The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ah, so there was never anybody at home to raise you - that explains a lot.

Another personal attack. LOL You guys are great.

Quote :
You're pretty big on pride and admiration and all that bollocks, aren't you? You get the warm fuzzies from waving a flag and that's all you want out of it, right?

Some of us aren't so "us and them" all the time. I don't want something if it means I have to take it from someone else. I'd rather share it. For some reason people like me scare the living shit out of you. Why is that?

I don't get the flag innuendo.

So, you want what people earned through sweat and tears handed in your lap? News flash, it ain't easy being successful. It's a tough world out there bro. Gotta earn your living.
Quote from major_syphillis :What about terrorist activities overseas? I'm not talking about bombings in Iraq.

What you don't seem to understand is that 9/11 was not a bunch of terrorists attacking the US "for its freedoms". It was entirely caused by the US's very poor foreign policy in the middle east. That policy hasn't changed (in fact it's just got worse and worse) and until it does change, these freedom fighters will always be looking at ways to attack the US and its allies.
Meh, I don't know you as a person to know if your actually like this but judging on your posts you seem like a damn selfish person who doesn't understand the concept of sharing at all. (This is off course purely based on your posts, you seem like a nice guy on LFS and vent though meh)
Quote from SamH :What you don't seem to understand is that 9/11 was not a bunch of terrorists attacking the US "for its freedoms". It was entirely caused by the US's very poor foreign policy in the middle east. That policy hasn't changed (in fact it's just got worse and worse) and until it does change, these freedom fighters will always be looking at ways to attack the US and its allies.

I completely agree. War on terror has a huge "blind spot."

So what would you have done after 9/11 if you were president?
Quote from major_syphillis :I completely agree. War on terror has a huge "blind spot."

So what would you have done after 9/11 if you were president?

I would have read a book upside down with little kids, went out in my car, taken out a world map and pointed to a middle eastern country and put a red pin on it saying that I'd attack it.

Actually, I wouldn't attack a country because the terrorists are not the gouvernment of the country but groups that live inside many countries. You can't go bomb all of the middle eastern region just because you have doupts that they may have terrorists somewere in there...
Quote from evilpimp :Meh, I don't know you as a person to know if your actually like this but judging on your posts you seem like a damn selfish person who doesn't understand the concept of sharing at all. (This is off course purely based on your posts, you seem like a nice guy on LFS and vent though meh)

lol i'm the nicest guy I know. I have 2 brothers, shared clothes/toys/everything.

you guys have to stop taking things out of context. i'm not selfish. i'm capitalist. I take a lot of risks, I'm 200k in school debt right now. Do you want me to stand there and let somebody not motivated take what I have earned rightfully so? Capitalism. I pay taxes, as most people. I just don't see why I should spread my wealth when I give up so much to acquire it.
Quote from major_syphillis :So what would you have done after 9/11 if you were president?

dunno but how long exactly would you expect youre going to have to throw bombs and bullets at the towel heads until there are no more than 19 left who are pissed off enough about the whole thing that theyd like to fly planes into buildings?

with the current logic which goes somthing like
attack middle eastern countries => kill hundreds of thousands of civilians in the process => create more terrorists
the only way to end this whole thing is arabian genocide
Quote from evilpimp :I would have read a book upside down with little kids, went out in my car, taken out a world map and pointed to a middle eastern country and put a red pin on it saying that I'd attack it.

Actually, I wouldn't attack a country because the terrorists are not the gouvernment of the country but groups that live inside many countries. You can't go bomb all of the middle eastern region just because you have doupts that they may have terrorists somewere in there...

Didn't you see the people rejoicing after Saddam was taken out of power? There are a lot of iraqi people that enjoy freedom that they have never had.

Remember when the statue of Saddam was taken down, the kids beating it with their sandals? I know, media right? But there has to be some truth to it.
I'm talking about war on terrorism here not about Saddam... Saddam is a different story, he killed a lot of people while being in power and its normal that families of those people are mad but happy that Saddam lost the power and control of the country.
Quote from major_syphillis :So, you want what people earned through sweat and tears handed in your lap? It's a tough world out there bro. Gotta earn your living.

Quote from major_syphillis :I've been working full time since I was 15. Yea, I couldn't go out and party all the time with my friends but I made that sacrifice. Paid myself through school. Currently in debt 200k+ with student loans. If I can do, anyone can.

You've been working full time earning a living since you were 15, payed your way through college, and now you're $200,000 in debt...... You saying that's something to aspire to ?

Just exactly what is your hidden motive behind all this Obama hatred ? It's too late to vote him out of office, and unless you have information that can lead to his impeachment, then i can only guess that you're trying to stir up people to such an extent that some nut goes and takes a shot at Obama, or, if enough of you get together, start a civil war.

Your man lost, accept it, that's life. Sometimes it isn't fair, and you don't always get what you want. But resorting to petty hair-brained excuses to justify why you think he's unsuitable for office is quite frankly childish schoolground nonsense.

Give Obama the opportunity to prove himself, like we all did with W once he'd (*cough*) won the election. But for god's sake if he is as bad as W, don't be so dumb as to vote him back in for another term.
Quote from major_syphillis :So what would you have done after 9/11 if you were president?

I'd have begun the process of stopping disproportionate funding of the State of Israel (estimated at $1.8-$3 trillion) and demanded that Israel return all occupied territory back to the Palestinians, the way WE mandated it after WWII. I'd hand over Bush and Blair to the UN for warcrimes. And Ariel Sharon, of course.

That, in my estimation, would halt the risk of terrorism on domestic soil for a while, giving us breathing space to figure out an effective exit strategy from Iraq and Afghanistan. There are a few other things we need to do, but these things are of paramount importance if domestic security and the lives of husbands, wives and children is of any importance.
Quote from major_syphillis :Do you want me to stand there and let somebody not motivated take what I have earned rightfully so? ... I'm 200k in school debt right now.

Rest assured that nobody's going to be wanting a piece of what's yours right now.

Anyway: Remind me what happens if you get hit by a truck tomorrow and end up needing extensive hospital treatment. Or if you're diagnosed with something like diabetes. Who pays for that? Sure as hell not you if you're in a $200K hole. So do you just die or something?
Quote from major_syphillis :Didn't you see the people rejoicing after Saddam was taken out of power? There are a lot of iraqi people that enjoy freedom that they have never had.

Estimates of 655,000 Iraqis have been killed since our occupation. This far exceeds any risk to the population that was EVER posed by Saddam. I would suggest that describing our effect on Iraq as "freeing" them is self-delusional.
Quote from Mazz4200 : You've been working full time earning a living since you were 15, payed your way through college, and now you're $200,000 in debt...... You saying that's something to aspire to ?

What's wrong with sacrificing a little to get a lot in return?

Quote :
Just exactly what is your hidden motive behind all this Obama hatred ? It's too late to vote him out of office, and unless you have information that can lead to his impeachment, then i can only guess that you're trying to stir up people to such an extent that some nut goes and takes a shot at Obama, or, if enough of you get together, start a civil war.

Your man lost, accept it, that's life. Sometimes it isn't fair, and you don't always get what you want. But resorting to petty hair-brained excuses to justify why you think he's unsuitable for office is quite frankly childish schoolground nonsense.

Give Obama the opportunity to prove himself, like we all did with W once he'd (*cough*) won the election. But for god's sake if he is as bad as W, don't be so dumb as to vote him back in for another term.

Sure I am. But I can't voice my opinion? You know the saying, opinions are like assho!es, everyones got one.

I'm just debating here. I'm not pressuring everyone to join me. Is it wrong?
Being attacked by everyone sucks right now. But I'm just voicing my beliefs.

Quote from SamH :I'd have begun the process of stopping disproportionate funding of the State of Israel (estimated at $1.8-$3 trillion) and demanded that Israel return all occupied territory back to the Palestinians, the way WE mandated it after WWII. I'd hand over Bush and Blair to the UN for warcrimes. And Ariel Sharon, of course.

That, in my estimation, would halt the risk of terrorism on domestic soil for a while, giving us breathing space to figure out an effective exit strategy from Iraq and Afghanistan. There are a few other things we need to do, but these things are of paramount importance if domestic security and the lives of husbands, wives and children is of any importance.

That's a good answer.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Rest assured that nobody's going to be wanting a piece of what's yours right now.

Anyway: Remind me what happens if you get hit by a truck tomorrow and end up needing extensive hospital treatment. Or if you're diagnosed with something like diabetes. Who pays for that? Sure as hell not you if you're in a $200K hole. So do you just die or something?

I have health insurance through my employer, which is a top priority of mine, unlike a lot of people in america which don't give a sh!t. I pay a lot of my paycheck so I have health insurance. I don't get your post though, is it wrong for me to have a dream to be successful?

Quote from SamH :Estimates of 655,000 Iraqis have been killed since our occupation. This far exceeds any risk to the population that was EVER posed by Saddam. I would suggest that describing our effect on Iraq as "freeing" them is self-delusional.

How many of those have been by suicide bombers? That's a pretty low figure to 7 years of "occupation." Even though we are training an iraqi army and trying to build a democratic state in iraq.
Quote from major_syphillis :How many of those have been by suicide bombers? That's a pretty low figure to 7 years of "occupation." Even though we are training an iraqi army and trying to build a democratic state in iraq.

There were no suicide bombings before we invaded. You can't shirk responsibility for insurgent actions like that. We didn't let the Nazis get away with it in the Nuremberg trials and we're not getting away with it ourselves, now.
Quote from major_syphillis :That's a pretty low figure to 7 years of "occupation."

excuse me? thats ~325 a day in the ~5.5 years youve been there... how can you possibly value humal life so low?
Quote from major_syphillis :Being attacked by everyone sucks right now. But I'm just voicing my beliefs.

Nobody's attacking you, but they are challenging your beliefs. If you're feeling attacked, that can be easily explained by the fact that you're flying in the face of overwhelming reason.

Your goal should not be to win an argument or to beat off those who challenge your beliefs. It should be to find the truth. The ACTUAL truth, not just the truth that seems to fit best with the beliefs you have. And if it turns out that things are not as you thought they were, adjust and correct your own beliefs.
Quote from major_syphillis :What's wrong with sacrificing a little to get a lot in return ?

Quote from major_syphillis :is it wrong for me to have a dream to be successful?

It's perfectly acceptable to have a dream to be successful, i'm sure Obama had that very same dream himself.

But, if you've been working full time since the age of 15 (dunno how old you are now ?) But, if you've managed to amass a debt of over $200,000 then you're quite clearly living way beyond your means, and have had to resort to handouts from banks or whoever. And seeing as the banks have recently had to be propped up by the Federal Government, then doesn't that mean you're dependant on the government to fund your lifestyle ? Just like all these lazies living on 40 bucks a week ?

Debt's not a good thing yunno, that's exactly the reason the worlds in such a financial mess at the moment. It's not a sacrifice you've made, it's a gamble. If you can't pay it back you'll end up either bankrupt, homeless, or both. Or you may even end up passing this debt onto your children, now that's some legacy to leave, innit.

Quote from major_syphillis :I'm just debating here. I'm not pressuring everyone to join me. Is it wrong?
Sure I am. But I can't voice my opinion? You know the saying, opinions are like assho!es, everyones got one.

So you're happy if we voice our opinion on you as a person ? Or are personal insult unacceptable ?
Quote from Shotglass :excuse me? thats ~325 a day in the ~5.5 years youve been there... how can you possibly value humal life so low?

That's capitalism, man. Why shouldn't the arms manufacturers make money out of blowing people up? They worked hard on those weapons. It's Iraq's fault for being lazy and not making better weapons.
Quote from SamH :There were no suicide bombings before we invaded. You can't shirk responsibility for insurgent actions like that. We didn't let the Nazis get away with it in the Nuremberg trials and we're not getting away with it ourselves, now.

You can't say that there were none. And I agree again, things weren't done the way they should have been.

Quote from Shotglass :excuse me? thats ~325 a day in the ~5.5 years youve been there... how can you possibly value humal life so low?

Saddam, killed way more than that during his reign.

i'm not advocating that what we did was right. i'm just sayin compared to other wars, it's a very low figure.
Quote from major_syphillis :Saddam, killed way more than that during his reign.

No he didn't. And nothing like that number over any given five year period of his reign. And we've no idea how long this instability in Iraq is going to last - we could be responsible for double that number by the time it's over. Hell, we could be responsible for that many already, nobody's counting.

The biggest atrocity Saddam Hussein committed was the attack on his Kurdish people in the north using chemical weapons that the USA sold to him. Apparently he killed about 150,000 people doing that. They were the only group he was particular about persecuting.

Edit: Also consider how Saddam Hussein came to power in the first place. I wonder who helped him out with that coup...

That's complete fiction. Even if you count the deaths of soldiers and civillians in the war between Iran and Iraq (in which the US FUNDED Iraq and were equally responsible!), the total figure works out at over 4x as many people per day dying under our illegal occupation.
Quote from SamH :Nobody's attacking you, but they are challenging your beliefs. .

I've been called more names in this thread than in my whole life LOL

Quote from Mazz4200 :It's perfectly acceptable to have a dream to be successful, i'm sure Obama had that very same dream himself.

But, if you've been working full time since the age of 15 (dunno how old you are now ?) But, if you've managed to amass a debt of over $200,000 then you're quite clearly living way beyond your means, and have had to resort to handouts from banks or whoever. And seeing as the banks have recently had to be propped up by the Federal Government, then doesn't that mean you're dependant on the government to fund your lifestyle ? Just like all these lazies living on 40 bucks a week ?

Debt's not a good thing yunno, that's exactly the reason the worlds in such a financial mess at the moment. It's not a sacrifice you've made, it's a gamble. If you can't pay it back you'll end up either bankrupt, homeless, or both. Or you may even end up passing this debt onto your children, now that's some legacy to leave, innit.

You have no idea why the world is in a financial crisis do you. Start with mortgages that people couldn't afford, brought to you by the democrats. CHANGE. Because they wanted everyone to be able to afford a home, too bad they couldn't make the payments because they couldn't afford it. People need to learn to live within their means. Hence I rent not own.

My debt isn't the problem. Giving out loans so people can study is a bad thing?

Sorry Mazz, but you make no sense in that post.

i cant find any realiable source for his death toll but earlier in this thread somebody quoted it at around 100 a day which is 1/3 of what you did over there thus far

and either way since when is saddam a suitable yardstick for killing civilians?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG