The online racing simulator
Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
Well, want to be sure.

Are these normal graphics?

DX10 everything on Ultra High except Shadows : Very high.

I''m now making a new map.

Blackwood GP
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Well, want to be sure.

Blackwood GP

nice my comp would die if i ever loaded that game
How is this?

Kinda Blackwood my own version. Junglewood!
Attached images
FC2Editor 2008-10-25 21-13-56-55.jpg
You've never played Blackwood, have you?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Well, want to be sure.

Blackwood GP

Kinda low FPS
Quote from Bose321 :Kinda low FPS

I picked up the lowest fps on the benchmark smarty.

Average is around the 60 fps. my 4870 800/1000 beats your crossfire!

Screenshot's are choppy because of the editor. I cant seem to put it into my game itself.

Total Frames: 2886, Total Time: 51,00s
Average Framerate: 56,59
Max. Framerate: 84,01 (Frame:426, 6,18s)
Min. Framerate: 41,29 (Frame:891, 14,49s)
Attached images
FC2Editor 2008-10-25 21-23-13-64.jpg
FC2Editor 2008-10-25 21-20-08-65.jpg
FC2Editor 2008-10-25 21-19-22-07.jpg
FC2Editor 2008-10-25 21-19-47-42.jpg
FC2Editor 2008-10-25 21-16-51-47.jpg
FC2Editor 2008-10-25 21-18-44-61.jpg
lol i have the game settings on low and it still lags on my computer.

I Fail now lulz..
Quote from EmilO :lol i have the game settings on low and it still lags on my computer.

I Fail now lulz..

lulz
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I picked up the lowest fps on the benchmark smarty.

Average is around the 60 fps. my 4870 800/1000 beats your crossfire!

Doubt it, my average fps is 80, and i have everything ultra high.
I got this game this evening (actually that's yesterday now?).

Quite good overall, nice to have again a FPS game to play. Storymode could be a lot better, but it is ok and definitely nice way to kill some time.

What I'm most expecting is the future LAN "partys" with my mates.
Maybe the LAN combined with own maps is actually the main thing why I got this, not the storymode, it gets a bit boring sometimes.
The original Far Cry was really something what almost made me die for the fun during LANs with good friends, it was shit loads of laugh to battle in it. Didn't ever even finish the campaign, tho it was better than in this sequel, just had it on my HD for the LANs.
Doing some maps for it already...

I'm on medium graphs with HDR + Bloom and 1280x960 (or what was it) and the FPS is just as good as I could expect, it runs with higher setting too, but I like to be FPS wise, this game actually looks quite good with the medium settings too.
On this computer I can get this work with decent FPS with a lot better graphs than Crysis did.
AMD X2 4400+, Nvidia 8600GT Overclocked edition, 2 gigs of RAM. I could use a better PC, but that's not something where I was planning to spend my money on for now.
Quote from BigPeBe :I got this game this evening (actually that's yesterday now?).

Quite good overall, nice to have again a FPS game to play. Storymode could be a lot better, but it is ok and definitely nice way to kill some time.

What I'm most expecting is the future LAN "partys" with my mates.
Maybe the LAN combined with own maps is actually the main thing why I got this, not the storymode, it gets a bit boring sometimes.
The original Far Cry was really something what almost made me die for the fun during LANs with good friends, it was shit loads of laugh to battle in it. Didn't ever even finish the campaign, tho it was better than in this sequel, just had it on my HD for the LANs.
Doing some maps for it already...

I'm on medium graphs with HDR + Bloom and 1280x960 (or what was it) and the FPS is just as good as I could expect, it runs with higher setting too, but I like to be FPS wise, this game actually looks quite good with the medium settings too.
On this computer I can get this work with decent FPS with a lot better graphs than Crysis did.
AMD X2 4400+, Nvidia 8600GT Overclocked edition, 2 gigs of RAM. I could use a better PC, but that's not something where I was planning to spend my money on for now.

so you already tried my map?
One question: What is HDR and what does it do?
A HDRI Photo is generally different from HDR in a game. HDR in a game is just fancy lighting and it makes it look more realistic (some disagree). HDR in a photo combines multiple exposures to create a picture without dark shadows or bright highlights creating a usually unrealistic arty look.
Quote from G!NhO :so you already tried my map?

I rushed to making my own maps, so not yet, but I will.
Quote from mcintyrej :creating a usually unrealistic arty look.

that rather depends on the screen youre displaying it on
so the 16 H race is over,finally managed to wake up so i installed the game,started it got the first error: my nvidia driver is too old,kay no prob,downloaded the new1. start again and my monitor says out of range, v freq. and h freq. if i change my resolution,says the same thing but with different freq. numbers. any1 can help me here plz?
Quote from e2mustang :so the 16 H race is over,finally managed to wake up so i installed the game,started it got the first error: my nvidia driver is too old,kay no prob,downloaded the new1. start again and my monitor says out of range, v freq. and h freq. if i change my resolution,says the same thing but with different freq. numbers. any1 can help me here plz?

Did you get the latest WHQL drivers (178's) or the 'special FarCry2' beta drivers (180's)?...It has been well documented that the beta drivers are a bit buggy.....
I ordered the game for the 360 today, seen all the good reviews and heard from a few of my trusted nerds that it's a good game. I had to buy myself a new 360 anyway, mine is out of warrenty and the laser on the drive is nearing it's death and has a new habbit of causing errors on all new games, meaning I can't play them. Considering it cost £60 to ship it and repair it, I decided to spend the extra £70 and get a new one with a bigger hard drive.
Quote from G!NhO :ok

btw i updated it a little.

http://files.filefront.com/Off ... /;12165446;/fileinfo.html

I will try that, I promise.

But the reason why I haven't yet is these three maps what I've done.

The first one I made, not that good I think than those two later ones.
Map name Keidas v0.8 (Oasis)
Map size Large
Supported game modes DM, TDM, uprising

Screenshots (from map editor)

Then the second one, specially made for LAN fun use, better than the first one.
Map name Saaret v0.9 (Islands)
Map size Medium
Supported game modes All

And the third one.
Map name Propane Harbor v0.9
Map size Medium
Supported game modes All

Originally I designed it for a big boom, those three warehouses were full of ammo, propane, petrol, oil etc. But it seems that if there is so much physics objects in the map it can't be played in game, only in the editor.
So I replaced the huge pile of tiny explosives with few big propane tanks and stuff.

Basically when you shot one ammobox it eventually meant that all those three warehouses went boom. Here's screenshots of that version too.

Inside of the warehouses:

And the boom:

Pheh, done, huge amount of bbcode.

If you want them, just let me know and I'll upload them.

I consider them all as beta, because I haven't done proper testing, ie. I dunno if team balance is good.
-
(e2mustang) DELETED by e2mustang
Quote from G!NhO :ok

btw i updated it a little.

http://files.filefront.com/Off ... /;12165446;/fileinfo.html

i dl'ed and its awesome
Quote from Bladerunner :Did you get the latest WHQL drivers (178's) or the 'special FarCry2' beta drivers (180's)?...It has been well documented that the beta drivers are a bit buggy.....

i got the 178.24

EDIT: i found this http://www.fc2maps.com/maps.php

EDIT2: i found out whats the problem! the game is set to a resolution that my monitor cant handle(1280x800) but i cant edit the xml file.i would change it to 1680x1050,any1 know how to edit xml file ? NVM I DID IT,playing now far cry 2,its awesome!
Played it for a while on the Xbox , kinda enjoying it so far , the locals that try and attack you around every corner is kinda pissing me off at the moment . Must say was very surprised to hear some of the enemy mercs speak in my native language "Afrikaans"

Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG