The online racing simulator
Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
Far Cry 2
Anybody played this yet?

Been giving it a spin and it's pretty good fun, though naturally all the features such as 'removing shrapnel from yourself' get tedious very quickly. The open ended story mode seems to work well, no Crysis-style linear gameplay here.

Graphics and interface are of course very nice, control scheme is pretty dodgy at best and traveling around the 50km² map can get boring after a while.

Enemies are reasonably hard to kill, hardest setting doesn't allow for a crosshair and damage taken is heavy and fast.

Overall the RPG-cross-FPS idea is fairly well done, and makes for a pretty good game IMO.
I'm picking a copy of this up tonight, but it'll be for the 360 not the PC (since I don't think my PC would like it at all). I understand the console versions are made harder (or at least more frustrating in their realism) by not having a quicksave option, so if you get taken out you can't just pop back a couple of mins and have to actually restart from a full save.

I enjoyed STALKER and I reckon FC2 looks like it's a sort of cross between that and Crysis, so can't really be that bad. I'm interested to hear more about the multiplayer though - the reviews haven't really gone into much detail about it.
#3 - G!NhO
i played it (PC) and well its not that great, yeah it looks good and it has some coll things with the weapons that they can jam and explode.
but everytime its the same, a car suddenly pops up and shoots the hell out of you.

and the best thing is......................Jeeps!!! there are 2 Jeeps in it Wrangler and Cherokee/Liberty.
the editor is really cool, i am now making an offroading map.
Quote from Dajmin :I'm picking a copy of this up tonight, but it'll be for the 360 not the PC (since I don't think my PC would like it at all). I understand the console versions are made harder (or at least more frustrating in their realism) by not having a quicksave option, so if you get taken out you can't just pop back a couple of mins and have to actually restart from a full save.

Yeah I think that's definitely something that will make it a lot harder on the console. The quicksave option on the PC basically makes the safehouses redundant, other than for changing the time of day. Still, an involving game nonetheless.
Quote from G!NhO :and the best thing is......................Jeeps!!! there are 2 Jeeps in it Wrangler and Cherokee/Liberty.
the editor is really cool, i am now making an offroading map.

How is the tyre physics?

sorry, got carried away for a moment there...
i kinda like it, it isn't as heave as Crysis, runs good at 8x AA, and everything maxed. i'll try out the phyisics of the cars when im done with my homework. i'll try to make a proper ofroad track with jumps etc
#7 - G!NhO
Quote from Bose321 :i kinda like it, it isn't as heave as Crysis, runs good at 8x AA, and everything maxed. i'll try out the phyisics of the cars when im done with my homework. i'll try to make a proper ofroad track with jumps etc

i already got a lil rock crawling trail, its quite fun.

now i am gonna put a little offroad test track in the map too

Quote :How is the tyre physics?

well they suck :P

and the suspension is very very hard
Quote from G!NhO :i already got a lil rock crawling trail, its quite fun.

now i am gonna put a little offroad test track in the map too

Really? could you send me the rock-crawling level?
#9 - G!NhO
Quote from Bose321 :Really? could you send me the rock-crawling level?

yeah maybe later when i am on the desktop pc

but its just one small trail, but i think ill make some more sections.
#10 - TG44
the physics in the game are great.... in the meaning of breakable stuff etc...

cars move like trains... it's basically just like walking fast inside a steel box.. = the driving phyics are even worse than in crysis

otherwise it's a great game... the graphics/physics/performance ratio is incredibly good
Unfortunately I found that it becomes very tedious very quickly...shoot some guys...drive for ages, shoot some more guys...drive some more...crash jeep....shoot some guys...walk to next place where there is a jeep...shoot some guys (without blowing-up/setting fire to jeep!)..drive a bit...shoot even MORE guys....Jeez...you dont even get a chance to "get it on" with the female buddies!!!!!

Like I said..tedious!

(/me is waiting for teh stoopid aliens to appear and REALLY f**k it up like in Far Cry and Crysis :/)
I am playing with the editor a bit.
Attached images
jeep1.JPG
jeep2.JPG
jeep3.JPG
jeep4.JPG
jeep5.JPG
jeep6.JPG
Ohh, I see I made a dupe thread.

:doh:

Anyway, ordered it today from Play.com, hopefully will get it at the beggining of next week.

Looking forward to trying it out, I loved Farcry, Crysis not quite so much, but this should be good
got new screenie

its a buggy dirt track
Attached images
jeep7.JPG
Oh, cool.

By the way, PB.

I read that you need to complete little side quests to unlock more weapons and the likes. Is this as complicated as it sounds or is it much more simple?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

By the way, PB.

I read that you need to complete little side quests to unlock more weapons and the likes. Is this as complicated as it sounds or is it much more simple?

i thnik its difficult because the single player is as boring as sh*t

but maybe thats because i dont have a sniper yet
Lol D:

I'll see when I get it
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I read that you need to complete little side quests to unlock more weapons and the likes. Is this as complicated as it sounds or is it much more simple?

It's not too bad, whenever you're free you can just go and see a weapons dealer, he'll give you a mission to take out a truck of weapons being delivered by a rival dude, then that unlocks 2 or 3 new weapons for you to buy.
Quote from Bladerunner :Unfortunately I found that it becomes very tedious very quickly...shoot some guys...drive for ages, shoot some more guys...drive some more...crash jeep....shoot some guys...walk to next place where there is a jeep...shoot some guys (without blowing-up/setting fire to jeep!)..drive a bit...shoot even MORE guys....Jeez...you dont even get a chance to "get it on" with the female buddies!!!!!

Like I said..tedious!

(/me is waiting for teh stoopid aliens to appear and REALLY f**k it up like in Far Cry and Crysis :/)

Funny, that's exactly what my brother said...
Quote from G!NhO :got new screenie

its a buggy dirt track

Hmm interesting. Does that editor come with the game and is easy to use?

I'm thinking about getting the game just for it. Doing stuff like that is always a good way of killing some time.
i tough about getting one soon, and do atv tracks like in the first version
ive been having heaps of un playing farcry 2. The car handling is kinda crappy but the sounds and bumbs when you're bush bashing make up for it. It makes it far more interesting being able to wreck the car with one good hard crash, and it stops you just trying to plough you're way through everything. Hopefully there will be lots of mods and maps being made to keep it interesting.
I really enjoy Far Cry 2... it's the first game I've bought in a while before trying it before... and I'm impressed. It runs rather smoothly on my Macbook Pro (on high detail), contrary to Crysis which ran shite, and I don't really notice all that mcuh of a difference graphically. I really like it, and it's fun.
Quote from BigPeBe :Hmm interesting. Does that editor come with the game and is easy to use?

I'm thinking about getting the game just for it. Doing stuff like that is always a good way of killing some time.

yup it comes with the game, and its REALLY easy to use unlike Crysis editor that was very hard.
Hmmm... sounds like a dumbed down ArmA/OFP with better interface and a story. I should check it out... by the way... are there planes?

Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG