The online racing simulator
I just want to recommend this really interesting, 7 part series of articles from Newsweek. Apparently they've had reporters following the Clinton, Obama and McCain campaigns from behind the scenes on the condition that their findings weren't released until after the election.

They really make you appreciate just what cluster****s the Clinton and McCain campaigns were, and how well the Obama campaign was run in comparison.
and the witch hunt begins...

Quote :The Supreme Court and Obama’s Birth Certificate
Posted on November 7, 2008 by organicpeas

If The Supreme Court Decides…?

At this point, Supreme Court Justice David Souter’s Clerk informed Philip J. Berg, the lawyer who brought the case against Obama, that his petition for an injunction to stay the November 4th election was denied, but the Clerk also required the defendants to respond to the Writ of Certiorari (which requires the concurrence of four Justices) by December 1. At that time, Mr. Obama must present to the Court an authentic birth certificate, after which Mr. Berg will respond.

If Obama fails to do that, it is sure to inspire the skepticism of the Justices, who are unaccustomed to being defied. They will have to decide what to do about a president-elect who refuses to prove his natural-born citizenship.

“I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate,” says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer. “They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power - even over presidents, even over presidents-elect.”

Also remember that on December 13, the Electoral College meets to casts its votes. If it has been determined that Mr. Obama is an illegal alien and therefore ineligible to become President of the United States, the Electors will be duty-bound to honor the Constitution.

Ohh, and based on this video alone... wondering who you guys would vote for if you lived in America?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix7DkrkIy_I
Its not exactly a witch hunt. The certificate of live birth he posted on his campaign site was found to be a forgery, so now Berg (democrat) is trying to find the real one, although I doubt Obama would have decided to come this far knowing it he was ineligible for president. Makes me wonder why he presented a fake in the first place, though.

This should whet the appetite of you conspiracy theorists
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad ... 8/07/atlas-exclusive.html
Quote from major_syphillis :Ohh, and based on this video alone... wondering who you guys would vote for if you lived in America?

Pretty much summed up what we all thought about his true reasons for disliking Obama.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Pretty much summed up what we all thought about his true reasons for disliking Obama.

It actually kind of scary. I used to think you'd need some kind of totalitarian government for political propaganda to be really effective, but the US have certainly proved that wrong haven't they? Not only do a lot of Americans accept propaganda like that without question; they also brag about accepting it as some kind of badge of honour. They actually think they get the real truth through these videos and their e-mail, and that there is some giant left wing conspiracy going on in the mainstream media to hide the "facts".

It's bloody shocking.
Quote from flymike91 :Its not exactly a witch hunt. The certificate of live birth he posted on his campaign site was found to be a forgery, so now Berg (democrat) is trying to find the real one, although I doubt Obama would have decided to come this far knowing it he was ineligible for president. Makes me wonder why he presented a fake in the first place, though.

This should whet the appetite of you conspiracy theorists
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad ... 8/07/atlas-exclusive.html

WOW - Mike & I agree, yes, interesting questions re his real nationality but you need a big stick to stop the black man gettin to be an upperty ******.

Don't expect to see too much in the media unless he stops doing what he's told to do.

Check out his VIP and certain other advisors, that's where the real power is, Obama is just the acceptable face !

As long as monkey boy does what he's told then he keeps a large percentage of the US population in line, mind you, current betting here is that he collects a bullet before McCain dies from a heart attack.

May well be more use dead than alive.

Sorry for the cynical outlook but lets check back in a year and see who's right ?? OK ?
Quote from major_syphillis :and the witch hunt begins...

Really what does it matter where he comes from? I think it is pretty hypocritical for someone not born in the US to be able to stand for presidency in a country of immigrants (not that I imagine for a second the democrats would be stupid enough to elect such a candidate).

Quote :
Ohh, and based on this video alone... wondering who you guys would vote for if you lived in America?

So one is a white gun slinging hero, not really anything there that convinces me he is in anyway suitable for leading the most powerful country in the world. The other guy is black and is therefore an evil terrorist...
Quote from flymike91 :Its not exactly a witch hunt. The certificate of live birth he posted on his campaign site was found to be a forgery, so now Berg (democrat) is trying to find the real one, although I doubt Obama would have decided to come this far knowing it he was ineligible for president. Makes me wonder why he presented a fake in the first place, though.

According to Snopes, the story about the forgery is false. More debunking here. Makes me wonder why people would like it to be true, though. Disgruntled Hillary fandom? The conservative vs. liberal culture war? Or plain racism?
I was waching a documentary about Obama and McCain the other day and some of the comments by truckers were amazing (paraphrased):
"Barack? Obama? They don't sound very American to me"
"People seem to have forgotten he's one third terrorist. I mean, 'Hussein', isn't that the dictator who we executed? He [Obama] is a muslim extremist, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't last the first year [suggestive]".

No claim about BO or his heritage will surprise me..
Yea, I hear that kind of garbage every day. All I can do is laugh at those people. It doesnt show anything negative about Obama, It just shows their own ignorance.

Hoiw about that old lady at that McCain rally that called Obama a "Arab". LOL
Quote from th84 :Yea, I hear that kind of garbage every day. All I can do is laugh at those people. It doesnt show anything negative about Obama, It just shows their own ignorance.

Somehow I think they're not that ignorant. These statements may sound silly on the surface, but they are ways to say "he ain't one of us" ... without mentioning his skin.
Because settling for 'muslim extremist' is so much better
Rofl, does buying one win you a free trip to GB..
"Anti Obama offensive slogan and image Coffee Mugs will be seen as offensive by Democrat voters."

Surely that should read, offensive to anyone with any sense morality whatsoever.
Quote from wsinda :Somehow I think they're not that ignorant. These statements may sound silly on the surface, but they are ways to say "he ain't one of us" ... without mentioning his skin.

Racism in any form is ignorance, imho.
A reporter from CBC interviewed a couple of red-necks from deep into Missouri a few weeks before the election and all they had to say was pretty much this:

"We've been told he's a secret Muslim.";

"He's probably a terrist.";

"This is country-side, this is not the city, you can't expect people in the country-side to vote like people in the city do."

And that stuck me, why can't the people in the country-side vote like the folks in the city? They didn't have any argument to support this thesis, it was just a FACT that if you're in the country-side, you don't vote like you do in the city. I usually don't like to call people ignorant or plainly stupid, but clearly those red-necks are.

I personally blame Fox News.

Oh, and you will see a lot of people in a year or so complaining that there hasn't been enough change. Well, he's not a god, he's just a man. With the current state of that country, there's no way it'll be the same as it was, say, 10 years ago, even after 4 or 8 years. That will be the republican's main argument: he promised change, there hasn't been enough. Well, there's only so much a man can do if the previous gov. screwed up so much the country.
Quote from DarkTimes :"Anti Obama offensive slogan and image Coffee Mugs will be seen as offensive by Democrat voters."

Surely that should read, offensive to anyone with any sense morality whatsoever.

im for him (at least until he figures out that hes a politician and thus can get away with not fulfilling any of his promises) and anyone and i dont find it the least bit offensive
Quote from Shotglass :im for him (at least until he figures out that hes a politician and thus can get away with not fulfilling any of his promises) and anyone and i dont find it the least bit offensive

Well for me the slogan "snipers for Obama" is offensive, as it endorses assassinating him. Anyway, they've removed the page now from that site, so I guess it doesn't matter.
oh please as if anyone is going to take a slogan on a coffee mug as a serious suggestion to kill the us president
people have been making light of the (im guessing) fact that we wont see him driving in the back of a convertible through dallas any time soon for as long as hes been running for president
I thought this summed up a lot of the overly zealous hero worship I've been seeing lately.
Quote :Editor
Times-Dispatch
Each year I get to celebrate Independence Day twice. On June 30, I celebrate my independence day and on July 4, I celebrate America's. This year is special because it marks the 40th anniversary of my independence.
On June 30, 1968, I escaped Communist Cuba and a few months later, I was in the United States to stay. That I happened to arrive in Richmond on Thanksgiving Day is just part of the story, but I digress.
I've thought a lot about the anniversary this year. The election-year rhetoric has made me think a lot about Cuba and what transpired there. In the late 1950's, most Cubans thought Cuba needed a change, and they were right. So when a young leader came along, every Cuban was at least receptive.
When the young leader spoke eloquently and passionately and denounced the old system, the press fell in love with him. They never questioned who his friends were or what he really believed in. When he said he would help the farmers and the poor and bring free medical care and education to all, everyone followed. When he said he would bring justice and equality to all, everyone said 'Praise the Lord.' And when the young leader said, 'I will be for change and I'll bring you change, everyone yelled, 'Viva Fidel!'
But nobody asked about the change, so by the time the executioner's guns went silent, the people's guns had been taken away. By the time everyone was equal, they were equally poor, hungry, and oppressed. By the time everyone received their free education, it was worth nothing. By the time the press noticed, it was too late, because they were now working for him. By the time the change was finally implemented, Cuba had been knocked down a couple of notches to Third-World status. By the time the change was over, more than a million people had taken to boats, rafts, and inner tubes. You can call those who made it ashore anywhere else in the world most fortunate Cubans. And now I'm back to the beginning of my story.
Luckily, we would never fall in America for a left-leaning young leader who promises change without asking, 'What change? How will you carry it out? What will it cost America?'
Would we?
Manuel Alvarez, Jr

Quote from flymike91 :I thought this summed up a lot of the overly zealous hero worship I've been seeing lately.

ffs man, We gather you don't like him, yet i still cant recall you giving a decent reason why not. ( i have my suspicions though )

Lets all judge the fella after a couple of years in office shall we? You know, when he's had a little time to try and clean up some of the shit that your beloved leaders have created over the last 8 years.

"Luckily, we would never fall in America for a left-leaning young leader who promises change without asking, 'What change? How will you carry it out? What will it cost America?'
Would we? "

What a shitty article. so he's comparing Obama to a communist now is he?

I'd imagine any change will do for America right now, and it cant cost your country any more than the last 8 years of Bush rule has, either financially or reputation wise.
Quote from flymike91 :I thought this summed up a lot of the overly zealous hero worship I've been seeing lately.

Back to the 'liberalism = communism' argument. Castro is a commmunist. Obama is not a communist. It's not really that hard to grasp.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG