euro.
I'd rather buy a G25 instead of that skeleton momo
Why not add one more FFB motor? (from the momo, maybe buy broken wheels to use their FFB's or see if you can find on junkyards.... lol)
maybe add 2 or 3... why not 4 ? HELL ADD OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

I mean it. try to add one more
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'd rather buy a G25 instead of that skeleton momo

yes me too...............and i did
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'd rather buy a G25 instead of that skeleton momo

Your choice, although this is way better when the FFB is working. if you like that plastic junk, go ahead.

Quote from Calvinaquino :Why not add one more FFB motor? (from the momo, maybe buy broken wheels to use their FFB's or see if you can find on junkyards.... lol)
maybe add 2 or 3... why not 4 ? HELL ADD OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

I mean it. try to add one more

Well, i don't know how to do that yet, and i need to find one of those engines.

Quote from G!NhO :yes me too...............and i did

good for you.
This looks like a really interesting project, looking foward to seeing it progress.

What size motor are you using at the moment? 540? If you go up to 600 size, there are some very torquey ones available for not much money. Look at 'Graupner Speed 600' motors (for R/C cars / trucks / boats) - these have a shed load of torque and cost me less than £10 each. Not sure what power you're feeding to yours, but the Graupner one has two versions - 9.6V or 7.2V.
Hi, i don't think a normall motor would do it, because they move shocky (try to move the shaft when the power is off). otherwise i put a fat brushless of my boat in it And i think that a bigger engine will burn the FFB controler
you can always try to put a 600 motor in

je kunt het altijd proberen > nee heb je, ja kun je krijgen
Quote from G!NhO :you can always try to put a 600 motor in

je kunt het altijd proberen > nee heb je, ja kun je krijgen

i already have tried, i have loads of motors, but they all are shocky, FFB motors arn't like the usual ones.
Shocky...?
i'm going to order to interals of an kinda new MOMO for like 15 euro i hope that will work
Quote from Bose321 :i'm going to order to interals of an kinda new MOMO for like 15 euro i hope that will work

I don't see how will it work tbh... The new momo will have the same motor and it will be just as week as your current one. So you have two ways of solving your current problem as I see it:

1) Use several identical motors (MOMO's in your case I guess) connected paralelly to compensate lack of torque.

2) Start from Scratch using G25 as a base. Should be easier, as you won't have mess with finding new motor or any other things.
It's expensive, but your choise wasn't for the sake of cheaper price from the very begining
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I don't see how will it work tbh... The new momo will have the same motor and it will be just as week as your current one. So you have two ways of solving your current problem as I see it:

1) Use several identical motors (MOMO's in your case I guess) connected paralelly to compensate lack of torque.

2) Start from Scratch using G25 as a base. Should be easier, as you won't have mess with finding new motor or any other things.
It's expensive, but your choise wasn't for the sake of cheaper price from the very begining

Well, the current engine is dead, so maybe the new one will help. And it was made to be kinda cheap actualy.
Quote from Bose321 :Well, the current engine is dead, so maybe the new one will help.

The old one died because of ..... too much torque? Then new one will die in the same way. If I were you, I'd sit for some time and think through all the construction a few times, calculated everything and only then started working.

Anyway, good luck...
If all else fails then you might have to install another set of cogs so it will reduce the degrees and help the power of the ffb... Would take some designing though lol.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :The old one died because of ..... too much torque? Then new one will die in the same way. If I were you, I'd sit for some time and think through all the construction a few times, calculated everything and only then started working.

Anyway, good luck...

It died because the original MOMO was steering way too hard. And of the age.

Quote from samforey12345 :If all else fails then you might have to install another set of cogs so it will reduce the degrees and help the power of the ffb... Would take some designing though lol.

I have ordered other cogs, now i will have a fraction over 720 degrees. This means i have to remake almost the whole wheel though...
Gah, sucks.. But it should be cool! Good luck.
Looks.. wierd? Hope it like.. doesn't brake and stuff.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Looks.. wierd? Hope it like.. doesn't brake and stuff.

it won't, high quality. btw, i got my new gears, never expected they are this huge... holy cow, they are like HUGE! anyways, this wensday im going to remake some parts of the wheel to make it all fit. i hope i have more FFB after this, otherwise im going to stop working on it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Looks.. wierd? Hope it like.. doesn't brake and stuff.

What do you expect from a Skeleton MOMO anyway?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :What do you expect from a Skeleton MOMO anyway?

This has nothing to do with a MOMO i don't see you guys do any better. And tbh, i dont give a sh*t about how it looks.

Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG