The online racing simulator
Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
Quote from G!NhO :the missions are boring as hell, i just got a camouflage suit.

Did you pay for the game?
Funny, seeing this is the first game that I have bought in a long time, due to me actually wanting to play it (not my usual, DL game, play for hour, uninstall and be done with.) and I'm actually happy I did.
Well, I think I've concluded it's as boring as piss, and it's annoying how many bullets the enemies can soak up. And how quickly they respawn. And how you can speed past a guard post and they're all sitting on their arses eating crisps and watching Trisha, but within five seconds they've somehow got in a jeep and not only caught up with you but shot the crap out of your car.

And the most annoying thing about the whole game is that you start all your missions in the middle of the map, and the missions require you to drive to the most remote location possible, and then of course you have to drive back again. Dealing with the same pointless guard post encounters during both trips.

It's just dull.
Yeh it does get rather tedious;x
Ok help? I tried to go online, every time I got into a match it'd say that I was kicked for no packet flow.
the only things i like from the game are Sniping, Jeeps!!! and the editor.
Anyone saw this already?

I dont know if it was posted here before, so sorry if yes.

o_o
Pimpin' Jeep!
DUBS ...................really it doesnt look good
This looks absolutley DELICIOUS!
Attached images
yummy.jpg
He doesn't look all that impressed with it either

I'm pretty sure my version looks better than that though. Those textures look like they're missing something. Full shading maybe.
Quote from Dajmin :He doesn't look all that impressed with it either

I'm pretty sure my version looks better than that though. Those textures look like they're missing something. Full shading maybe.

Maybe a bit of AA would help too...that table (and the plate!) looks awful!
Well my graphic card can't handle any AA lol. It lags like hell!
That's why I got the 360 version. My PC wouldn't touch it, and it's not relaly the kind of game you want to run on the lowest settings
i hated it in the first 5 minutes.

thank god we can try this crap before we buy them.

i'll go play stalker
I can see now why everyone says it's shit. It just is. The graphics are only OK, the jaggy shadows get annoying after a while (I have 8x AA on, that's not my problem) though. The explosions are pretty cool though, and so are some of the effects. Came into my safe house a bit too hot in my Jeep, and found myself knocking down a bloody goat. A goat, at the side of my house, just standing there. Didn't seem to mind the Jeep coming at him either, just tried to stare it down...

It's way too repetitive for my liking. The guard posts are waaaay too close together, and they still see you if you go around them in the forest, even silently on foot. Might be a bit easier when I get a rifle and camo, but right now it's frustrating. The gunfights are too hard too. I'm playing on Normal, and getting rushed by 5-6 soldiers is not cool, especially when it takes almost a full clip to knock one down. And then I run out of ammo and have to use the crappy pistol, which is actually more accurate than the sub-machine gun. I do prefer ammo to be slightly limited like that (unlike Halo for instance, where there's a stockade around each corner), but not when the guards are so close.

And also I've had to turn the graphics down from "Ultra High". Disappointed with that, that's the first game I've come across that won't run reasonably well on full settings

It's not a bad game for the money though, I'll give 'em that. I'll still keep playing it, just in moderation to preserver my sanity.
I'd suggest changing from 8x AA to 4x AA, since if it doesn't seem to be helping, why bother having extra?

Maybe then you can pimp up the settings

Try shaders on medium/high. Seems like that's a good chunk of the resources.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I can see now why everyone says it's shit. It just is. ... It's way too repetitive for my liking.

That's the crux of it, yeah.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :The gunfights are too hard too.

Equip yourself with a machine pistol (Mac-10 or whatever) and a sniper rifle, and it's instant win. The Mac-10 empties the clip in under a second - just point it at someone with the iron sights on and they die quite quickly even though their chests are made out of bullet-reflection material.

That's assuming they can get close enough. Earlier tonight I gave the game another go, killed a couple of dudes at a bridge with my lame camper rifle, saw a guy on the other side duck behind a corrugated metal wall so I was waiting for him to come out. A minute later I saw a tyre come bouncing out from behind it, down the hill and into the river, and a minute or so later I'd lost patience so I started across the bridge to finish him off with my machine pistol. When I got there I found he'd already died. Presumably from the exertion of pushing the tyre down the hill.
Maybe he walked into the tyre, like the cow thing walking into the car.
argh I don't understand the weak bullet damage, as the whole game was trying to be realistic and all that. so often I nailed down some dudes in the forest, only to have them lying on the ground trying desperately to hurt me with their pistols, and I have to search the ground and finish them off!
Wow, those graphics are comparable to those of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, just without bump mapping. But I think ET has better graphics because it doesn't have stupid bloom effects. Bump mapping can look horrible sometimes.

Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG