The online racing simulator
Cheating...
(69 posts, closed, started )
Good to get this out in the open, instead of rumors floating around the place and before people start to blow the whole thing out of proportion. I admire Mercury for this post it truly shows there true morales towards this bad behavior well done guys

This also shows that if you cheat you will always be caught and/or will still not be able to go as fast as the guys with the talent like bawbag, sracer and number of drivers in 16hrs Kyoto.

One thing i do not want to see if Mercury getting a bad name for this it was the individual driver who done this. please keep this in mind guys
Thumbs up mercury, this is a perfect example of how LFS comunity should be like, how it used to be like.

@Thunderhead:

@Scipy: bemti, koji ti je kurac bio.... Srami se bogami
I don't really want to get involved or know the details, but i'm curious as to whether it's likely he used this cheat/exploit on all servers he's raced on, and whether its easy to tell from replays etc. If so i think the CTRA admins should be notified. That sort of thing is simply unacceptable and would surely invalidate all his stats.

Sad to hear really, i just though he was a fast guy.
He's been using this exploit for about 6 months, so yes all of his CTRA records should probarly be deleted.
Didn't he do the GT2 balancing for CTRA? Might want to revisit the balancing in light of this development.
I commend you Mercury for showing your Outstanding moral fiber.

PS: Its good to see an arrogant Douche Bag get whats coming to him
God I hate cheaters!!!!!!!!
Grats to mercury for their honesty.
I think though that there should be made clear, what exploit did he use?
Damage is already done to Scipy’s name. I don’t think that keeping secret the nature of the exploit protects him. (not that there is anyone who cares.)
Was it the famous button clutch macro? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=45980
Defining the nature of the exploit might help delivering the appropriate penalty to you, instead of just whipping all your current points.
Quote from kaynd :Grats to mercury for their honesty.
I think though that there should be made clear, what exploit did he use?
Damage is already done to Scipy’s name. I don’t think that keeping secret the nature of the exploit protects him. (not that there is anyone who cares.)
Was it the famous button clutch macro? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=45980
Defining the nature of the exploit might help delivering the appropriate penalty to you, instead of just whipping all your current points.

It is not relevant what kind of cheat he has used. Not relevant to any racer that is, however information and evidence will be forwarded to dev's (by the appropriate parties) which perhaps can prevent the use of such an exploit in the future.
well I didn't really expect that scipy is/was doing something like that, nor that mercury will go out in public and admit it, but really guys hail down to you, real sportsmanship is always essential

I don't know can we tell that button clutch or scripts for it is detailed by the rules that its a cheat, but as far as i know whole community finds it as an unfair advantage and often makes jokes on hotlappers who use it

and to add to those who want to rip scipy's head off, he can get just few tents per lap, so its not like he gets seconds, you still need a lot of talent
Quote from AppiePils : however information and evidence will be forwarded to dev's (by the appropriate parties) which perhaps can prevent the use of such an exploit in the future.

That's a way more serious reason. nicely put.
Right decision to bring it out Petri, well done there.

To the man who always claimed he wasn't interested in the size of his e-penis: I hope you're proud of yourself now, c*ck.
Quote from N I K I :and to add to those who want to rip scipy's head off, he can get just few tents per lap, so its not like he gets seconds, you still need a lot of talent

Agreed, but this is racing, where tenths a lap can make a huge difference to results , especially over a long race.

Talent means nothing if your a cheat. His reputation will be forever tarnished, and any respect for his talent goes straight out of the window.
It doenst matter if you win by a tenth or 10 seconds a cheat is a cheat and stays a cheat Niki... I dont see the difference... Even thinking about it is wrong, let alone using something like this...

Let he be lucky LFS isnt using punkbuster service, then his LFS career would be over, it detects these kind of scripts or other things running in the background... A ban will follow for every game thats using this service... games as Call of Duty or a simular game... Then you can buy a completly new pc and change provider because of the IP and hardware ban, and a game license ban, i think thats a bit expensive but a good punishment....

Ow and with a PB service you get banned with all the games using it... But then again who expected this in LFS...

Probably not usable for LFS but still i love it in other games...

http://www.punkbuster.com/

Most of you know this service...
omg!

Thanks for your honesty mercury.

Didnt see this one comming.
#39 - Jay
i´ve always admired scipy for his meticulous work, but to see this result is very disappointing.

and yea niki, a cheat is a cheat and stays a cheat, no way to euphemize.

i hope the best for scipy now, all in all he´s a fine guy.
Quote from Dennis93 : omg!

Thanks for your honesty mercury.

Didnt see this one comming.

Nor did we....its very unfortunate that this happened and it did so without anyone else in the team knowing about it until it was revealed...
I dont want anyone biting scipy`s head off over this...His talent and insight has been a great help to us and it would be to any team out there...
We at Mercdury wish scipy the very best despite what has happened
Quote from NorwegianViper :Nor did we....its very unfortunate that this happened and it did so without anyone else in the team knowing about it until it was revealed...
I dont want anyone biting scipy`s head off over this...His talent and insight has been a great help to us and it would be to any team out there...
We at Mercury wish scipy the very best despite what has happened

Agreed, well said Vipstah!
very good rhandling with that situation by you guys, mercury. we should all take that as an example for further acting in future happenings.

yes, scipy has given himself an advantage which put him up on a level, where he wouldnt be at the moment. 2 or maybe 3 tenths might be possible with that "cheat". please notice, that lfs has given the possibility to do that, similiar to what we had some years ago with the buttonclutch.

the sad thing is that scipy did not stop using it when he got asked for it, and thats the only thing he should be blamed for. all in all, as jay said, he is a good guy, who does a great job especially in setup developement. he might be ahead of everyone there, and that is prolly no cheat. as far as i was able to recognize he is a fair driver on track, even if he's not nice to everyone, which definetly does not depend on someone's personal speed in lfs. some people just dont get along with each other, that will always stay a fact.

blame his acting in that special situation, but not the person scipy.
Bulls*it of the worse kind, cheating is cheating no matter if you stop doing it when asked or not.

Thing is that what goes around, comes around and when you are an arrogant idiot, backfiring gets worse. Tough luck, any cheater deserves to be punished.

PS. Oh and thumbs up for Mercury, really didnt expect this way of coming forward. Respect.
Quote from n1lyn :

the sad thing is that scipy did not stop using it when he got asked for it, and thats the only thing he should be blamed for.

Erm? When we found out he was infact cheating, he was told to stop and he did so, unless someone else confronted him first?
Actually i remember a IRC convo Josh (Arrow) showed me during the 6H SO4 race and one of the SK guys talking to scipy about something similar, depends who you guys told.
-
(joshdifabio) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Actually i remember a IRC convo Josh (Arrow) showed me during the 6H SO4 race and one of the SK guys talking to scipy about something similar, depends who you guys told.

Yes, but he stopped it on the Friday before the south city race, the day we found out.
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(AMB) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
There were people who knew about this cheating before us, thanks to their research we also did find about it. As far as I know this was the case with a certain SK member hearing about it from some source and then directly confronting Scipy about it before the South City race. In the end its not relevant who knew first or before us, better to find out now than months later =)
-
-
(hyntty) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(rc10racer) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
-
Quote from Dragonmen :You might not like what he did but be a sportsman about it... don't go down on him now.......

I know there's a lota love in MOE but thats just ridiculous
Quote from n1lyn :2 or maybe 3 tenths might be possible with that "cheat". please notice, that lfs has given the possibility to do that, similiar to what we had some years ago with the buttonclutch.

No need to put "cheat" in quotations, as if its not really a cheat. It's another of Phlos' hacks, it is a CHEAT with a capital 'C' .

Sorry, but i don't buy all this "don't be too harsh on him" crap. He's a talented racer, he makes great sets ( i use quite a few of his, they always make me faster) but he felt the need to gain an unfair advantage over everyone else by cheating.

Balls to not being harsh on him. Any kind of cheating is completely disrespectful to those hes competing with. If i was one of the devs i'd ban him for life.

It's the lowest thing you can do in sim racing. No excuses, no forgiveness.
This thread is closed

Cheating...
(69 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG