The online racing simulator
Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
Gave the multiplayer a go tonight and it's actually not bad. Better than the single-player anyway.

Seems like there's a lot more teamwork than in most team-based multis. People actually trying to, y'know, win the round and stuff. Amazing.
I found the damage taking to me pretty good as well online, if only the A.I in single player would die as easily. >.>
Just be careful of team deathmatch, if you get placed in one of the larger maps, all it becomes is a sniper duel, which can be intense, but boring. I do find Capture the Diamond to be fun (sure it's just CTF with a different name), because of the pace, it seems like captures happen very quickly and frequently. Not yet tried the last mode, mostly still trying to beat the SP game, because I still find it fun.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Just be careful of team deathmatch, if you get placed in one of the larger maps, all it becomes is a sniper duel, which can be intense, but boring. I do find Capture the Diamond to be fun (sure it's just CTF with a different name), because of the pace, it seems like captures happen very quickly and frequently. Not yet tried the last mode, mostly still trying to beat the SP game, because I still find it fun.

I hated the single-player game, it really bored me.

Team DM gets a bit anarchic, and if the teams are too small you end up with each team in the opposing team's spawn wondering where they are because everybody accidentally avoided everybody else on the way there. Other than that it's fun though, nice and nutsy.

CTF works well but on a couple of the maps it's too easy to get a capture, and those are the maps everybody wants to play.

Oh yeah, the other mode is the control point one. That can either be really good or really bad, depending on how clueless your team captain is (only the captain can capture control points), but thankfully there's a mechanism to vote for a new captain if yours is hiding up a tree sniping people. Probably my favourite game mode.
I dunno, the SP game.. I just make it fun, I set my own side-challenges for it, by giving me a less than optimal load out for weapons. The MP is fun, and I can keep playing it for hours, (Case in point, last night from 12:00 - 3 AM :P).

I dunno, the SP game I can get absorbed by it, and play for a few hours without realizing... kinda addicting for the first game I've actually bought in a year.
But it's dull and repetitive. Share some of your 'ways to make it fun' with us please. :o
Well.. make some missions sniper missions, where you only snipe people. Flamethrower only, stuff like that. Or my personal favourite, keep them guessing, where you make a bunch of noise, but they can't see you/find you.
I tried that today.. they see me before I can see them, through thick foliage it seems, as well. Had fun burning an entire log support section in the ranger section of the second 'map' when I killed the dude at the radio station.

Liberation Radio is no longer.
i wanted to ask,is the map rly changes or am i completly crazy? its seems different,the names are different on map too
i hate this game now its just like fallout 3 to ****ing long for a FPS and too dull for a RPG.

im sure most console noobs are cumming on there 360s and ps3's because of this game

but its still just a noob pile of ownage put it on hard like you do because thats the way its ment to be done and people who are facing the other way fire and you still get dammage??

everyone elses vehicles seem to be better then the one your in even if its the same one they shoot and catch u in 5 mins.

and now ive being thrown onto another 50 sqaure kilomiter map! gah its soooo long and im bored of the story but watching people on fire that run is fun!

as for the cars like crysis but you can use the gun on top gay! and no tires to shoot out. the magical bolt on the radiator that fixes every engine problem that says warning high voltage.

and number one problem dude since when can a guy with a shirt off take sooo many bullets i mean dude thats just UN-REALISTIC. none of the bad guys are diferent all seem to take same bullets except the main characters.

All in all i think it will go down as a great game for console noobs and just another FPS for pc
i have downloaded a savegame thats 96% finished, and it looks like there are more areas because now i am in one with some lake
im at 96% im about to meet the jackle and settle this
some pics and my benchmark result
  • Average Framerate: 43.20
  • Max. Framerate: 61.41
  • Min. Framerate: 31.23
first pic wtf?

Quote from Dooonster :some pics and my benchmark result
  • Average Framerate: 43.20
  • Max. Framerate: 61.41
  • Min. Framerate: 31.23
  • Total Frames: 2837, Total Time: 51.00s
  • Average Framerate: 55.63
  • Max. Framerate: 81.81 (Frame:674, 10.01s)
  • Min. Framerate: 37.07 (Frame:26, 0.73s)
Quote from rc10racer :
  • Total Frames: 2837, Total Time: 51.00s
  • Average Framerate: 55.63
  • Max. Framerate: 81.81 (Frame:674, 10.01s)
  • Min. Framerate: 37.07 (Frame:26, 0.73s)

but i only have a 2.3GHZ dual core so for me im impressed my GFX card that im running is a 9600GSO 768mb it seems to compliment my system very nicely
and the settings for the game for me are set at optimal

dx9 run proved to be a bitch for my pc dx10 wins lol all settings same on a vista ultimate x64 system with the latest drvers
  • Average Framerate: 40.69
  • Max. Framerate: 60.55
  • Min. Framerate: 25.98
Quote from Dooonster :and the settings for the game for me are set at optimal

dx9 run proved to be a bitch for my pc dx10 wins lol all settings same on a vista ultimate x64 system with the latest drvers
  • Average Framerate: 40.69
  • Max. Framerate: 60.55
  • Min. Framerate: 25.98

Mine was the other way around for me but not sure why dx9 has such a boost in performance by 20frames thou.

All max for me @ 1920x1200
Attached images
benchie.jpg
weird lol as you can see for me it worked out worse lol my pc really struggled the whole things gfx lagg everywhere
Doooonser, Try using DX9 mode, it's a known bug (I guess?) that DX10 mode is very hard on resources for some reason. DX10 introduces a lot of mouse lag (for me and others), along with inconcievable slowness when DX9 produces better framerates while still looking the same.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Doooonser, Try using DX9 mode, it's a known bug (I guess?) that DX10 mode is very hard on resources for some reason. DX10 introduces a lot of mouse lag (for me and others), along with inconcievable slowness when DX9 produces better framerates while still looking the same.

i found that it made my frame rates worse on DX9 and my system ran very nice on DX10 i just finished the game anyway and dont like the multi so i will delete it now lol

ending sucks ass too no matter what you do u die
Thanks you moron for giving the story away for those who haven't finished it. -_____-
Meh, I don't think I could fend off boredom long enough to complete it anyway
i downloaded a 96% savegame, but i am stuck in a swamp in the lower right corner of the map.
you can go 2 ways but both are blocked
Quote from g!nho :i Downloaded A 96% Savegame, But I Am Stuck In A Swamp In The Lower Right Corner Of The Map.
You Can Go 2 Ways But Both Are Blocked

Pwned
Quote from Scrabby :Pwned

i think i already know the answer, there still is a blue objective so i guess i should go there

Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG